Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

It feels like he's obsessed with sex!

(52 Posts)
AnotherGlassPlease Thu 13-Dec-12 08:54:38

My husband and i have been together for ten years and married for four. We have 2 dd 3 months and 2.7. We seem to have this ongoing problem with differing sex drives which ends up making us both unhappy. I am really trying to ensure our sex life remains interesting but I feel as though he is constantly dissatisfied. This makes me feel as though i can't win and that any effort i make leads to him hoping for more. He seems to 'sulk' for want of a better word when i don't want to have sex or want to go to bed early. He is an otherwise attentive and lovely husband but we just keep going round in circles trying to solve this problem. I know we can't be alone in this. How do others cope?

SleighbellsRingInYourLife Thu 13-Dec-12 22:33:51

"it can be very difficult to understand and accept that a DP / DW is not interested in participating in an enjoyable (we hope), relaxing and intimate activity."

You must be extremely hard of understanding (and acceptance shock ) if you struggle with the idea that a woman who has recently given birth and still has a small baby entirely dependent on her for all its nutritional needs might not have the energy for any activities, no matter how enjoyable, relaxing, or intimate.

Luckily my husband is as exhausted as I am, what with not being a lazy shite, and somehow has the brains to comprehend that fully 5 months after giving birth I have no libido due to the effect of breastfeeding on my hormones.

Kindness is a far sexier quality than sulkiness.

When my libido comes back, I'll really want to fuck him.

Which I would not if he was a whiny, needy, sex pest.

freeandhappy Fri 14-Dec-12 09:10:45

Well put sleighbells.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now