Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Why are so many people up at this hour ?

(1000 Posts)
SummerDad Sun 27-Jan-13 01:25:39

Just wondering ...

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Mon 04-Feb-13 01:32:26

Oh ribena sad

Won't you wake him for a chat? Might it not be best?

Oh god I remember that crying retch.

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Mon 04-Feb-13 01:34:53

Or her of course. How presumptuous of me. blush

RibenaFiend Mon 04-Feb-13 01:43:01

DP is a him(!) and waking is absolutely not the best course of action. He'd be cross which is understandable as he's sleeping so very poorly at the moment. I'm convinced that he's suffering from depression which as he's all "stiff upper lip" about everything and NEVER visits a dr means whatever's wrong is festering and hurting us both. I'm just playing out the situation in my mind where I am in fact now too stupid, fat, self absorbed, uninteresting and moany for him to deal with any more and he wants to break free.

RibenaFiend Mon 04-Feb-13 01:43:44

Ridiculous eh? But I can't stop worrying and crying about the whole thing.

SummerDad Mon 04-Feb-13 01:44:08

Hi all, really feel for the posters who are facing a tough time, wish I could offer my shoulder to cry on if that might be of some solace. I strongly wish the best for everyone here tonight sad.
I will be up almost whole night tonight for some work but might be lurking around this thread off and on though.

cafecito Mon 04-Feb-13 01:55:30

well, I have not slept since the night before last.. sigh.. I am in a hospital eating an M&S salad and up popped an enormous photograph of pus in a kneecap on my large computer screen [ick]

I'm so sorry katy and ribena that you are both feeling so low, and to all the others also feeling down.

ribena, what has made you feel like this? is there anything else that has happened? is it just your DP's character to be stoical and refuse GPs etc? I'm like that but by no means would it be a reflection on anyone around me.

katy - feel free to offload here if it helps you

I am meanwhile plotting how on earth I am going to get any sleep within the next week shock and the hospital water has exploded so no shower for me. and I'm a bit worried that might mean the supply to the coffee machines is cut off [horror]

so much work to get through tonight but zoning out, ipod battery has died so listening to sensible yet depressing stuff by ludovico einaudi while working

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Mon 04-Feb-13 01:58:05

Oh ribena, you do need to talk don't you but I can understand why now is not the right time.

I've heard, though never tried it myself, that writing down your problems and/or a course of action can be cathartic. I suppose you need to march that man of yours off to the docs as soon as possible. Would he respond to a nag firm suggestion? I'll bet it's not what you are thinking.

My daughter seems to have dropped off for now so I must catch some zzzz while I can.
I'm sure I will be about later though. Strength being sent from me too to you both (and any lurkers in need) thanks

Hi summerdad smile

cafecito Mon 04-Feb-13 02:00:22

good night kitty smile

MrsHoarder Mon 04-Feb-13 02:07:28

Baby has croup. He won't sleep lying down. Anothe 2 hours until I can swop with DH...

DontEvenThinkAboutIt Mon 04-Feb-13 02:10:52

I can't quite be bothered to go to bed..... (and I enjoy the quietness)

Actually,I can be bothered.

Night.

cafecito Mon 04-Feb-13 03:22:31

mrshoarder hope you're doing ok there, horrible for you but good you get to have some sleep soon

I've done so much work my head is going to implode. I am feeling too zapped to even stumble to the bus to go home. I may just sleep right here *has visions of angry cleaner prodding cafecito awake in a busy hospital unit at 6am

still, 3 hours better than none right! [sackable offence no doubt]

SummerDad Mon 04-Feb-13 03:33:08

cafecito I hope it is safe to take a night bus at this hour smile If I were you, I would just doze off on a chair with my head down on the table wink

Altinkum Mon 04-Feb-13 04:51:10

Up with asthma/pneumonia.

I drank a full bottle if wine so I could sleep, now feel more ill than ever.

Think I need to be admitted to hospital, but will phone the dr tomorrow, bloody waking up struggling to breath is bloody vile.

Steroids, inhalers nor nubliser is bloody helping!!!

Midwife99 Mon 04-Feb-13 05:15:23

Oh no Altinkum - hope you're ok!!!
I have the man flu & now a 3 year old snoring next to me which isn't helping!! Sooooo tired!!

im up! Slept well thanks to the drugs :-) now going to head into work early and Get the corner desk, Yesss :-) this will really annoy a man who always sits there in our teams section. Ha ha!

jynier Mon 04-Feb-13 05:53:27

Hope that you're all ok! Have been reading posts on here all night as am unable to sleep.

SummerDad Mon 04-Feb-13 06:14:53

Hi jynier, at least I am ok so far grin thanks, been awake all night was working on something now too tired to go to work, might take a day off wink, what kept you awake.

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Mon 04-Feb-13 07:01:02

Morning all

My daughter slept from 2-630 with just a little quack so I feel rather refreshed.

stairs so glad the drugs do work. Enjoy that luxurious corner desk grin

cafe where did you and up, Doc?

midwife you're a man ? Who knew? Hope you feel better soon.

summerdad naughty!

Midwife99 Mon 04-Feb-13 07:43:56

Well I'm an honorary man for the duration of this cold major flu bug!

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Tue 05-Feb-13 08:54:28

Was nobody up and aboutlast night?

Well done everyone smile

SummerDad Tue 05-Feb-13 12:09:11

Hey kitty I was absolutely shattered after having literally no sleep night before so I just crashed at 11 last night seems like a good idea to have a flip flop routine ;)

I slept. How are you doing Kitty? Hows the boobmonster?

Midwife99 Tue 05-Feb-13 20:02:43

I slept under the influence of night nurse again (have sinusitis) but DD has taken the opportunity to get into bed with me the last 2 nights somehow sensing that I'm too drugged up in no fit state to send her back to her own bed!

Have you tried that stuff you squirt up your noose, Midwife? It took me ages to discover it works quite well (have suffered for many years with sinuses)

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Tue 05-Feb-13 21:35:54

Well by hook or by drugs crook most people seem to have had a good nights sleep smile

summerdad you'll be joining us tonight then by the sounds of it? That's a bit like my daughter's sleep pattern; she will stay up all night then sleep well the next.

midwife ouch, you poor thing, sinusitis is truly awful.

Hi stairs, you said it grin
She is indeed a boobmonster but so gorgeous and funny that I can't say no.
How was the corner desk?

But where's our Dr cafecito?

This thread is not accepting new messages.