Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

He's about to propose to me - How do I act surprised??

(236 Posts)
CapellaMa Sat 29-Dec-12 17:32:30

Ok a few months ago I made a cosmic order for my boyfriend to propose to me before the end of the year. It hasn't happened yet and I'm not seeing him tonight so obviously it will happen either tomorrow night or NYE as he's staying with me both these nights.

I don't want him to know his proposal was cosmically ordered so I'll have to act all surprised when he does it, even though I know what's about to happen!

Any tips on acting surprised when you're really not? I'm so excited grin

bumhead Sat 29-Dec-12 18:25:40

I hope your order comes through for you Op.

As an aside I've been using cosmic ordering for years and had great success. I haven't always got exactly what I ordered in the literal sense and when I have got things I ordered they weren't always what I wanted once I got them.
An example: I really fancied (when I was single this is) a TV celebrity. I ordered a date with him. So a long story short, I actually got a date with him, in fact several. I stayed with him a few days. He turned out to be a total knobber. So I got what I wanted but when I got it, it wasn't what I wanted.
Another thing I got was a 4X4. Now THAT I loved but it kept breaking down sad

sittinginthesun Sat 29-Dec-12 18:31:15

I've just googled - there's a whole new world out there I wasn't aware of. grin

Although, I suspect it's more to do with trying to achieve your goals, and sometimes actually succeeding. I mean, did the tv personality and 4 x 4 just appear in your front garden, or did you have to go out of your way to find them?

ImperialBlether Sat 29-Dec-12 18:36:24

Was this a celebrity that you knew, ie he lived next door to you and you used to go to school with him?

I'm a bit worried about the Ocado-esque substitutions - maybe if you asked for a proposal you might get a prolapse shock

christmaswhine Sat 29-Dec-12 18:45:33

Here is how to make it more likely to happen... more 'concentrated' , if you like...

So, you want love or more money. Write it down. VERY SPECIFICALLY. List what you want, and when you want it. You must be very very specific. Open your window, hold the list up and read it out. Leave it there.

On your hand draw a symbol. A heart if you want love, maybe... a £ sign if you want money for example.. renew this mini drawing until you get your wish.

I MIGHT HAVE JUST MADE THAT UP

bumhead Sat 29-Dec-12 18:47:37

Sitting - I mixed in similar circles to the celeb but it was very weird how it happened. Like things moved to make it happen. But no he didn't just appear in my garden (thank fuck!)
The 4X4 - I had no way of getting one, I had no money to buy one. Then my dad kind of came by one as part of a part exchange and said I could have it. Again a strange turn of events but there it was. I didn't 'strive' for either. In fact it wasn't until I found a notebook I'd had from when I started cosmic ordering while I was cleaning where I'd listed what I wanted, that I realised how many things on that list had happened/I'd got.
Anyways it matters to me not one jot whether anyone believes in it, I just know for me it works. There is more to it than asking for something and time limits don't always work so well but it works. smile

bumhead Sat 29-Dec-12 18:49:41

I should add, I didn't know the celeb before I ordered him.
And I didn;t go out of my way to get him, like I said when I 'got' him, I'd forgotten I'd ordered him as such

madamemax Sat 29-Dec-12 18:55:03

Looks like Noel Edmonds once cosmically ordered cash from impressionable people who have more money than sense...

www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1214995/Noel-Edmonds-launches-Cosmic-Ordering-app-iPhone-users-universe-help.html

bumhead Sat 29-Dec-12 18:59:27

I'm not saying there aren't those who use this for bad and there aren't sites etc about it that aren't very 'wafty' but I can only tell you what worked for me.
And yes I know how unbelievable it might seem etc but it seems to work.

nkf Sat 29-Dec-12 19:01:22

I think you should slap your knee and shriek, "I knew it! Thank you, Universe."

FayeKorgasm Sat 29-Dec-12 19:19:28

Missbeehiving grin

TriptoLaredo Sat 29-Dec-12 19:28:58

My experience with Cosmic Ordering

1# I "ordered" for my boyfriend to say he loved me. I thought I was specific. I named him, mentioned the weekend I wanted it to happen and the words he would say ("I love you"). He'd never said it before - therefore it would be a rather big co-incidence if he happened to say it on this specific weekend. Said weekend arrives. We're camping and becoming rather drunk. He takes his shoes off and I decide to use one as a can holder for my drink - he bursts out laughing and says "oh wow! I love you!" - not quite how I expected/wanted it but I can't argue that he said what I'd "ordered" him to say! He clearly didn't mean it - but he said it.

2# I "ordered" for my boyfriend to propose to me. I was very specific. Named him, named the weekend he would say it and the words he would say ("marry me?"). Said weekend arrives and he suggests we go out for a meal - as you can imagine I'm all excited thinking "oh wow, he's really going to ask! it worked!". We sit down for the meal and start eating - during conversation I say something stupid - he replies with "oh that's great! marry me!" and bursts out laughing. Again - he clearly didn't mean it, but he said it.

Still not sure where I stand with the whole thing to be honest!

TriptoLaredo Sat 29-Dec-12 19:29:59

Oh - I did "cosmically order" a money find one time. I found a tenner in a grave yard the next day - just lying there on the floor, all rained on and shining in the moonlight. This was before I "ordered" the boyfriend stuff.

Bogeyface Sat 29-Dec-12 20:50:25

I can't help thinking that the OP will say that he did propose even if he doesnt!

<mature> Surely if you're planning to spend the rest of your lives together you've discussed it a bit?

<shamelessly marking place>

OhEmGee25 Sat 29-Dec-12 22:12:27

Tripto: is this "order" just on a bit of scrap paper you then bin?! hmm

ImperialBlether Sat 29-Dec-12 22:18:35

In the interests of research, I have today done a bit of this psychic ordering. If I don't come back, you know it all came true.

Emandlu Sat 29-Dec-12 22:30:38

But what is cosmic ordering??

It just seems to be wishing on a star by another name from what's been said on the thread so far.

Can't you just cosmic order a surprised face?

ImperialBlether Sat 29-Dec-12 22:35:08

On the site I went to, on behalf of everyone here, I had to make a wish, give a date when it should be granted and give my email address (which doubtless will be sold on to the whole wide world.) On that date my wish should be granted. I will keep you informed!

Bogeyface Sat 29-Dec-12 22:37:19

I think the theory is that you ask the universe for what you want and positive thinking ensures that the universe fills your order.

I think that positive thinking and good attitude means that perhaps you embrace opportunities that you wouldnt otherwise consider. In the OP's case, she is probably being far less subtle than she thinks, being so convinced that he will propose she may have discussed weddings, rings etc so planted the idea in his head.
Its fairly harmless if you accept that it may not make your wishes come true but from what I read tonight, you must not let negativity enter your thoughts for this to work. You must completely trust that your order will be fulfilled, which could lead to desperate disappoinment.

The OP is a good example, she will not consider the possibility that he might not ask her. And what if he doesnt? He is a thinking breathing human who controls his own mind and destiny, he isnt a puppet to externally controlled, and he might not want to get married, ever! Cue one crushed and heartbroken OP and a boyfriend with no clue as to what he has done wrong.

Bogeyface Sat 29-Dec-12 22:38:41

Oh and for me Cosmic ordering means getting the result you want. Why not just propose to him?

SirSugar Sat 29-Dec-12 23:39:42

Pmsl. Brilliant thread OP. Was in need of ordered a good laugh

ImperialBlether Sat 29-Dec-12 23:49:57

SirSugar, you must have ordered that cosmically in your sleep and now you have it!

OK I am going to cosmically order a very specific request - with a specific date - will let you know if it happens.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now