Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Missing condoms

(289 Posts)
calidadsuprema Fri 25-Jan-13 23:52:11

Hi - namechanged for this.

DP and I have been together almost 3 years. We moved in together a few months ago.

Over the festive break I was looking in the medicine drawer for a sticking plaster and came across about 4 condoms tucked in a paracetomol box. We don't use condoms. Date on them was 2014. I assumed DP might have had them since before we met so said nothing at the time.

Fast forward to tonight - my DD felt unwell so I went to medicine drawer for Calpol sachets. For some reason I remembered the condoms and had a look for them. They are missing. DP is 3 days into a 10 day overseas work trip 8 hours time zone ahead. He doesn't usually travel overseas with work. I have put 2 and 2 together and don't like what I am thinking.....I sent a text about half an hour ago to tell him what I have found, saying that it does not look good from where I am standing.

calidadsuprema Mon 04-Feb-13 22:19:37

AF..he was calm and listened to how I have been feeling...seemed to understand my fears. No trying to belittle my worries...genuinely feels like an idiot for grabbing a ziploc bag from the bathroom drawer without checking in detail what ut contained.
He continued to unpack as we chatted and he was completely unfazed when I scanned through the pile of receipts he has brought back.

AnyFucker Mon 04-Feb-13 22:25:37

OK. Sounds feasible to me.

MumVsKids Mon 04-Feb-13 22:40:45

This is the type of thing my DH would do, just grab random stuff.

Glad it's a good outcome op smile

TheCatIsEatingIt Mon 04-Feb-13 22:42:08

Relieved for you. smile

LittleEdie Mon 04-Feb-13 23:09:45

Phew!

newbiefrugalgal Mon 04-Feb-13 23:12:54

Glad you are happy OP.

However I'm a little confused. Did you know they were in the ziplock bag?
I think if we knew early on they were in a bag like this rather than him just grabbing a box of pracetemol that he had earlier tidied up and put condoms in, wonder if everyone here would have been as suspicious?

abbyfromoz Tue 05-Feb-13 00:15:12

Really pleased for you smile

BagCat Tue 05-Feb-13 00:22:26

Great ending! smile

MyHeadWasInTheSandNowNot Tue 05-Feb-13 01:03:11

I wouldn't put too much weight in the 'he looked me in the eye'. Been there, done that - eventually became an ex as my gut instinct was right and he was fucking seeing someone else - whilst looking me in the eye, telling me he wasn't sad

MyHeadWasInTheSandNowNot Tue 05-Feb-13 01:04:48

Don't ignore your true gut feeling because you want this to be the truth - listen to what your gut is saying. I hope it's saying he's telling the truth but if it's not you need to act on it and not sweep it under the carpet.

Abitwobblynow Tue 05-Feb-13 06:29:06

Brilliant ending - because for me the importance lies in that you talked to him, - and he listened and took you seriously.

With that dynamic (the only thing I wish for) you can solve anything. Humans make mistakes - partners care about eachother enough to solve them.

AgathaF Tue 05-Feb-13 07:38:16

Good outcome - I'm pleased for you.

BelaLugosisShed Tue 05-Feb-13 07:54:25

Yay, a condom thread with a resolution, first time ever I think.
Good news Cali.

PartTimeModel Wed 06-Feb-13 15:40:03

Fantastic & well played cali

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now