Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

UPDATE: I've packed up his stuff! And now I'm pregnant.

(111 Posts)
tzella Wed 09-Jan-13 11:57:10

This is the previous thread This is a light-hearted and fun thread and I really enjoyed it, and thanks to all who posted. I didn't list all the things he'd done but they included giving me two black eyes, restricting my social life and trying to restrict my work plus expecting me to pay for everything and do all the cooking and housework.

So, the relationship is over and I feel 100% positive about that. My further troubles are nothing to do with him. My first thoughts about him in regards to this are negative; I won't tell him and I will never set eyes on him again, if I can help it. I have to be honest and say I'm scared of him.

Onwards to this morning. My period is late, I'm very regular so I POAS and I'm pregnant. I want to talk about this.

I'm 38 and have never consciously wanted a child but this is probably my last chance. I got pregnant 10 years ago (in the dying embers of a relationship then too hmm) and there was no question that I wanted to terminate and I did. I don't have the same sureness about terminating this time. How do I make the decision?

imogengladhart Thu 10-Jan-13 12:30:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GregBishopsBottomBitch Thu 10-Jan-13 12:51:36

I think you've been really brave Tzella, its a shit situation, its never easy having an abortion, but sometimes its a must, it might have been different if this man was gone for good but, i wouldnt want to bring a child into the world with a man like that. Good luck love x

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Thu 10-Jan-13 13:15:35

Good luck Tzella thanks for coming back to update.

Lueji Thu 10-Jan-13 14:00:06

Hugs and I hope all goes well.

ChippingInNeedsSleepAndCoffee Thu 10-Jan-13 14:09:33

Tzella - I read your post with relief. In all my years on MN, this is the first time I have felt that way when someone has said they have booked the appointment. You need to be completely free of this 'man' to have any kind of life in the future.

bumhead Thu 10-Jan-13 14:12:53

Tzella whatever decision you make (and you may still change your mind) will be the right one for you.
No-one else has the right to judge you.
If you want to have this baby then do. You will find a way round your toxic ex even if it starts with having the fucker deported. In fact I'd probably do this anyway, it will save you or some other poor woman in the UK being beaten black and blue!
Take your time and remember this is your body and your baby
Have some very unMN hugs and kisses!
xxx

TwoFacedCows Thu 10-Jan-13 15:55:01

GOOD LUCK.

I hope it all goes well for you. How dare people be so nasty to you! it is your decision, only you can know what is best for you.

It wont be easy, but you will be fine.

x

garlicbollocks Thu 10-Jan-13 16:04:50

Good luck, Tzella smile Hope this year turns out more pleasant and less complicated!

colditz Thu 10-Jan-13 16:27:54

Good luck, tzella. I hope it all goes smoothly and that you are making a decision that is right for you.

jchocchip Thu 10-Jan-13 23:39:18

good luck tzella

Good luck tzella - I hope that overall the thread has been helpful and am sorry that some posts have been less than helpful to you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now