Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

He's about to propose to me - How do I act surprised??

(236 Posts)
CapellaMa Sat 29-Dec-12 17:32:30

Ok a few months ago I made a cosmic order for my boyfriend to propose to me before the end of the year. It hasn't happened yet and I'm not seeing him tonight so obviously it will happen either tomorrow night or NYE as he's staying with me both these nights.

I don't want him to know his proposal was cosmically ordered so I'll have to act all surprised when he does it, even though I know what's about to happen!

Any tips on acting surprised when you're really not? I'm so excited grin

oral anise grin

I have a loooong list. Is cosmic ordering like Ocado?

toddlerama Sat 29-Dec-12 17:49:54

Just nod sagely and say "I thought as much". If he's going to spend his life with you he should have the full picture...

IslaValargeone Sat 29-Dec-12 17:50:49

grin Is it like Ocado

GlaikitFizzogTheChristmasElf Sat 29-Dec-12 17:50:58

I think you may want to practice your "hiding your disappointment face" too. You know, just in case the cosmos doesn't deliver. Isn't there something in cosmic ordering that you can't make someone do something for you?? I might be wrong.

VBisme Sat 29-Dec-12 17:53:19

Why wouldn't you want him to propose of his own valition?

Doinmummy Sat 29-Dec-12 17:54:05

How did you cosmically order it? Do you just look to the heavens and ask? Genuine question.

tzella Sat 29-Dec-12 17:55:02

It's just extreme 'positive thinking' isn't it?

HaveYourselfAMardyLittleXmas Sat 29-Dec-12 17:55:15

Maybe Jesus in the Cabbage Van will turn up with the ring.

HecateQueenofWitches Sat 29-Dec-12 17:55:27

As part of your cosmic ordering, have you been looking at wedding mags, browsing through venues, pausing by jewellers windows?

I am not being sarcastic! I mean it. You could have unconsciously been doing a million and one things that could have set him thinking about marriage.

But, I don't suppose it matters whether the cosmos makes him propose, or whether he does it cos he wants to, or whether he's noticed you humming the wedding march while you brew up grin

I hope that he proposes to you and I hope you are both very happy together. x

CalamityKate Sat 29-Dec-12 17:55:51

Does anyone SERIOUSLY believe in this sort of thing??

IslaValargeone Sat 29-Dec-12 17:55:56

It's endorsed by Noel Edmonds.
Make of that what you will.

GoodKingWenSOLOslas Sat 29-Dec-12 17:56:00

<sigh> If only I'd known it was so easy!

HecateQueenofWitches Sat 29-Dec-12 17:57:13

I didn't think so, calamity. But apparently so.

I do hope it works out how the OP wants it though. Regardless how.

HaveYourselfAMardyLittleXmas Sat 29-Dec-12 17:57:15

Does Noel cosmically order those shirts?

HaveYourselfAMardyLittleXmas Sat 29-Dec-12 17:58:24

I agree with Hecate. wink Hope it works out for you OP. keep us updated!

IslaValargeone Sat 29-Dec-12 17:58:36

I should be able to offer more sensible advice really.
Fifteen years of a relationship I'm quite used to faking things.

IslaValargeone Sat 29-Dec-12 17:59:22

On a serious note, I hope it works out for you.

DoubleLifeIsALifeHalved Sat 29-Dec-12 18:02:47

oooh be careful, it its like Ocado ordering, you may get an unwanted substitution :-)

ReinDearPrudence Sat 29-Dec-12 18:03:54

I want to know what else you've ordered (and received) as well. Spill.

CalamityKate Sat 29-Dec-12 18:05:09

What, so actual adults with no SN believe that basically, their wishes will be granted?

OpheliasWeepingWillow Sat 29-Dec-12 18:05:38

Bloody hell. There's loads of things I really need. How does this ordering malarkey work?

IslaValargeone Sat 29-Dec-12 18:05:45

grin

TheSecondComing Sat 29-Dec-12 18:07:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CalamityKate Sat 29-Dec-12 18:14:42

Right.

To anyone who actually believes in this whimsical rubbish (I mean really genuinely believes it as opposed to seeing it as a " unlikely but a nice idea" bit of fun): I think you're utterly deluded. Seriously, slightly touched.

However if you all put in a cosmic order for me to win the lottery tonight, I will not only donate a large amount to charity; I will apologise profusely for my scepticism.

VBisme Sat 29-Dec-12 18:20:40

Thing is.... she's probably hinted to high hell, so if he does, should we all then believe?

I've just cosmically ordered told DH to go and fetch some more chocolate. If he comes back with some should I then order him to buy a winning lottery card.

I think the NE thing relates very strongly to his game show, which relies entirely on luck. As does CO.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now