Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

This is.. the dating chat thread, number 38

(1000 Posts)
lubeybooby Fri 25-Jan-13 15:38:49

All dating related chit chat, as usual... in here

off we go! grin

watchoutforthatsnail Fri 25-Jan-13 20:50:05

cheers velvet smile

You are right, when there is a rl crossover it is all the worse. I have rl crossovers and several people on this thread i have ' known' for quite a few years ( over 2 in any case).

Its not quite as easy as saying ' just forget it, as it wouldnt be if it was said to your face'

and no, ive never gone out of my way to attack somone, nor to stir up shit, as he has done to me.

I posted today, to let others know. because its not right, hes not right to be doing it.
Funny how he said in his first post he wouldnt be able to post anymore as he was on a flight... but then continued to post for quite a while....

Anyway, im being drawn into it all again.
its not worth it.

scoobydooagain Fri 25-Jan-13 20:51:04

French Martini here please, please

lulubellaboozle Fri 25-Jan-13 20:51:55

A twinkle is vodka, elderflower liqueur and topped up with champagne! If you fancy something hardcore though I made skittles vodka at Christmas and that blows your socks off!!

48howdidthathappen Fri 25-Jan-13 20:53:53

A Twinkle sounds good Lulu I don't mind if I do

Excellent Woo Woo. I may avail myself of a bit of my homemade sloe gin (three year vintage) in due course also.

lulubellaboozle Fri 25-Jan-13 20:56:16

We may have a collectively shit dating history but boy we know how to drink hmm

48howdidthathappen Fri 25-Jan-13 20:56:28

Are you sharing? Voice

KinNora Fri 25-Jan-13 20:58:20

Of course, Scooby (that sounds dead sophisticated).

Lulu, god, I really want one of those now.

KinNora Fri 25-Jan-13 21:00:01

I thought about asking if Voice was hogging his slow gin, 48, but then realised it might taste like gin, in which case, I don't want any

lulubellaboozle Fri 25-Jan-13 21:00:10

Me too, but I've actually got a cup of tea and some mint areo minis. I need a cocktail bar night out soon!

KinNora Fri 25-Jan-13 21:00:38

Sloe gin. Bastard phone.

48 unfortunately there was almost no sloe harvest last year, so I couldn't make any for Xmas as usual. I always give some away to friends. I have a small amount of some I made three years ago to get me thru until next year. I could auction a tot off to the highest bidder?

TweedSlacks Fri 25-Jan-13 21:00:52

+1 Skittles Vodka Please ( make it a large one , one the rocks )

lulubellaboozle Fri 25-Jan-13 21:01:20

Someone put the music on, I fancy a boogie!

Kin its nothing like normal gin, although that's the principal ingredient. Coz I don't like straight gin. But sloe gin.....very warming for the winter.

KinNora Fri 25-Jan-13 21:02:11

Even that sounds good, Lulu, I've got to wash my hair because I've volunteered to work tomorrow. I was supposed to be going for lunch and cocktails. Sad, sad,sad face.

lulubellaboozle Fri 25-Jan-13 21:04:03

<<lulu sways from side to side as her twinkle sloshes backwards and forwards>> - it's raining men!! Hallelujah

KinNora Fri 25-Jan-13 21:04:27

Tweed, 'Skittles vodka' - is that as good as it sounds ? Bloody hell at this rate I'm going to end up getting shit-faced the next time I go out.

You've talked me into it, Voice, cheers me dear

OhWesternWind Fri 25-Jan-13 21:05:04

Oh a twinkle sounds lovely. Where do you get elderflower liqueur?

scoobydooagain Fri 25-Jan-13 21:05:27

Sophisticated that's me all over ! On a dating related theme, I've told last Saturday lunch time man, thanks but no thanks and tomorrow Saturday night time man is cooking me dinner and then we are going to the cinema.

lulubellaboozle Fri 25-Jan-13 21:08:55

western I've only had a twinkle in a bar so don't know where you get the elderflower liqueur but they are gorgeous!!

Skittles vodka is good but strong, online instructions on mixmydrink.com, if anyone fancies having a go!

48howdidthathappen Fri 25-Jan-13 21:14:01

I have a bottle of Bombay Sapphire Gin someone gave me for christmas. Going crack it open and have a sample.

voice Lets hope for a bumper harvest this year.

Home made elder flower cordial is yum.

lulubellaboozle Fri 25-Jan-13 21:16:23

Scooby home cooked dinner and cinema sounds good! What's he like?

KinNora Fri 25-Jan-13 21:20:37

OWW and Lulu, they sell elderflower liqueur in Waitrose, think it's called something like St. Germain ( comes in a very pretty bottle too, if you'll excuse me sounding like a right girly )

scoobydooagain Fri 25-Jan-13 21:22:39

He's nice and looks like Ian Brown, so I like that!

This thread is not accepting new messages.