Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

He's about to propose to me - How do I act surprised??

(236 Posts)
CapellaMa Sat 29-Dec-12 17:32:30

Ok a few months ago I made a cosmic order for my boyfriend to propose to me before the end of the year. It hasn't happened yet and I'm not seeing him tonight so obviously it will happen either tomorrow night or NYE as he's staying with me both these nights.

I don't want him to know his proposal was cosmically ordered so I'll have to act all surprised when he does it, even though I know what's about to happen!

Any tips on acting surprised when you're really not? I'm so excited grin

CuriosityKilledTheCrapTree Tue 01-Jan-13 08:08:16

ME too!!!

Although I did get proposed to last night, so I would like to share the love

<smug>

tribpot Tue 01-Jan-13 08:12:33

Congratulations, Curiosity! You don't think the cosmic order got delivered to the wrong house, do you? You'll need to wait in for a courier to collect it.

CuriosityKilledTheCrapTree Tue 01-Jan-13 08:15:56

Oh maybe. Shit. I will have to make some cosmic calls....

FellatioNelson Tue 01-Jan-13 08:17:46

Well? We are waiting! I have this book. If you got a proposal I may did it out again......

ohfunnyFRANKENface Tue 01-Jan-13 08:59:28

Still no update??

Do I have to cosmically order that too??

mrkidd85 Tue 01-Jan-13 10:41:52

What did you expect from this OP? Not only is OP deluded by thinking she can cosmically order a proposal, she's also a disgusting human being.

By cosmic ordering a proposal, and you obviously believe you'll get one because of it, you're trying to force someone into asking you to marry them. Are you such a bad person that he wont want to propose to you in a natural way that you need to hypnotise him into it?

Have you also cosmic ordered him never to go out with his mates or do whatever you want?

Casmama Tue 01-Jan-13 10:48:43

Mrkidd I think you are taking this a bit seriously, unless she's your girlfriend of course grin

CabbageLeaves Tue 01-Jan-13 11:02:37

Salt and vinegar with that mrkidd?

amillionyears Tue 01-Jan-13 11:03:11

Having had a look at your other thread, did you want him to propose?
And has he?

droves Tue 01-Jan-13 11:21:23

So how does this cosmic ordering malarkey work ?

How do you actually order cosmic ?

....and more importantly will it gift me swanky new Gucci heels ,or a Prada handbag ?

Hell I'm not greedy , I'd settle for a primarni handbag ! wink

SolidGoldFrankensteinandmurgh Tue 01-Jan-13 11:23:26

I hope SP cosmically ordered a sickbucket for herself.

GOOOOOOOOD MORNINNNNG SP!

Still no update I see.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Tue 01-Jan-13 11:26:43

I don't suppose SP is feeling all that bad? Takes some concentration to spell that badly and still be comprehensible wink

TidyDancer Tue 01-Jan-13 11:32:27

Omg, I've just read through this thread openmouthed.

Crackers. Utterly crackers.

bumbez Tue 01-Jan-13 11:33:23

Update please smile

I'm feeling fresh as a daisy. No doubt tonight i will feel like shit. Might have to cosmic order it not too

HazeltheMcWitch Tue 01-Jan-13 11:54:19

MeerkatMerkin - OMG, you know him too! Possibly you saw the documentary that was on TV a while back, about his workplace?

OverlyYappyAlways Tue 01-Jan-13 11:59:51

You don't want to mess with cosmic ordering, I wanted flooring and a man on a white horse, 2 months later the flooring is in boxes in the hall and some man is texting me...and messing my head up chocolate cake.... tis the knight on the white horse, if anyone listened to my ordering properly, no idea where the cake comes from must have a been a subliminal order or something....no idea if that is even the correct word!

Anyone engaged yet?

Anniegetyourgun Tue 01-Jan-13 12:23:46

So this cosmic ordering thing: is it generally deemed to be more effective than prayer?

Lueji Tue 01-Jan-13 12:30:44

Well, I did order a sofa and it's now in my living room. wink

DrRanj Tue 01-Jan-13 12:33:49

Marking place! Genuinely interested to see if it works!

Anniegetyourgun Tue 01-Jan-13 12:36:25

Not conclusive, Lueji. It just proves it's more effective than Yodel, which let's face it wouldn't be hard.

Lueji Tue 01-Jan-13 12:38:31

I had to pay for it, which might have helped. grin

GoodKingWenSOLOslas Tue 01-Jan-13 14:10:52

Did you say yes Curiosity? smile

AppleOgies Tue 01-Jan-13 15:27:48

Still nothing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now