Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

this post is just for me - doesn't matter if you answer or not!

(115 Posts)
stuffitunderthebed Mon 31-Dec-12 01:04:36

Relationships board - it is just before New Year and - have reached an ephipiony! I am ditching DP. On New Year's Day. Symbolic? Yes, cruel? Maybe. He cheated on me on his stag less than two weeks before wedding. We are 5 months on - he has turned himself inside and out to make things right. It isn't right, it never will be. Faithless twat. Happy New Year everybody!

Alibabaandthe40nappies Mon 31-Dec-12 02:05:33

Stuffit - I was thinking about you the other day and wondering what happened. So glad to hear you are standing up for yourself.

Happy New Life smile

Darkesteyes Mon 31-Dec-12 02:06:06

I also wish you the strength to see this through stuffit. x

stuffitunderthebed Mon 31-Dec-12 02:11:49

There are some lovely people on MN - don't like to name check as always run the risk of missing people out! But Izzy and allbababa thank you - you were on my previous thread. izzyin I actually cited you on a thread in chat about 'favourite MN-er' lol

stuffitunderthebed Mon 31-Dec-12 02:12:57

Sorry all. Diversion tactic as don't want to face reality.

ZenNudist Mon 31-Dec-12 02:14:52

Good luck with that, sounds like if he's 'd'p then you never married? Stagdo cheating- what a terrible thing to do to your bride to be. sad

Offred Mon 31-Dec-12 02:17:30

Oh stuffit! I know I think this is the right thing and that you should have done it ages ago but it will be hard and you are brave! Good luck!

GlaikitFizzHogmany Mon 31-Dec-12 02:22:43

Ooh! StuffIt, I've followed from afar, and I'm so happy for you. I could feel the heartbreak in your first thread and slowly have seen your spirits lift.

New year new you, new start. You deserve better than him, however hot he is grin

Go girlfriend <clicks fingers>

<gets coat>

stuffitunderthebed Mon 31-Dec-12 02:43:01

glaikfizz you made me chuckle! 'However hot he is - clicks fingers- ' proper made me laugh. Ghirls I will need all help I can get. Prospect of life without him is hard, but I have to do this.

izzyizin Mon 31-Dec-12 03:13:39

Jeez stuff, you sure know how to run a rollercoaster ride keep us glued to our seats your post.

I can't bear to look until I know the deed is done and he's got your foot up his arse out of your home with all his wordly possessions tied up in a red spotted handkerchief.

<puts hands over eyes>

<peers between fingers>

<waits for moment to shout 'he's behind you'>

Sausagedog27 Mon 31-Dec-12 08:43:17

Wow op! I remember your thread. Good for you for making that decision- on your own terms as well. If you are ever having a wobble, read back some of your old threads, I think it might help.

I wish you all the best for 2013.

DragonMamma Mon 31-Dec-12 08:55:00

Wow, I remember your OP and you've come a long way since, there's clearly been a massive change in your thinking.

This was the guy who went back to his home town and text some old flame and got a cab to her house? He never deserved you, Op, there was no 'oopsy, I'm drunk, what have I done?' Moment, he had plenty of time to decide to NOT sleep with her so I definitely think you're doing the right thing, however remorseful he appears to be now.

I still think it was so bloody brave of you to call the wedding off, I'm not sure I would have had the guts too but this will make splitting so much easier now.

2013 will be your best year yet once you cut the dead weight!

NorksAreTinselly Mon 31-Dec-12 09:00:54

stuffit I was thinking about you the other day as well smile
I am so pleased you have found the strength to do this
2013 will be better, I absolutely promise

Oh thank The Lord Stuffit, you were always too good for that skanky man. 2013 is going to be so much better grin

Ruprekt Mon 31-Dec-12 09:50:33

Oh goodness! Thanks for updating.

Do it today though and start 2013 afresh.

Sings <<she's gonna wash that man right out of her hair...........>>

s0fedup Mon 31-Dec-12 09:55:18

i was a far-away-follower too. so pleased u have made a desicion and u feel good about it. roll on 2013 xx

Doha Mon 31-Dec-12 09:59:57

You must do it today Stuff,

Bring in the Bells footloose and fancy free--new year new start, Ditch the old in 2012
Bring in 2013 single then you can remember 2012 as the year you got rid of him and 2013 as the year you started to live again

Go girl <<waves pompoms>>

dequoisagitil Mon 31-Dec-12 10:13:46

Well done & good luck. Wishing you a happier new year without him.

HisstletoeAndWhine Mon 31-Dec-12 10:14:28

Another one cheering you on! Well done love!

Charlie97 Mon 31-Dec-12 12:18:01

I have just gone back and read the original thread! For what my opinion is worth, I think you 110% the right thing! Had you just cancelled you would of always questioned if you could have made it work blah blah!

You gave yourself precious time to decide what you wanted and be confident and never question or had what ifs!

I wish you a wonderful 2013 and hope it brings you joy and happiness!

Good luck!

xxxxxx

Charlie97 Mon 31-Dec-12 12:19:31

And although I am new, I will be there for you next year!

It will be hard, but you have strength now!

xx

izzyizin Tue 01-Jan-13 00:42:18

Is it safe to look? Has the deed been accomplished?

Sunnywithshowers Tue 01-Jan-13 00:51:33

Well done stuffit - I wish you a happy year without him!

TalkativeJim Tue 01-Jan-13 01:14:31

Ahahaha!!

I've namechanged since then, StuffIt, but I was on your previous thread (not a major poster though!!)

I am BLOODY DELIGHTED to hear this news!

grin grin grin

Do it ASAP if you haven't already, and HAPPY NEW YEAR! I have steeling its going to be a good one for you...

TalkativeJim Tue 01-Jan-13 01:16:19

A feeling. Not steeling (no steeling yourself needed here, do it with a skip in your step!!)

Offred Tue 01-Jan-13 14:39:17

Checking in!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now