Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Anyone else a football widow?

(6 Posts)
HollyBerryBush Sun 09-Dec-12 22:02:48

Bat or ball, or generally sweaty people, it's on the telly.

Quite nice really, I think of it as a male creche -I know here they all are as I go about my business

MumofWombat Sun 09-Dec-12 20:07:19

Cricket widow here.
Wednesday - indoor cricket
Thursday - cricket training
Saturday - cricket
Today - watching cricket all afternoon and evening.

It used to be Tuesday - cricket training as well, but he realised that something had to go.....

In all fairness, I met him when he had travelled half way around the world to watch the Ashes, so I've always known his commitment to it....

SugaricePlumFairy Sun 09-Dec-12 14:55:04

Football rules in our house!

DS3- trains 3 times a week and plays on a Sunday - Dh goes with him.

DS1- trains once a week and plays- dh drops off and watches when possible on a Sunday afternoon when we've got back from ds3's match.

Season Ticket holders at our local club so every other Saturday afternoon.

Plus the SKY coverage.

CajaDeLaMemoria Sun 09-Dec-12 14:42:16

I think my OH would agree with you... I started watching with him, but he's lost interest. I haven't. I'll watch the local teams, the premier league teams...

That said, I always make sure he's happy and isn't wanting to go out/do something before I plan on watching something. And he's always welcome to watch it with me!

Longdistance Sun 09-Dec-12 14:38:32

I'm a rugby widow.

I'm with you there sister!

Although, my dh has gone to a cricket match today confused

OhEmGee25 Sun 09-Dec-12 14:36:37

Dp is great but my god, football drives me insane! He plays Thursday nights, watches his local team on Saturdays and usually, as in right now, is with the boys watching big games on Sundays! Grrr it's crap - the game I mean!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now