Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

If you are married

(113 Posts)
BertieBotts Mon 10-Dec-12 17:34:21

How old were you when you felt ready for marriage? And how long had you been with your partner?

Just curious grin

We got married at 26 after being together for 8 years.

Wideboy Sat 19-Jan-13 15:56:55

As for how did I know I was ready - I just wanted to be with her all the time, so I thought the best thing was to marry her. Fortunately she agreed!

Taffeta Sat 19-Jan-13 15:58:45

I was 35 DH was 34. We'd been together 2 years.

3littlewomen Sat 19-Jan-13 15:59:34

married at 30 (10 years ago) together 17 years, engaged within 2 months of meeting (long engagement). He was THE one, still is 4 kids later (expecting #5 this year).

We are a great team, lots of mutal respect and we love each other (puke!)

ArtemisatBrauron Sat 19-Jan-13 20:46:23

23, got married after 9 years together and now been married for 4.5 years and still very happy grin

21. Six weeks. Still together ten years, two DCs and two mc later.

Should say, that's six weeks from the first words we spoke to one another.

Mrsaurtherpendragon Sat 19-Jan-13 20:55:54

Engaged at 25
Married at 27
Together now for 9 years! smile

Startail Sat 19-Jan-13 20:58:31

met when I was 20, engaged six weeks later and married at 22.

still happily together 25 years and 2DDs later.

Lafaminute Sat 19-Jan-13 21:03:47

35 - but I'd been married 9 years at that stage. I knew he was a good man and that if I said NO I would be making a bad decision but I was not ready to get married. I spent my weeding day & honeymoon thinking WHAT HAVE I DONE?? but you know, 15 years on I believe I made the right decision and I have not got a reputation for doing that generally! We had been together 5 years before we got married. So 20 years this year. WOW! I don't feel old enough for that!!

Married for nine years in October, been together 11 years come July, got engaged after a week,,,
Got married a little over a year later,
Our children are nine and four.5

Forgot to mention I'm 30 in August...,
And met at the age of 18...

AmelieRose Sun 20-Jan-13 00:40:33

Met when I was 23, he was 33.
Engaged after 8 years
Married 9 months
Together 10 years at the end of this month!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now