Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Why are so many people up at this hour ?

(1000 Posts)
SummerDad Sun 27-Jan-13 01:25:39

Just wondering ...

Lueji Mon 28-Jan-13 02:02:53

I've just finished work (late from home) and I'm trying to unwind

izzyizin Mon 28-Jan-13 02:17:33

Have a good flight, squeaky, and enjoy your trip Stateside.

squeakytoy Mon 28-Jan-13 02:21:02

I am terrified lol!!! I am meeting my birth mother for the first time... and my aunt, and my cousins.. who are all meeting me at the airport!

bran Mon 28-Jan-13 02:33:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HeavenlyWineandRoses Mon 28-Jan-13 02:48:05

Feeding the baby who has just woken up 45 mins after the last feed confused.

izzyizin Mon 28-Jan-13 02:57:48

Aw, squeaky, that is just WONDERFUL! How exciting for you - it's going to be one absofuckinglutely AMAZING journey in many more ways than a hundred one grin

If it's your first time in the US you are going to be blown away by the country and you are going to have the BEST time with your biological relatives, who will go out of their way to make you feel right at home Uncle Sam style.

I'm over the moon for you and can't wait to read an account of your incredible adventure... please start a thread here on your return.

Squeaky Ooh how exciting! Where abouts are you going? Have you spoken to them much before hand?

I second the request for a thread when you come back! Have an AWESOME time! grinthanks

izzyizin Mon 28-Jan-13 03:15:19

I'm up because I'm a night owl and often mumsnet work late into the night, skype with my folks in the States, other relatives down under, and assorted friends around the globe, while London sleeps. However, tonight I'm waiting for painkillers to kick in and ease my troubled knee so I can hobble up the wooden stairs to Bedfordshire.

I'm slowly getting my brain round the unpalatable fact that a replacement may be required. If all of the various potions and alternative remedies I'm necking don't do the business, I'll be booking a flight home and checking in for surgery in the not too distant future.

At this rate I might be temporarily leaving the UK on squeaky's return plane, presupposing that she decides to come back smile

PS anyone know of a miracle cure for osteoarthritis of the knee? Or even half a cure? <sob>

HelloBear Mon 28-Jan-13 03:30:12

Baby won't sleep, just screams every time put him down.

Watched Twilight new moon with him in arms, 2 unsuccessful put downs and now sat listening to my DH snoring.

Need sleep

Yakshemash Mon 28-Jan-13 03:40:15

Insomnia. Have to be up in three hours for work. <bangs head>

jynier Mon 28-Jan-13 03:48:34

Am going through deep grief.

Best wishes squeaky and thanks to AF for the succinct reminder of what I will never have again!

HeavenlyWineandRoses Mon 28-Jan-13 04:17:49

Awake again. Baby feeding again and now has done a massive poo which sounds like it might have shot up her back therefore requiring a bath and full outfit change. I am too nervous to look.

Just re-read last few posts. Squeaky, that's so amazing. Best of luck. Can you update us to let us know how you get on?

Good luck to me with this nappy change.

HeavenlyWineandRoses Mon 28-Jan-13 04:18:44

jynier, sorry for your loss.

deleted203 Mon 28-Jan-13 04:19:30

Insomnia. Rarely sleep before about 3.00am.

Another insomniac here. Given up tossing and turning - need to be up in 2 hours anyway!

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Mon 28-Jan-13 04:47:42

Feeding baby for the 3rd time tonight. Been up since 4 this time.

MrsShrek3 Mon 28-Jan-13 07:25:32

Yaks and pickle,did you bother to get any sleep?
(I sat in bed for a couple of hours, but did an all nighter. still not tired)

jynier Tue 29-Jan-13 02:47:41

Another sleepless night! Thank you heavenly.

cafecito Tue 29-Jan-13 02:49:24

Hi jynier, I am up all night. I've started to realise, maybe I should become officially nocturnal

cafecito Tue 29-Jan-13 02:52:17

sorry for your loss jynier- I am also bereaved (quite a few in quick succession) but the main, truly dreadful one is nearly 4 years ago now and still partly the reason I cannot sleep. but I was always upside down with sleeping so it's not entirely that. have you been to your GP?

SummerDad Tue 29-Jan-13 03:04:47

Just watched sleepless in Seattle, looks like I grow old and die watching movies alone smile

I wish I could have someone loving lying next to me ...

SummerDad Tue 29-Jan-13 03:06:08

I am such a needy hopeless soul ...

cafecito Tue 29-Jan-13 03:08:10

love that movie!

cafecito Tue 29-Jan-13 03:08:26

I am in a library

SummerDad Tue 29-Jan-13 03:12:29

cafecito, which library would be open at this time apart from some uni etc smile what are you doing there hehe

This thread is not accepting new messages.