Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Why are so many people up at this hour ?

(1000 Posts)
SummerDad Sun 27-Jan-13 01:25:39

Just wondering ...

SummerDad Thu 31-Jan-13 04:11:04

looks like I am the only one up now hmm

izzyizin Thu 31-Jan-13 07:11:39

I only managed a short doze and was up again shortly after you posted, Dad <sigh>

O bright, I so remember that feeling. I hope your precious little babe is soon cough/cold free and you can catch up on zzzzzs, albeit IME parenthood = sleep deficiency for ever more

I'm sure an energy rush is on its way to you stars. When it arrives could you please divert some my way? wink

Are you not blessed with an easily reachable law centre in your location, garlic? If not, have a google of solicitors in your area some of whom may be willing to take on benefit matters - you should be be entitled to legal aid - as it may be quicker to get a legal consult than wait for the CAB to take up cudgels on your behalf.

The contents of your virtual Red Cross parcel worked for me kitty, can you make me up another one, please? smile

With some bribe encouragement, I can practise mind over matter , wordy, but as soon as the pain subsides I become overly optimistic that a miracle has occurred (comes from watching Life of Brian far too many times) and do too many physical tasks chuck away the crutches - on the subject of which I'm more or less settled on a lightweight dark purple number that looks as if wouldn't be entirely out of place at the Dorchester. Jeez, I could so go 6 one of their delectable whisky sours right this minute.

Two massive bangs aren't you the lucky one nice? Is robby the doll you refer to one and the same as the notable tourist attraction Robert the Doll in Key West? If so I'll share a little tale on Friday night which will help you sleep soundly grin

This was intended to be by way of a quick goodnight/good morning to all and, yet again, the keyboard has become a magnet for my fingers. I shall now prise my digits off and take to my bed for an hour or so before getting ready to participate in the ratrace sad.

Slumber on, honeys, and have a good day.

niceupthedance Thu 31-Jan-13 08:10:34

Izzy yes the doll in Key West. It featured in a thread yesterday and in the dark of night, all alone... Sounds ridiculous now. I did sit up for an hour waiting for more bangs. I probably dreamed them.

Look forward to the robbie debunk grin

janji Thu 31-Jan-13 20:47:07

Been to docs this evening.. On anti bioethics for bronchitis now!

Lueji Thu 31-Jan-13 20:51:55

Anti bioethics for bronchitis is a really funny spell checker/ predictive text failure. grin

I'm a biologist

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Thu 31-Jan-13 21:28:33

Izzy I'm so glad my my parcel worked. That's great news grin

Here, the sooner you crack this one open the better.

thanksbrewwinebearsmile

Hope it works as well

wordyBird Fri 01-Feb-13 02:25:03

janji that should help; feel better soonsmile

.. I love auto-correct.. there was a great thread title this evening - 'When do you let your child carry their own epiphany?' (Epi pen.. I think)

I hope all night birds are awake by choice tonight, but.. it tends not to go like that

SummerDad Fri 01-Feb-13 02:30:05

just signing in now, hil to all smile

SummerDad Fri 01-Feb-13 02:30:43

Hi to All I meant grin

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Fri 01-Feb-13 02:45:10

Hil backatcha superdad grin

Been awake since 1.00 with snuffly, coldy 1 year old. Hopefully will get some sleep now as she's just gone off.

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Fri 01-Feb-13 02:46:40

Oops, summer not super blush

Though perhaps you might prefer super grin

SummerDad Fri 01-Feb-13 02:52:03

lol @ kittyandthegoldenfontanelles, I am flattered wink My little one has got cold too and he has been quite restless too. I hope you both get some peaceful sleep.I guess, I will keep awake for at least a couple of hours now ....

WhichIsBest Fri 01-Feb-13 04:20:05

Hello insomniacs. I am up as DD is ill.
Actually she might finally be going back to sleep but I've given up I think.

Not sure whether to get her up and go for a 'sit and wait' appointment at the doctors when they open, or just let her sleep until she wakes, then go. Hmm.

Altinkum Fri 01-Feb-13 04:46:17

I'm up, dh inconsiderate sod woke me as he had been bitten again in his sleep thread on AIBU and now he's snoring and I'm wide decking away.

I text dh dad to say the boys needed black socks. (We're going to a family event.

Dh dad received

*Black cocks needed*

Mortified!!!!

izzyizin Fri 01-Feb-13 05:44:06

When will they be arriving, Altinkum? Friday night's the night on AIBU and I daresay you'll get some takers - don't let them go too cheap, will you? grin

FirstTimeForEverything Fri 01-Feb-13 05:54:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

izzyizin Fri 01-Feb-13 05:59:35

May I be the first to murder sing:

Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday dear Fiiirrurssst
Happy Birthday to YOU

and many more of 'em grin

thanks Have a GREAT day, honey, and celebrate it in style wine

FirstTimeForEverything Fri 01-Feb-13 06:00:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

izzyizin Fri 01-Feb-13 06:16:03

You're welcome smile

Have you got any special plans for today/tonight?

izzyizin Fri 01-Feb-13 06:26:21

Wow kitty, what a generous soul you are. That is one A-mazing box of goodies you've sent me - it'll take week for me to get through those grin

I'm off to get my head down for a couple of hours before facing another day on the treadmill sad

<plucks teddy out of box>

<cheers up smile>

Lueji Fri 01-Feb-13 06:45:59

Happy birthday, First!
wine (is it too late or too early?)

I've been up working since about 5 am. And have been a good girl. smile

Runwayqueen Fri 01-Feb-13 07:13:43

The joys of working at an international airport keep me awake at all ungodly hours of the day confused

Runwayqueen Fri 01-Feb-13 07:24:59

Although this time is not ungodly, but the 0230 alarm clock certainly was

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Fri 01-Feb-13 15:18:02

You are very welcome Izzy

I hope it was magical

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Fri 01-Feb-13 15:20:12

Ooh runwayqueen what time do you knock off?

Are you a beacon waver? grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.