Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Advice with husbands Internet dating please!

(54 Posts)
RedBunny Fri 18-Jan-13 10:37:52

Howdy, first ever post and I wish it was a happy one!! However, having read advice on here before I think it would help me.
Before my husband and I were married I discovered he had joined some dating sites and was chatting and swapping pictures with girls on his phone. He promised to never do it again and we got married, had a baby, I felt like I'd forgiven him.
We've argued a bit lately and gone to counselling. He was weird last night and said he had to work late, but one of his colleagues had no idea what he would be doing. I just felt wrong about it- this is what he used to say. So I signed into his email account he used for chatting last time and there was an email to say he'd registered for an adult dating site and another to send him possible matches.
I texted him to ask and he said he'd never heard of it. I sent him a picture I took of the email. He still says he hasn't heard of it and it wasnt him. But the username for the site is very similar to his actual name. I feel like I'm being stupid cuz I want to believe him that someone else must have done it, but I feel so confused. Can I believe him?

AnyFucker Fri 18-Jan-13 18:01:30

You have been trying to be a "good wife" for this lying twat ?

If being a "good wife" involves shutting the fuck up about his entitlement to make a mug of you, turning a blind eye to infidelity/attempted infidelity and giving him more and increasingly frantic blow jobs in attempt to keep his sexual interest on you then for god's sake, be a Bad Wife

nkf Fri 18-Jan-13 18:04:20

He is lying. And he thinks he can get away with this because you forgave him the first time. That's all. All you can do is decide how you will deal with it.

RedBunny Fri 18-Jan-13 22:26:25

Thank you for all your opinions and advice. I guess I have to do some unmessing of my head. And never let anyone mess it up so much again.

MadAboutHotChoc Sat 19-Jan-13 08:55:48

My OH said he signed up out of loneliness, wondering what was out there.

<snorts> People sign up to these sites for one reason only - to fuck other people.

Op - please get rid of this lying cheating scumbag, you are worth far more than this. And get tested for STDs sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now