Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Missing condoms

(289 Posts)
calidadsuprema Fri 25-Jan-13 23:52:11

Hi - namechanged for this.

DP and I have been together almost 3 years. We moved in together a few months ago.

Over the festive break I was looking in the medicine drawer for a sticking plaster and came across about 4 condoms tucked in a paracetomol box. We don't use condoms. Date on them was 2014. I assumed DP might have had them since before we met so said nothing at the time.

Fast forward to tonight - my DD felt unwell so I went to medicine drawer for Calpol sachets. For some reason I remembered the condoms and had a look for them. They are missing. DP is 3 days into a 10 day overseas work trip 8 hours time zone ahead. He doesn't usually travel overseas with work. I have put 2 and 2 together and don't like what I am thinking.....I sent a text about half an hour ago to tell him what I have found, saying that it does not look good from where I am standing.

calidadsuprema Mon 04-Feb-13 22:19:37

AF..he was calm and listened to how I have been feeling...seemed to understand my fears. No trying to belittle my worries...genuinely feels like an idiot for grabbing a ziploc bag from the bathroom drawer without checking in detail what ut contained.
He continued to unpack as we chatted and he was completely unfazed when I scanned through the pile of receipts he has brought back.

AnyFucker Mon 04-Feb-13 22:25:37

OK. Sounds feasible to me.

MumVsKids Mon 04-Feb-13 22:40:45

This is the type of thing my DH would do, just grab random stuff.

Glad it's a good outcome op smile

TheCatIsEatingIt Mon 04-Feb-13 22:42:08

Relieved for you. smile

LittleEdie Mon 04-Feb-13 23:09:45

Phew!

newbiefrugalgal Mon 04-Feb-13 23:12:54

Glad you are happy OP.

However I'm a little confused. Did you know they were in the ziplock bag?
I think if we knew early on they were in a bag like this rather than him just grabbing a box of pracetemol that he had earlier tidied up and put condoms in, wonder if everyone here would have been as suspicious?

abbyfromoz Tue 05-Feb-13 00:15:12

Really pleased for you smile

BagCat Tue 05-Feb-13 00:22:26

Great ending! smile

MyHeadWasInTheSandNowNot Tue 05-Feb-13 01:03:11

I wouldn't put too much weight in the 'he looked me in the eye'. Been there, done that - eventually became an ex as my gut instinct was right and he was fucking seeing someone else - whilst looking me in the eye, telling me he wasn't sad

MyHeadWasInTheSandNowNot Tue 05-Feb-13 01:04:48

Don't ignore your true gut feeling because you want this to be the truth - listen to what your gut is saying. I hope it's saying he's telling the truth but if it's not you need to act on it and not sweep it under the carpet.

Abitwobblynow Tue 05-Feb-13 06:29:06

Brilliant ending - because for me the importance lies in that you talked to him, - and he listened and took you seriously.

With that dynamic (the only thing I wish for) you can solve anything. Humans make mistakes - partners care about eachother enough to solve them.

AgathaF Tue 05-Feb-13 07:38:16

Good outcome - I'm pleased for you.

BelaLugosisShed Tue 05-Feb-13 07:54:25

Yay, a condom thread with a resolution, first time ever I think.
Good news Cali.

PartTimeModel Wed 06-Feb-13 15:40:03

Fantastic & well played cali

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now