Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

The all new, sparkly,2013 Dating Thread - 35!

(1000 Posts)
watchoutforthatsnail Sun 06-Jan-13 21:01:07

off you go.

ike1 Sun 06-Jan-13 22:38:17

Right ...now I am off to put out the friggin bins thats another bloody job I have to do now ..pfffft

Bant Sun 06-Jan-13 22:40:22

Hello thread 35.

well after spending this afternoon pissed off with ShoeGirl or with fate, depending on which of them chose to cancel the date this afternoon, which I'd been looking forward to for a fortnight, I went home, had pizza and another beer (New Year health kicks fade so quickly..) then I fell asleep in front of the tv.

Woke up an hour ago, looked online and I seem to have talked myself into a date on Thursday with mildly insulting girl from a month or so ago. She'd said she couldn't believe she was reduced to talking to people online and I noticed after one brief exchange of emails that she kept on going back online, so thought 'what the hell' and said even though I was online, I'm actually pretty great in real life. So we're on for coffee on Thursday. Which may be interesting.

I'll call her Miss Feisty.

watchoutforthatsnail Sun 06-Jan-13 22:53:10

Velvet, im in pretty much the exact same position you are. Bar this summers short lived thing.

It will happen. I sometimes fail to see how it will for me either and i struggle to remember what it was like to be in relationship. I just cant fathom how it works anymore.
Tbh i cant believe i was married either, seems incomprensivable.
But we will. At some point.
I just doubt either of us are going to find them online.

Bant, if you arent careful you are going to suffer from daters burnout soon smile

ike1 Sun 06-Jan-13 23:04:40

I can be incredibly rude on line Bant...more because I have a very dry sense of humour...I fear that for the recipient it can be a bit unrelenting...give es rudies a chance!

ike1 Sun 06-Jan-13 23:04:56

us

ike1 Sun 06-Jan-13 23:06:25

I nodded off in the cinema... I worry that it is age ...what the hell would I do with a 29 year old bloke who has bollocks the size of watermelons???

watchoutforthatsnail Sun 06-Jan-13 23:10:10

Be like baby, and carry them?

Movingforward123 Sun 06-Jan-13 23:13:12

ike tell me more, I'm interested!! smile

Firstly how do you know he has girth? Have you slept with him? If so what's wrong with him that your keen to pass him on?? Lol

ike1 Sun 06-Jan-13 23:14:07

he can carry his own bloody bollocks...im not his mum lol

Ike no it's not because he's short, I thought it might be but The Major is possibly shorter and I could definitely fancy him. Nothing to do with height, it's build or something. Plus, I saw this man at that station where we were to meet and thought wtf is he wearing and it was him [shame]. Shallow, but there are limits.

I'm put off by that pouncing thing, he was hands on in a shark attack way again, not pervy or gropey just not 'right'. Nothing, then suddenly gabbing me around the waist, under my open coat for a cuddle. I just froze and went stiff and that is just not me. There were other moves right from the start, which I'd dodged

We went for a meal later and I brought it up over a bottle of wine, he said he got it, would wait for me to make a move and said he was generally unsure when it was ok or not. Sigh

VelvetSpoon Sun 06-Jan-13 23:15:43

Watch I think you're right. That you will meet someone, I mean. I'm a lot less optimistic about my own chances.

ike1 Sun 06-Jan-13 23:16:58

Well apparently Moving its quite long but..and here's the good bit...it is wide across the girth. He said he has goo technique and is very confident in that area. He also warned me that if I was petite it might 'hurt'....go figure..no never met the guy...but I feel I know his todger well.

Movingforward123 Sun 06-Jan-13 23:17:36

velvet I know exactly how you feel (although I need the sex too) I would love someone to cuddle me, but inorder to feel cuddled it has to be by someone who cares for you and who you care about or else the cuddles are empty sad

I an talking from experience with mrw! sad

ike1 Sun 06-Jan-13 23:18:06

good not goo technique but it might be goo for all I know!!!

VelvetSpoon Sun 06-Jan-13 23:20:40

Moving it's been over 4 years since I had anyone to cuddle me. Ever.

I couldn't care less whether they cared about me or not any more, I'm just utterly fed up and horribly lonely. And the thought that isn't going to change, and I'll just feel like this every day for the foreseeable future is shit, it really is.

ike1 Sun 06-Jan-13 23:21:14

Juliette trust your instinct lovely....have to say I can be a bit fashion snobby...could be that he was just 'awkward' due to nerves.

grinchie Sun 06-Jan-13 23:24:39

Hello new thread smile
If scoobydooagain is still around did you send that text? (From the last thread) If so, what was the response?

Juliette who else have you got lined up?

Velvet how are you?

Is Bill about? If so how are your DCs today?

Bant Miss Feisty? I know it's not me because I'm not dating but the description could be smile

watchoutforthatsnail Sun 06-Jan-13 23:24:53

Ive been single same lenght of time as you velvet.... im no more nor no less likely to meet anyone than you are .....

Juliette . Blee. Sounds awful. If you dont fancy him, then you dont. Cant force these things....

Ike. Men. Obsessed with their cocks. And passing on details. Horrible.

ike1 Sun 06-Jan-13 23:26:43

Watch...I know but I find it perversly absolutely hilarious and in fairness it wasnt as dire as it sounds.

watchoutforthatsnail Sun 06-Jan-13 23:28:31

Velvet. Dont think it wont change. At somepoint it will.

I used to hate hugs. I like them now. New job is very huggy and tactile. I like it.

He is very confident in a good way, genuinely likes women and has lots of female friends, not at all nervous. It's bizzare, I feel no threat from him at all but the pouncing is so odd.

As for the clothes thing, leather biker jacket with a kind of gathered peplum, red handkerchief scarf around the neck over a tshirt, topped off with a trilby.

lubeybooby Sun 06-Jan-13 23:29:43

Haven't read thread, he's in the loo - OMFG he's GORGEOUS but seems to be playing it very cool. Fuuuuuck

I shall update when possible!!

watchoutforthatsnail Sun 06-Jan-13 23:29:57

It is ike. I find it funny too. As the biggest contributer to options of limited quality....

But sometimes i do wonder wtf they are thinking.

ike1 Sun 06-Jan-13 23:31:10

They are thinking about the thing that matters most to them in the whole wide world...their cocks!!

ike1 Sun 06-Jan-13 23:32:38

Ok lubes...have you not met before then? thinking I might be getting confused with Mr Iphone...

This thread is not accepting new messages.