Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Mixed messages.......going nuts

(327 Posts)
A1980 Wed 19-Dec-12 15:53:08

Supposed to be on "a break" with bf. I know I know it probably spells the end.

He has a lot of issue: unemployment, illness etc.

I expected no contact but so far I've had texts every week calling my by his special nicknames for me and most recently a card and present left at my office for Christmas with a note in the card saying lets trust 2013 is a great year.

had enough of mixed messages

wwyd?!

BerylStreep Mon 07-Jan-13 16:31:59

A1980, don't be hard on yourself. It just didn't work out, end of. There's no point trying to understand it, or him.

I have just given this advice on another thread, but I think it applies equally to you.

wine, duvet, Marion Keyes books, & long walks.

AntsMarching Mon 07-Jan-13 17:56:13

A, I know it's not what you want, but he's done you a favour. Now you know it's really over, you can move on and heal. Look after you, do things that you want and spend time with your friends.

Don't beat yourself up over what you did or what could've been. This has ended the way it was always going to, it was never your choice, it was always his.

Learn from this relationship and in your next one I hope you find a partner that is worthy of you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now