Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

When did you take your wedding ring off??

(29 Posts)
LouMacca Thu 03-Jan-13 11:52:31

When you agreed to separate or when you actually got divorced?

Thanks.

akaemmafrost Fri 04-Jan-13 03:29:46

While we were still married and living together. He'd been repeatedly unfaithful and they just didn't mean anything anymore.

He took them and pawned them. The wedding and engagement ring I don't care about but the eternity ring he gave me after ds was born meant a lot to me because of ds and I am still sad when I think about it and wish so much I still had it.

fooledagaincantbelieveit Fri 04-Jan-13 10:30:55

As soon as I started fancying someone else!!

crazygracieuk Fri 04-Jan-13 16:57:14

I suddenly had a flashback to movie Meet The Parents where a ring is "a circle of trust." The trust had been broken so the ring was taken off.

newyearletsgoforit Fri 04-Jan-13 17:47:29

When I found out the OW was pregnant!

I've still got the wedding ring in my jewellery box, I gave the engagement ring an ex girlfriend of my sons, not bothd about getting it back lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now