Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Home alone for nye - anyone else?

(96 Posts)
theendishere Mon 31-Dec-12 17:53:45

That's just it - thought I'd be fine with it but feeling quite sad. Not feeling that well either which doesn't help..

Ex is away with ds and friends either away or doing "family" things. My first Nye on my own. Think I'll treat it as any other day. Anyone else in the same position?

drummerswife Mon 31-Dec-12 18:31:11

dh is working away so once dd is in bed just me,a glass or two of baileys,chocolates and the tv.
won't be staying up though as did a nightshift last night and haven't been to bed today and i'm starting to feel weary now.
happy new year x

BelleDameSousMistletoe Mon 31-Dec-12 18:32:59

I'm here with DD (5) but she'll be asleep by 8pm <optimistic> and I'll then pretend it doesn't matter that I'm all on my own, watching tv. Then, I'll have a bit of a cry and then pull myself together and laugh at myself.

BillMasen Mon 31-Dec-12 18:39:13

I'm in. All on my own as my plans for tonight fell through. Kids with their mum. First NYE since we separated a few months back so could have done with being somewhere with someone. Oh well..

homeaway Mon 31-Dec-12 18:41:45

Just me and nibbles at the moment, kids all out and dh has met up with a couple of friends and will be back soon. I am enjoying the peace and quiet and want to wake up at normal time tomorrow. I could have had a house full of people which would have been nice but having spent hours tidying the house last week I could not face tomorrow washing glasses and tidying again smile Happy New Year everybody!

I'm home alone - but not too bothered really. I don't like NY particularly. I'm avoiding doing jobs and housework, watching tv and doing some craft stuff. Aiming to get an earlyish night because I'm really tired! I hope none of my neighbours are too drunk nad noisy at 1.00am!

SarahBumBarer Mon 31-Dec-12 18:46:51

Well I've got Ds and DD (both under 2) so in about an hour when they're off to bed I'll be all alone and I LOVE it. Best thing about getting divorced was discovering the relaxed joy of not going out on NYE. I'm glad now that DH2 works NYE so that I can continue them alone smile. I've got a bottle of sparkling chambourcin, some prawns and some stinky cheese - none of which DH would appreciate if he were here. Bliss!

Bazinga12 Mon 31-Dec-12 18:51:10

Happy New Year everybody wine

Piemother Mon 31-Dec-12 18:58:19

Home alone with 2 small dcs. First nye since divorce. Not really bothered. Didn't have a sitter and dc2 too young to leave.
Not bothered really its just another night but dc2 had a friend over and made a mess and my head is banging and there's nowt on telly hmm

izzyizin Mon 31-Dec-12 19:11:42

Get thee down your local c11.00pm, Bill grin I love pubs on Christmas and New Year Eves.

theendishere Mon 31-Dec-12 19:17:56

Hello Izzy smile I remember you from some of my (awful) threads when I was thinking about splitting up with vstbx h. We're nearly there now - should have decree absolute soon smile Thanks for all your honesty. think you may have posted on my thread about that "awful part time boyfriend" too = he's well and truly in the past too smile

BikeRunSki Mon 31-Dec-12 19:23:57

Kind of.
Home with 1 yo DD, just gone to sleep, while DH and DS (4) have gone to a party. There will be lots of kids there.

tinselballballsandlights Mon 31-Dec-12 19:24:47

I'm home alone dcs in bed and have been feeling quite tearful all day so i think i might have a bath and go to bed try and get some sleep.

happy new year to you all xx

DeckSwabber Mon 31-Dec-12 19:29:53

I'm home alone. Son 1 has gone out. Others are with their Dad.

To be honest feeling a bit low but all the more reason not to go off in search of a drink. A hangover free morning and a good walk will do me a lot more good than a night in the pub.

issey6cats Mon 31-Dec-12 19:33:05

im on my own by choice had a message earlier from a guy i dated from smooch.com did i want some company tonight, lets say the last date wasnt a raging success so i lied and said nope going out lol, given the choice between company i dont want and being on me own i chose to be me

sapphirestar Mon 31-Dec-12 19:37:10

I'm putting dd to bed then shall be sat here alone too. Wouldn't normally bother me but had no invites out and a crappy couple of months with no sign of things getting better. Chocolate for me tonight!

DeckSwabber Mon 31-Dec-12 19:47:39

I'm going to get a bit of a strategy together though.

I know I can change my life because 19 years ago today I gave up smoking. Not a puff since. I reckon that's about 7000 cigarettes I haven't smoked.

On the list is to get running/cycling again, get dating (!), and start a new volunteer role. Also want to get a couple of jobs done in the house. Perhaps this time next year I'll be stepping out of my new bath, preparing to eat the wonderful meal my new lover has cooked for me.

Mazzledazzle Mon 31-Dec-12 19:53:00

My DH is working away from home and my 2 DC are tucked up in bed. Do I wish I was doing something more exciting? Of course sad but I refuse to wallow and so I'm going to sit in front of the fire and watch some telly.

Oh, and after reading about everyone else's solitary drinking intentions, I to am going to open the bubbly in the fridge!

Happy New Year Mumsnetters! X

tiredofwaitingforitalltochange Mon 31-Dec-12 20:11:37

Here at home with my two dds, first NYE post- (recent) separation.

Would rather be at home than out any day. Hate NYE with all that drunkenness forced jollity.

Ex-dh has gone to a party at some friends who have been really horrible since we separated and treated me like the antichrist.

They invited my kids too but I thought no, you're not fucking having my kids at your house on NYE!! Dh is cross but I don't care, I don't want them being driven two hours there and back with drunk drivers on the road either.

2012's been shit so bring on 2013!

Happy New Year everyone smile

ImperialBlether Mon 31-Dec-12 20:15:26

Another one here! I've been a taxi driver to my kids and will have to take my daughter from one party to another in an hour or so, then I'm settling down on the sofa to watch When Harry Met Sally with a glass or thereabouts of wine and some Boursin and crackers.

First NYE in on my own but you know what? I don't care!

nananaps Mon 31-Dec-12 20:18:55

me too....As they are all out i was just thinking of sweeping and mopping the kitchen floors then thought "you sad old bag!!"
grin

DeckSwabber Mon 31-Dec-12 20:20:00

Lovely to start the new year with clean floors!

Pan Mon 31-Dec-12 20:20:05

Not when H. met S. shorely! <sets recorder>grin

Pan Mon 31-Dec-12 20:21:35

No, clean house for new year is v spiritually satisfying. Is my belief.

backjustforaminute Mon 31-Dec-12 20:23:14

not on my own but might as well be... the DDs are in bed, scary STBEXH watching TV. I am hiding out in bedroom with books, films on laptop, icecream and chocolate and will not be going anywhere!

A bit sad but hopefully next new year will be more fun. Plus it's a rainy, windy night here and I couldn't be doing with going outside wink

ThePinkOcelot Mon 31-Dec-12 20:23:36

Me! Well, sitting here with 2 dds and DH in bed poorly. Might treat myself to a couple of glasses of wine. Don't think I'll be up at 12!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now