Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Why are so many people up at this hour ?

(1000 Posts)
SummerDad Sun 27-Jan-13 01:25:39

Just wondering ...

Midwife99 Thu 14-Feb-13 07:29:24

Perhaps the coughing wakes her up & then she thinks yeehaaa - noisy time!! I guess she's a bit young for star charts?

Vicks on the feet is meant to help with night coughing.

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Sun 17-Feb-13 05:36:26

Thank you for your suggestions, midwife and stairs smile

Well I put snufflebabe on her feet the night before last and she slept for 4 hours, then 4 hours, then 2 hours so stairs I not only thank you but present you with these thanks wine

I however have the worst throat infection so slept less well (poorly household). I also forgot to do it tonight but have just given her a late edition menthol tootsie tickle so we will see what comes of that....

Where is everyone? What happened to our lovely niteowls support thread? Dr cafe? Izzy? summerdad? sad <lonely>

Hopefully everyone is sound asleep, even if that means cafe is face down in 'Immunology for Clever Chops' drooling catching some zzzzs

grin

Hi am here! I like this thread smile Oh im glad it worked kitty, i read about it on here! Well i had a terrible night but thats prob because we are off to Florida in 5hrs, going to get up now, hope you all sleep well! X

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Sun 17-Feb-13 06:08:52

stairs you little tinker grin how lovely for you! how long for? holiday? will you check out the keys and the mangroves? envy very envious. Enjoy smile

I like this thread too wink

SummerDad Sun 17-Feb-13 20:07:17

kitty and stairs good to see you guys on this thread, have been visiting this thread off and on. Luckily, I have managed to sleep during last few nights peacefully not sure how long will this spell go for. I have a vague feeling that tonight will another sleepless night, lets see how it goes. At least there is more likelihood of a good company if I remain awake smile

I hope 'others' are doing well too wink.

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Sun 17-Feb-13 23:16:44

hi summerdad et al (that's yer ackshuel Latin)

Well, a lovely doctor who looked like Eric Stolz has just diagnosed Tonsilitis. I'm exhausted, in pain and wobbly so here's hoping for at least a little bit of sleep before my daughter needs me again. There are worse things in the world than being examined by Eric Stolz, by the way grinwink

speak to you all later. Glad you've had a bit of sleep summerdad. smile

SummerDad Sun 17-Feb-13 23:42:56

Thanks Kitty. Interestingly, I have also been diagnosed for Tosilitis recently and am just waiting for the operation date, finally the tonsils are going to be removed. I hope you get better soon smile.

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Mon 18-Feb-13 00:42:39

oh poor you sad summerdad Did you get squoozed by Dr Stoltz too?

"It's my tonsils doctor; these two round tonsils at the front and the lower, larger, rounder tonsils at the back"

< backs up into the capable arms of Dr Stolz>

oh, just me?blush wink

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Mon 18-Feb-13 00:44:58

In less pain thanks to a cocktail of codeine and paracetamol. finally some relief, thanks Dr stolz grin

winterland Mon 18-Feb-13 00:58:22

Can I join? I'm wide awakkkkkeeeconfused

Damash12 Mon 18-Feb-13 01:10:32

Baby feeding!!! Aargh soooo tired!! ... But love him more than anything in the world! X

njaw Mon 18-Feb-13 01:22:13

Just good old fashioned imsomnia. Irritated by DH's. ( not that dear right now but thats another story) ability to sleep like a baby.

winterland Mon 18-Feb-13 01:29:14

I've just been at a big RTC (road traffic accident) and its always hard to wind down after these things

cyanarasamba Mon 18-Feb-13 01:29:48

IBS

Curry

<wince>

LuisGarcia Mon 18-Feb-13 01:38:06

Someone just tell me something comforting.

wordyBird Mon 18-Feb-13 01:40:17

The nights are drawing out, and it's nearly spring Luis. brew

LuisGarcia Mon 18-Feb-13 01:42:12

Thank you!

Midwife99 Mon 18-Feb-13 01:42:17

Fuck another horrible dream woke me up after an hour's sleep!! Worrying about money & my love life.

jynier Mon 18-Feb-13 01:50:01

Sadly, I too am wide awake ...

So sorry for all of you who are still awake but wish to sleep!

BuddhaBelly Mon 18-Feb-13 02:04:29

Poorly ds temperature off the peppa pig strip thermometer and hallucinating, seeing Mr Men and Dora the Explorers on the ceiling, cute but worrying, just spent 30 mins sat outside trying to reduce temp.

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Mon 18-Feb-13 02:42:03

oh budda sad I'm just passing through as my little daughter is still asleep but I had to respond to you first. How long has he been like that? How old is he? Do you think he might need an ambulance? Has he had calpol/ibuprofen? How are you? sad

thanks for you
bear for your lovely brave boy

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Mon 18-Feb-13 02:45:23

everyone else...

hi, sorry you are here.

Lucy there are bulbs pushing up in my garden. smile

what sort of thing do you find comforting?

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Mon 18-Feb-13 02:50:46

winterland I can't begin to imagine what that must be like or what sort if coping mechanism you must use.

thanks for you in case they help.

<if you are in one of the jobs that I think you might be then it takes a certain type if person and I applaud and thank you>

jynier Mon 18-Feb-13 03:52:33

...these dreadful, sleepless nights!!! Longing so much for those who are gone!

This thread is not accepting new messages.