Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Why are so many people up at this hour ?

(1000 Posts)
SummerDad Sun 27-Jan-13 01:25:39

Just wondering ...

Midwife99 Mon 11-Feb-13 10:50:47

Being a midwife is tough at times but big respect for my medical colleagues (apart from the rude old male consultants who are just about still in existence & treat their underlings like shite!) smile

grin Midwife- I'll add to that old school Senior Civil Servants who still think anyone not in SCS is a secretary or a minion and can be safely ignored, more fool them.

SummerDad Mon 11-Feb-13 18:15:31

I managed to sleep in time last night around 12 and got up at 7 this morning smile, I wish every night could be same for me.

Midwife99, any one working for the healthcare (apart from the managers wink)deserves total admiration.

Midwife99 Mon 11-Feb-13 18:19:13

Thanks summerdad!! Glad you slept! I had 8 x 8/9 year olds for a sleepover Friday night who rampaged until midnight & were up at 6am! Only just recovered!!

Goober Mon 11-Feb-13 19:39:56

Sorry, didn't mean to ignore your question, I got busy.
I work in a nursing home. I am off tonight but then back in for 3, off for half term week with the kids.

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Mon 11-Feb-13 23:02:24

That's ok goober smile

I used to work in residental homes years ago, and a few nursing homes too. Lots of night shifts, long shifts, etc. It's hard work.

Good that you've got half term off. Enjoywink

I am still up. Have been sitting with DP, talking. Its been lovely, now I'm hoping I will sleeeeep from 12 until say 7 which would be ace grin

SummerDad Mon 11-Feb-13 23:53:44

last night I managed to sleep at midnight but tonight it seems a rather distant possibility I would like to do "some" stuff before I sleep smile

starsandunicorns Tue 12-Feb-13 02:45:25

Hello all, Kitty I looked at that going the history route but no takers sigh. Had a mega crap last night now feel ill. Had backpain all day and now its in my neck sigh hope for sleep soon.

jynier Tue 12-Feb-13 04:38:11

... just impossible to sleep! Admire all of you who are working ...

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Tue 12-Feb-13 08:08:59

stars you had a mega crap last night? grin

or did you have a mega crap night last night? grin

I'm sorry you are in pain, that is not funny sad

starsandunicorns Tue 12-Feb-13 13:17:00

grin Kitty it got worst had pain lodged at the base of head and neck couldnt even put head on pillow poor dp he tucked me up in bed and slept on the sofa. Had too codine tablets and still couldnt rest. Ended up sleeping at rpund seven am on all four cuddling with three pillows and forehead on mattress!!! up now off for a shower then dp will give me a massage then tucked back in bed with no tv. Dp wont let snuggle on sofa. There were was a job advert i saw last night i was going to apply for but just looked at website its all ready been taken down wails said to dp i feel useless he replied your not you make brews and make cake. Bless him

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Wed 13-Feb-13 01:33:02

oh stars that sounds awful sad.
Was it a migraine or something? I'm lucky that I don't suffer from those.

You sound so cheerful even though you keep being disappointed in your quest for work and I must say the way you describe your relationship with your partner is heartwarming smile

my daughter keeps wailing in her sleep. I'm exhausted but she won't let me go off sad

starsandunicorns Wed 13-Feb-13 01:50:33

Evening Kitty not sure really think it was a stress headache and lack of sleep had a pj day today. Got told off by dp as appartly I got out of my bath to early grin feel for you ref your dd my dd2 used to wail in her sleep would get out of bed and by the time I got to her she would be snoring away. Hope you get get some sleep soon. I just keep plodding on ref job seeking just read your post out to dp and hes now polishing his halo lmao anyway off to bed for sleep I hope. Have a good night Kitty

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Wed 13-Feb-13 02:33:02

well she's wide awake now and talking very earnestly sad

I'm so exhausted I feel sick. The last 10 days gave been awful and I just need to sleep sad

starsandunicorns Wed 13-Feb-13 02:42:38

Is there anyone that can have her for a morning/afternoon so you can get your head down. Failing that sleep when she does and forget about the housework for a couple of days sending sleep vibes for you both

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Wed 13-Feb-13 03:03:16

thank you stars

I hope you sleep too smile

muddykittenheels Wed 13-Feb-13 03:08:25

ditto-alcohol is always a great bed avoider

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Wed 13-Feb-13 03:27:12

yeah alcohol/baby Einstein pretty much the same I suppose grin

Are you just up getting hammered muddy? Ah, I remember those days... wink

we are snuggled under a blanket watching 'world animals' and eating toast smile

MrsShrek3 Wed 13-Feb-13 05:23:37

anyone around?

Hiya MrsShrek et al, I'm back on nights after 2 weeks off. Did you all miss me? I moved house in that time. Twas the least relaxing Annual Leave EVER.

I'm illing tonight, I think I might have flu sad

Midwife99 Thu 14-Feb-13 04:15:30

Uggghhhh body clock all over the place. Asleep at 930 last night & woke up at 4 after a horrible dream about a murdering transvestite lodger! Now the cat thinks it's party time!!

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Thu 14-Feb-13 04:21:53

same as last night for me. sad

only It's columbo instead of baby Einsteingrin

Midwife99 Thu 14-Feb-13 04:42:10

Why won't she sleep Kitty? How old is she?

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Thu 14-Feb-13 05:00:22

Hi midwife she's 15 months. She's got a really snotty cold ans cough but she is perfectly awake and happy and playing/reading/talking/being lovely smile

She usually does this just before she learns a new skill; eating, crawling, walking for example. I can't think which skill she might be processing now as she can do the above already. hmm hard sums perhaps?

This thread is not accepting new messages.