Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Red flag or grossly insensitive or what!!!

(215 Posts)
Flabber Thu 24-Jan-13 16:34:33

Just spent the night with new man, first night, this morning he said you know you are pretty now but you would be amazing if you lost some weight?

I was dumbstruck, he then said so you gonna lose some weight then

I'm a 14

Very upset I will be honest

PeppermintPasty Fri 25-Jan-13 12:00:28

I agree with SGB about the dangerous bit. You were without doubt a project, I am so so relieved for you that you got away this early, but you'll have to put your foot down or he could go on and on. People like this live in a little bubble of their own arrogance, without much of a footing in the real world.

Report the twat to the police if he carries on.

WELL DONE!!

BattlingFanjos Fri 25-Jan-13 12:10:50

Thank god he never met the 'right woman' major lucky escape Flabber also agree with the poster who said bet you're gorgeous! Well done for getting rid grin

dequoisagitil Fri 25-Jan-13 12:11:11

Well done on dumping this guy. Ugh.

Listen to SGB. Be prepared to go to the authorities if he keeps bothering you, do not meet him under any circumstances.

Astelia Fri 25-Jan-13 14:24:01

Just thought of one other thing- if anyone else has keys to your place make sure they know to not let him in, however persuasive he seems.

Keep yourself safe from this creep OP and don't hesitate to contact the police if he persists.

GregBishopsBottomBitch Fri 25-Jan-13 14:29:57

"Right Woman" there is no right woman for this arsehole, i bet hes the kind of man who will tell women the same old line, "Woman just dump me, no idea what i've done wrong".

DeafLeopard Fri 25-Jan-13 14:42:14

Well done on dumping him OP, he's a nasty piece of work

BerylStreep Fri 25-Jan-13 15:27:03

Any chance of seeing what he wrote in the texts?

<nosey> <hopeful>

DonderandBlitzen Sat 26-Jan-13 00:17:35

Has he gone quiet now OP? I hope you won't hear any more from him. I wonder if he realises it was the losing weight comments that were the final straw.

springyhope Sat 26-Jan-13 02:48:40

Hes already told me he will look after me and he is good at fixing people

RUN!!!

He sounds vile. Thank goodness he has shown his colours early on so you can get out quickly.

Patted you on the bottom?? What, like a prize mare he's going to train up?? Truly gross. Shame you didn't bite a chunk out of his bottom-patting hand.

echt Sat 26-Jan-13 07:23:38

I was about to say he sounded like an arsehole, but then that would be to dignify him, as an arsehole is useful.

While no contact is probably the best response, it's a pity you couldn't have told him that, after extensive research, you've decided he'd best keep his cock for pissing with.

Just saying. grin

Kundry Sat 26-Jan-13 11:25:32

OMG you have dodged a bullet there!

Congrats to you for getting rid so early as he is now showing his true colours.

nickelbabe Sat 26-Jan-13 11:28:38

second Astelia 's wise comment:

Just thought of one other thing- if anyone else has keys to your place make sure they know to not let him in, however persuasive he seems

JumpingJackSprat Sat 26-Jan-13 14:15:39

this sounds like the sort of thing my ex would come out with, and did come back with similar comments when i dumped him. except the opposite re weightloss, mine was a feeder- deliberately over ordering then encouraging me to eat it out of guilt that he had paid for it, derailing my weight loss efforts, used to give me lists of my faults and if i disagreed with him he would sulk for months sometimes. i wish i knew then what i know now and i wouldnt have wasted 3.5 years with the fuckwit. you have had a very lucky escape. i dumped him by text too as by the end i couldnt bring myself to speak to him as he made my flesh crawl. when i ended it he was in the middle of a sulk after he tried to leave me in a foreign country and fly home early so me dumping him a few weeks later was a shock to the system! grin took me a while to get rid of him i wish id just ignored ignored ignored.

Globular Sat 26-Jan-13 14:22:05

echt grin

BerylStreep Sun 03-Feb-13 10:42:55

Flabber has he made you see the error of your ways yet?

What about that list of defects, are you working on some self-improvement?

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now