Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

The all new, sparkly,2013 Dating Thread - 35!

(1000 Posts)
watchoutforthatsnail Sun 06-Jan-13 21:01:07

off you go.

ike1 Sun 06-Jan-13 23:33:49

Can you imagine for one minute a woman going into great description about their fanjo or boobs on line???

ike1 Sun 06-Jan-13 23:35:38

Juliette I just read the clothes description that is quirky but not in a good way!!

VelvetSpoon Sun 06-Jan-13 23:37:15

Watch I just feel a bit shit and hopeless. I'll get over it eventually, it's just one more rejection, I really should be used to them by now, it's not like I ever get anything else.

I hope tomorrow I'll feel better.

lubey thats good! fingers crossed for you smile

Ike it wasn't quirky. Quirky would have been any single on of those items, this was the full set.

ike1 Sun 06-Jan-13 23:43:02

Oh dear ....bless im

I give up

Scattylatte Sun 06-Jan-13 23:54:29

Wow. Quite an ensemble juliette. The pouncing isn't right. Fireman sort of put his arm over my shoulder when we met. I didn't fancy him at the time and it felt odd. Now I do fancy him but I'm almost totally influenced by his job. I know I am and it's pathetic. I'm meant to be meeting him tues so will see. He doesn't seem that available either.

Engineer I had 2 dates with wants to go for a curry. I don't fancy him. I have to drag the conversation out of him and I feel exhausted by being witty in his company.

Got asked out on Okc by man who is witty, no innuendo or hey babes. I said ok for the week after next.

That's me.

Velvet SpaceTwunt would have done this to anyone he met. This is who he is. It will pass sweetie.

VelvetSpoon Mon 07-Jan-13 00:31:30

Juliette I wish that was true, but I dont believe it is. I just feel if I was something different, something more, that he would've been interested enough not to bin me off in favour of someone else, But I'm not, I never am. There's always someone better than me, however high or low I set my sights, I'm never enough for any of them sad

lubeybooby Mon 07-Jan-13 06:38:21

Velvet that's not true! How could you possibly be more, without getting into celeb riches territory? Trust us it's him my love

Ike, nope hadn't met him before. Mr Clever was from my PoF 'smash and grab' the other day, inspired by internet dating traffic apparently being at it's highest.

Mr iPhone is someone else entirely and wasn't met online grin

Ok -- date rundown coming up...

Velvet absolutely not, as Lubey says, how?

MsArsebiscuit Mon 07-Jan-13 06:54:39

Morning, I hope you feel better today, Velvet, who is he to make you doubt yourself like that ? Who are any of them ? - nobody. No intelligence, no taste, no class - not worth a moment of your time.

I have a very vivid mental picture of your date, Juliette, that's an eclectic ensemble.

I'm looking forward to reading your date report, Lubey, did he like the dress ?

Ike, yes. Yes, I do describe my fanjo in detail on line, in fact I do it on my profile, it also has a name and a detailed list of it's own likes, dislikes and favourite holiday destinations. Have I been getting it wrong ?

I'm very much not looking forward to work today.

MsArsebiscuit Mon 07-Jan-13 06:57:06

And please excuse the 'it's' above. Bastarding autocorrect.

lubeybooby Mon 07-Jan-13 06:57:18

Mr Clever!

Flippin eck. Completely gorgeous. Very tall. Great dress sense. Clever (obviously) Funny and nice and sweet. We met, invited him in, had a drink and a chat, then went off for a lovely meal.

Back to mine, got my log fire going, wine flowed, conversation, etc. He played it very cool and gentlemanly until such a point that I'd plied him with enough alcohol that he felt brave enough to go in for a kiss. I hadn't realised he was nervous until that point when I noticed he was shaking a bit, bless.

It was really late by then so I quickly dragged him off to the bedroom, well, tried to... he went to get his overnight bag first. He hadn't been presumptuous at all despite my hint dropping pre date.

So yeah then all went kind of as it does when two adults are alone in a bedroom. I've had about three minutes sleep grin blush

I am all swoony and dreamy at being in the shower about 30 mins ago with 6ft 4 of lurvely toyboy. He has a lush bod too... blush

One thing about him though which hasn't been mentioned at all though it's quite noticeable is that he has some kind of disability, he walks with a limp/slight shuffle. I have no idea of the details of that but it didn't bother me at all. Just surprised he didn't volunteer any info about it. It doesn't seem to affect his life too much, he drives fine and all that and he has a great job to go with that big brain. Guess he didn't want to mention it in case it put me off.

Anyway! A really good night. Never thought I'd say it, but COR! Thank you PoF grin wink

MsArsebiscuit Mon 07-Jan-13 07:02:09

How absolutely fabulous, Lubey, that sounds perfect !

Lubey pleased for you, so good to hear it went well and mission accomplished. He sounds lovely, revel in that afterglow grin

lubeybooby Mon 07-Jan-13 07:03:53

grin

VelvetSpoon Mon 07-Jan-13 07:08:09

Lubey really glad all went well smile

I still feel much the same unfortunately. I'm just not enough to hold a man's interest, I don't know why, but I'm not.

lubeybooby Mon 07-Jan-13 07:28:24

It can't be you though velvet, it really can't.

And again this is you rejecting spacetwunt for being a twunt - he hasn't rejected you. He's been a flaky lying knobber who thought he could have his cake and eat it as so many of them seem to.

Like your friends were saying... he seemed to gain some confidence from dating you then got too big for his boots. Twat.

How is any of that your fault? it's not at all.

Nomorepain Mon 07-Jan-13 07:36:13

velvet I don't think he has rejected you he just had what he considered a better offer. He is still sniffing round wanting another date isint he!? You have got to set him up for his fall.

Please don't consider actually meeting him. Good looking or not, he just isn't worth the pain he causes!

This isn't about you, it's him!!!!!!!!! Go knock em dead today at work!!

I have for first day nerves! Sicky feeling in my tummy!!

yoga hope today goes well for you!

Woopsiedaisy Mon 07-Jan-13 07:37:26

Yoga and nomore good luck for today.

Velvet really feeling for you right now.

Marking my place because I feel uncomfortable lurking, but really struggling to face another OD forray. Would love to know the true statistics as to how many people really find a LTR that way.

lubeybooby Mon 07-Jan-13 07:40:35

Nomorepain I don't think he even thought it was a better offer, he just wanted to have as many women on the go as possible.

VelvetSpoon Mon 07-Jan-13 07:43:13

But if I was 'more' somehow, he wouldn't have had a better offer, would he? I'd be it. But I'm not, I never am. Like I said, every man I meet, there's always someone better, always someone they like more.

I don't even think I'll get the chance to cancel on him at the last minute, so much for that plan.

KirstyWirsty Mon 07-Jan-13 08:07:14

nomore hope your first day back goes well

yoga good luck for tomorrow

Lubey go lubey!!! grin

Woopsiedaisy Mon 07-Jan-13 08:07:48

Delighted for you Lubey envy

This thread is not accepting new messages.