Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Why are so many people up at this hour ?

(1000 Posts)
SummerDad Sun 27-Jan-13 01:25:39

Just wondering ...

controlaltdelete Sun 27-Jan-13 02:25:56

In a different time zone.

PictureMeInThese Sun 27-Jan-13 02:26:24

garlic, thanks for sharing that link. That is what I have. It follows years of random day and night shifts.

garlicblocks Sun 27-Jan-13 02:34:09

If the world would just catch up with itself and stay open 24 hrs, we'd be sorted. In fact, we'd be in high demand as we're the scarce resource!

Early to bed, early to rise my arse. <huffs>

Can't sleep, too much to think/worry about, so thought I'd make use of the time by responding to f*wit exH's application for a contact order while I'm in a bad mood angry

giraffesCantEatNHSPotatoes Sun 27-Jan-13 02:47:58

Just had sex and now my Poor lungs are not Happy!

olympicvibes Sun 27-Jan-13 02:48:01

Still angry that my dp's father drove us back from another city about 1 1/2 hours away doing 110 mph..
I'm 30 Weeks pregnant. He scared the absolute shit out of me and now I have painful tum n can't sleep. Test.

olympicvibes Sun 27-Jan-13 02:49:35

Test=twat. Auto correct cack!

cafecito Sun 27-Jan-13 03:14:35

postmanpat- my f*wit ex is doing the same hmm just out of spite

garlic yes yes yes- why is everything closed!? I have an encyclopaedic knowledge of all night places in London, few and far between though (like coffee shops etc). tssk

giraffes- did you aspirate something?

cafecito Sun 27-Jan-13 03:16:07

olympic- don't blame you, really not necessary, hope you get some sleep soon. So the kitkate has delayed my bus journey in the night, I am now working at home (won't be popular) but it's icy cold rain outside and I'd rather download ancient madonna songs and prance about on a chocolate high.. I mean, work.. yes, work... arf

sneezecakesmum Sun 27-Jan-13 03:23:17

Insomnia. Just had some tea and toast grin.

Toothache.

Stressed. Stress makes me incredibly tired and unable to sleep all at once. I could be depressed. Been crying a bit at sad programmes but it wasnt really them I was crying at iyswim.

sad

sillymillyb Sun 27-Jan-13 03:42:01

my son obviously has that delayed sleep phase thing too.... yawn sad

Grumpla Sun 27-Jan-13 03:56:26

Just fed the baby, DS woke up whilst I was in there and started asking me why I was wearing Daddy's dressing gown. Because I'm so fucking exhausted that I picked up the wrong one sweetheart. He was WIDE awake so doesn't seem much point kicking DH to stop him snoring as DS will probably be in here in a few minutes standing creepily by the bed and poking my eyeballs if I don't wake up fast enough.

But these are small problems compared to some of you guys, I hope that you get some sleep and some better times ahead.

ipswichwitch Sun 27-Jan-13 04:07:24

Because this fecking loud wind has woken DS for the umpteenth time nd my arms are so tired from repeated settling attempts I've brought him downstairs, stuck him in the pushchair and rocked him to sleep. Now figuring out how to get him out and back into his cot without waking him or falling over with tiredness. Bastard wind. Worse than snow, at least that's quiet!

ifancyashandy Sun 27-Jan-13 04:11:29

Cold (bug not temperature) induced insomnia / inability to breathe work me up at 2.30am. Started MN (fatal) and am enjoying listening to howling wind & rain. Waiting for the Olbas Oil to penetrate my foggy brain and sinuses.

Midwife99 Sun 27-Jan-13 04:18:15

Because the rain is lashing very loudly on the window & I have shoulder & foot pain +++++!!!! Sigh!!

MrsShrek3 Sun 27-Jan-13 04:26:28

another one signing in grin

phantomhairpuller Sun 27-Jan-13 04:31:59

Because I'm 27weeks pregnant, staying at MILs in an uncomfortable bed (when I already struggle to get comfy cos of my bump) and my bloody brain won't fecking switch off hmm

Morebiscuitsplease Sun 27-Jan-13 04:39:25

dH woke me up twice, shouting in his sleep. sad then lashing wind and rain kep me awame. My car was stolen so am thinking of all the things needed to do as well as planning for lack of wheels. Rang mum in Oz and now on MN drinking hot choc.... May read my book as it is rather good.

Because I am at work. Again. And I am stressed out because I am have a week off next week bur SO much to do I really don't know how I'm going to get it all done.

Tonight is overtime. I have only had 2 days off in January because I am about to have the most expensive 5 months of my life due to:

Dsis's milestone birthday
3 Hen weekends
2 weddings (thankfully number 3 is abroad with a reception next year)
Car MOT and tax in the same week
Moving house next week.

Someone spat at me earlier.

It's still 2 hours till home time. And I have to come back tomorrow.

<WAIL>

HermioneE Sun 27-Jan-13 05:13:05

Blimey bluesuede, why did someone spit at you? sad

Am awake because 36+5 and woke up to pee, then bump decided to start kicking, then the rain and wind kept me awake, and now have just generally woken up. Grrr.

Anyone fancy a brew? I never noticed before that that mug has the MN logo on it.

ravenAK Sun 27-Jan-13 05:17:04

Working all night on stuff for teaching - a load of resources for GCSE Eng Lit poetry.

Will be grabbing a few hours' sleep once dh gets up & takes dc swimming, then have a set of reports to write.

Bertrude Sun 27-Jan-13 05:25:16

Different time zone here too, so at my desk at work sad

Sunday mornings really frustrate me, because I'm up for work at 1am UK time and by the time I get to my desk and check faceache (3am your time) my timeline is full of drunken photos and status updates from friends back home, and I'm up for a week at work.

BubblesAndBeans Sun 27-Jan-13 05:30:33

We are up because just before 4 we were woken up by a loud bang.my dh went to check in the sitting room, where the noise had come from and a big window by the balcony had shattered completely but not yet fallen out. He rang the police because we thought someone wastrying to break in and i went to the flat next door with a very confused dd, who had been fast asleep up to that point. Anyway, to cut a long story short, when my dh checked the outside window ( double glazing) it turned out the outside was completely intact. Whenwe rang the police back to call off the unit they were going to send out, they told us that they have heard it happening before with double glazing and has something to do with difference between outside and inside temp.
The glass still hasnt fallen out so hopefully they can come to fix it before it does.
Dd now fallen asleep again, dh on the couch to keep an eye on events and me, wide awake and unable to sleep smile

Labootin Sun 27-Jan-13 05:35:22

I'm sitting on a beach in the Maldives it's 10.35am here.

This thread is not accepting new messages.