Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Just forget about it ....... and move on

(8 Posts)
stoopidCUPID Mon 31-Dec-12 22:02:15

..... My husbands words after I said that I'd like to start the new year on a positive note after his affair this year

Apparently he doesn't know what else to say!!!!

Am gob smacked.

tiredofwaitingforitalltochange Mon 31-Dec-12 22:10:05

He's the one who should be moving on... to a different home with a suitcase.

Read this, it might cheer you up.

www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/woman/4286223/From-wrecking-his-car-to-hacking-off-his-bits-how-to-exact-revenge-on-a-lover.html

dequoisagitil Mon 31-Dec-12 22:13:17

What work have you done together to deal with his infidelity?

What does he do to prove he can be worthy of your trust?

stoopidCUPID Mon 31-Dec-12 22:52:09

Tbh he hasn't really done much to appease me. I feel sad. We gave a DVD aged 9. I really want to bail out and go alone but I fear for dc - dh is a feel a time bomb as he has really no fuse relating to our doc - too short tempered. I feel we are better together so that I can protect. I know thats wrong but at the moment that's how I feel I hope you all understand

dequoisagitil Mon 31-Dec-12 23:04:40

Sweetheart, really, do you think dh will have more influence as a 24/7 dad or if he were doing alternate weekends and a night? C'mon? Being apart shows what is acceptable and what isn't.

I know that may not end up the situation, but you can't actually protect your dc from his anger by staying married to the a-hole.

MadAboutHotChoc Tue 01-Jan-13 19:52:20
SolidGoldFrankensteinandmurgh Tue 01-Jan-13 19:54:59

Why not let the other woman have him, if he's a bad tempered abusive arsehole? You might be a lot happier without him - and if he is aggressive and a bad parent you can insist on only supervised contact between him and DC.

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 01-Jan-13 20:04:18

He's clearly not sorry for the affair so now you have an aggressive man on your hands who thinks he's entitled to shag who he likes because it's up to you to 'forget about it and move on'. You're in a very weak position.

Rather than feeling trapped by assumptions about access arrangements, why not see a solicitor and get some professional advice?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now