Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

He's about to propose to me - How do I act surprised??

(236 Posts)
CapellaMa Sat 29-Dec-12 17:32:30

Ok a few months ago I made a cosmic order for my boyfriend to propose to me before the end of the year. It hasn't happened yet and I'm not seeing him tonight so obviously it will happen either tomorrow night or NYE as he's staying with me both these nights.

I don't want him to know his proposal was cosmically ordered so I'll have to act all surprised when he does it, even though I know what's about to happen!

Any tips on acting surprised when you're really not? I'm so excited grin

Ok cosmically ordered 4 specific things on that site.

:drums fingers:

Can i cosmically order Tom Hardy, naked??

I have ordered Tom Hardy, naked. I've given a reasonable amount of waiting time. So we shall see if the universe is on my side

Oh I know someone who has seen Tom Hardy naked. God I hope that isn't the cosmos answering you. grin

OhEmGee25 Sun 30-Dec-12 06:57:55

Right op, I too would like a rock on my finger. I've placed my order, let's see confused

Fairylea Sun 30-Dec-12 07:03:12

Hahahahaha. smile

Cosmic ordering.... what a load of twoddle.

MrsHoarder Sun 30-Dec-12 07:11:16

SP did you order that you would see him naked in the flesh? Because I would imagine he's naked a few times a day as it is...

ChristmasKnackers Sun 30-Dec-12 07:12:58

How can i be 37 and never heard of this before?! Hooray, all my problems are sorted.

janey1234 Sun 30-Dec-12 07:26:38

Oooh let me know if it works... Have a whole list I should put on order...

GiveMeSomeSpace Sun 30-Dec-12 07:47:11

Absolutely frickin barmy.

And this is the place I come to learn how to be a better father and husband............ hmmmm

Astelia Sun 30-Dec-12 07:47:47

Well this has been an eye-opener. I've also had a Google and am writing my list as I type....

Astelia Sun 30-Dec-12 07:51:57

Yup absolutely barmy Give. It joins astrology, tarot cards, palm reading and indigo children in my list of dotty things some people seem to take seriously.

GiveMeSomeSpace Sun 30-Dec-12 07:54:57

OP I saw your other thread - did you cosmically order him to move in with you?

My wife told me to "put the fuckin bins out" yesterday. For my own edification - was that a cosmic order?

GiveMe- Depends; did she sing When You Wish Upon A Star after she told you?

BellaVita Sun 30-Dec-12 08:35:07

What a load of old bollocks.

Pantofino Sun 30-Dec-12 19:34:44

Quite Bella

Thank you. thanks Thank you for making me feel less mental.

It may not sound like much, but seriously, its a very big thing.

Alconleigh Sun 30-Dec-12 20:13:56

I didn't cosmic order, but I did sing "well if you like it then you shoulda put a ring on it"', beyonce style, for about 2 weeks. I did this because Dani and Vincent danced to it it SCD and it got stuck on my Internal Jukebox. Himself thought it was my final ditch attempt at subtle hunting and we're now engaged. lord alone knows what Noel Edmonds would make of it, mind.

forgetmenots Sun 30-Dec-12 20:28:45

Ordering Michael Fassbender with a rose between his naked, clenched arse cheeks, a happy pregnancy and painless labour, a new house and a round the world trip, to be cashed in at any time, fingers crossed... grin

Sorry OP. I hope if its what you want he does propose. I would be terrified of huge disappointment though. Please come back and tell us if he pops the question!

FobblyWoof Sun 30-Dec-12 20:40:49

I think you should propose OP, before BF has a chance. Good luck

funnyperson Sun 30-Dec-12 20:50:29

OP of course he is going to propose and you should be prepared and make sure the sheets are clean, the ambience is right, champagne and mistletoe ready etc. Also have a back up not-angry plan for if he doesn't propose. Also if you really want to marry him and he doesn't propose then you could propose.

Also check that if he proposes that you actually want to accept.

BartletForTeamGB Sun 30-Dec-12 21:02:18

I'm curious as to why you 'ordered' him to propose when you've only been going out with him for 5 months now and seem a bit perturbed in your other thread by him seemingly moving in by stealth.

I think you need to have a good talk together about what you both actually want out of this relationship and where you see it going.

Fairylea Sun 30-Dec-12 21:05:26

I'm not sure I'd want someone to ask me to marry them because I'd ordered them to. Hardly romantic !

Fairylea Sun 30-Dec-12 21:05:40

I'm not sure I'd want someone to ask me to marry them because I'd ordered them to. Hardly romantic !

Fairylea Sun 30-Dec-12 21:06:05

Oops. Twice posted. Comically ordered by iPhone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now