Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Skyebluesapphire goes onwards and upwards

(1000 Posts)
imdreamingofaskyebluechristmas Tue 11-Dec-12 18:56:56

New thread - link to my old thread for my own purposes.

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/relationships/1548615-How-do-you-eat-an-elephant-One-bite-at-a-time

Onwards and upwards..... through Christmas and beyond..

imdreamingofaskyebluechristmas Tue 11-Dec-12 18:58:22
DonkeysInTheStableAtMidnight Tue 11-Dec-12 19:01:21

Hello Skye Happy Advent here on your new thread smile.

dondon33 Tue 11-Dec-12 19:20:38

Hi Skye, I'm bookmarking so I can continue to follow.
Here's to a healthy and happy 2013 for you and MS xx

MrsTomHardy Tue 11-Dec-12 20:39:54

Hi Skye
I've followed your story...first time I've posted.
Keep strong.
smile

Hi Skye - hoping you've had a good day! x

DonkeysInTheStableAtMidnight Wed 12-Dec-12 12:29:39

Hey Skye,

Still simmering over odd presents and cat food...

How are you today?

tribpot Wed 12-Dec-12 12:51:28

Onwards and upwards indeed. The skye's the limit - boom boom!

imdreamingofaskyebluechristmas Wed 12-Dec-12 13:04:35

Im OK. I feel normal again, bit tearful at times. I definitely have a massive problem with my hormones. I did mention it to the doctor, but she didn't say much about it. i will have to discuss again as I cant keep going up and down like this.....

I cried last night because I was looking at old texts.. I was looking for proof of the day he left so that I could sent it to WTC who think that he is still living here....

The texts just after he left... I'm sorry, I have handled all this badly. I'm sorry for hurting you. Give me time. I just don't feel the same any more.... Who knows, with time I may feel different..... I will always care about you and wish you well for the future........

what a twat the man is....

I emailed him again to ask if he has now changed his address on everything as it is causing me problems. He replied that he is working his way through everything and that it will be done soon. He has had 3 months of being in his own house! Of course he didn't have to worry about any of that last time we moved because I dealt with it all for him didnt I....

Im working at a clients today (honest!) and he is going to see her school play then taking her back to his house. MS is quite excited as she hasn't seen him for nearly a fortnight now..

DonkeysInTheStableAtMidnight Wed 12-Dec-12 13:16:09

Sounds a right old mix of emotions and hormones, talk to your GP again.

Glad ex is attending mini Skye's play. Little steps, and all that.

imdreamingofaskyebluechristmas Wed 12-Dec-12 23:45:21

Yesterday Twunt text to say he would bring her home between 6 and 6.30 today, then today at 6.15 he texts to say that he would be late as she was eating her tea. She got back just after 7 which is right on bedtime... And he had taken her to soft play so hardly quality time... Anyway.... She's happy so I suppose that's all that matters

Today I was chatting to one of my clients and she has seen what I've been through this past year.... She said that I was amazing, that the strength I have shown has been great and that the shock and grief I've had to deal with has been very traumatic. She went through a divorce herself several years ago but remembers the fears and the despair.

She reminded me that I have MS, my home, and a good business that I'm building up. I have a lot to be thankful for.

Twunt on the other hand has nothing. His choice.

My mum rang today to say she has received a Christmas card from XMIL. Maybe mines in the post.....

DonkeysInTheStableAtMidnight Wed 12-Dec-12 23:52:58

I am glad you can read your old threads, so many have encouraged you and tried to boost your confidence and show there is Life After Divorce. The client you saw today seems to echo that.

So Twunt went to mini Skye's play, took her out afterwards, gave her tea, brought her home. Job done!

Don't hold your breath waiting for a card. You are cool, unflappable, rising above it all. If one comes, think of it not as coming from ex MIL but mini Skye's gran. Subtle difference.

wheredidiputchristmas Thu 13-Dec-12 07:30:03

That's what I said on an earlier thread.

In a year or 2 time or will have MS, your business will thriving. Your home will be yours and decorated to how you want it. Your life with MS will be happy and busy doing all sorts of lovely, exciting things.

Meanwhile your Ex will be drowning in debt (or worse), in a bedsit maybe seeing MS once a every other weekend still texting OW.

imdreamingofaskyebluechristmas Thu 13-Dec-12 09:01:34

I just wish I could put him out if my head and stop thinking about what he did to me. Everybody is so shocked at what he did so I know it's not just me who finds it unbelievable but it's very hard to accept it.

All the divorce has done is sever financial ties not emotional ones.

I will get there one day.hmm

DonkeysInTheStableAtMidnight Thu 13-Dec-12 11:39:07

Writing Christmas cards thinking I don't know if some couples are still together. I don't know how you get past this Skye is it like they suggest for getting past an addiction, take one day at a time?

imdreamingofaskyebluechristmas Thu 13-Dec-12 11:54:45

yes, one day at a time. Im not sending out many Christmas Cards this year as I hate writing just me and MS, but I will send to people who live away who may not know. (I know they dont as Im getting cards addressed to both us us...)

On good days I know that Im better off without him and my life is a lot less stressful nowadays...

Off to watch MS in her school play this afternoon (proud mummy alert).. my mum is coming too and MS is so please that Nana is going.

DonkeysInTheStableAtMidnight Thu 13-Dec-12 12:24:52

A star is born... enjoy the play smile.

imdreamingofaskyebluechristmas Thu 13-Dec-12 12:58:15

I saw my neighbour this morning and he said that he saw XH at the play yesterday and the XH spoke to him, so he had to speak back as he couldn't be rude....

but he said that he despises XH, that you don't walk out when there is a little one involved, and that he will regret it one day. This man works away 2 days at a time, so misses his girls dreadfully then, but does it so that they could afford to move out of a city into a rural area with a good school.

MS also said that OW and her H were at the school play, but I have asked a couple of people and they say that XH was on his own, so she has told a complete lie and I'm not sure why or what to say about it...

DonkeysInTheStableAtMidnight Thu 13-Dec-12 13:24:49

Well MS may be telling the truth does your neighbour know what that female looks like?

If she wasn't there I might just remind MS that Santa only brings presents for good children who don't make up stories.

DonkeysInTheStableAtMidnight Thu 13-Dec-12 13:28:05

Sorry re-read your post, not neighbour then, those people you asked.

Pickles77 Thu 13-Dec-12 13:33:47

Hi Skye just wanted to say hello smile

DonkeysInTheStableAtMidnight Thu 13-Dec-12 18:26:13

Ooh it's Pickle hope your lovely DD is thriving and you all have an amazing Christmas, Pickle dog too!

Sorry for butting in Skye blush I'll get my coat.

imdreamingofaskyebluechristmas Thu 13-Dec-12 19:04:29

Hi Pickles! I keep meaning to PM you to see how you are doing? I havent seen you posting anywhere for a while..

captainmummy Fri 14-Dec-12 08:21:45

OW and her DH at the play? Wasn't it the school play? Most schools only have seating for the parents - even GP have to trade off with parents for seats.

Our infant/junior schools only made 2 tickets available per child - and I'm not sure about the validity of 'strangers' at a school nativity. Sounds odd to me. Maybe MS was mistaken, with the mass of strangers there.

Pickles77 Fri 14-Dec-12 09:54:15

Hi I'm not bad thanks. Pretty low but surviving. Glad ur well smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.