Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Does anyone feel that some friends aren't pleased for you?

(27 Posts)
superstarheartbreaker Sun 09-Dec-12 19:07:09

I have one friend (and I do love her) but whenever I tell her about some misfortune (failed realtionship, wieght gain, blah blah blah) she does this little laugh. Is this an annoying tick? Does she really think that my misfortune is funny or does she just not know what to say? It's bugging me. Am I overreacting. For example when I lost a lot of wieght last year her reaction was astonishing. She immediately bought out alarge cake and offered me second helpings. She looked visibly shaken. WTF?????

superstarheartbreaker Mon 10-Dec-12 08:38:48

Shame our parents have hooked up. I have been funny with her mum recently..I feell...resentful.

AppearingDignified Mon 10-Dec-12 10:30:33

I had a friend who was just so competitive. Drove me mad. In the end we just stopped speaking when we both moved. Shame you don't have that luxury.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now