Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Condom found in DH wallet

(36 Posts)
RaraLala Thu 06-Dec-12 16:50:14

Hi this is the first time that I have posted on here but I don't know where to turn. Two weeks ago I found a condom in DH's wallet (I was looking for some stamps) I am on the pill and we have no need for these. I have no idea what to do now and whether I should confront him or let sleeping dogs lie.

ClippedPhoenix Fri 07-Dec-12 10:49:07

Hmmmm, I'd be watching him like a hawk now.

GinSoakedMu1berryLush Fri 07-Dec-12 12:28:48

Did it seem three years old? you could tell. If the circle could really clearly be seen on the outside then maybe it had been in his wallet for a while? did it still seem quite 'puffed out'. I think you could tell whether it had been there a short while or a long while.

RaraLala Tue 11-Dec-12 12:15:53

I am still suspicious so I check his wallet again but could not find the condom. I should have thought about the blinking expiry date earlier.

He has been going out a lot more lately with friends from work. I have never really met his work friends and don't know what they are like or even their gender.

I am keeping a close eye on him at the moment.

MadAboutHotChoc Tue 11-Dec-12 15:29:23

How is his behaviour at home? does he seem distant? has he been picking petty arguments?

peeriebear Tue 11-Dec-12 15:32:05

Surely he has either cleared out or replaced his wallet in those three years?

OneMoreGo Tue 11-Dec-12 17:55:27

He's lying.

he shouldn't be defensive, he should be gutted you are feeling worried and fretting over nothing, and delighted to reassure you instantly and put you at your ease. Coupled with him going out a lot more lately, I'd be intensely wary.

Jemma1111 Tue 11-Dec-12 18:03:03

There's only two possible reasons he had the condom in his wallet. 1) He's already shagging someone else. 2) He intends to go shagging someone else. Sorry

tiredofwaitingforitalltochange Tue 11-Dec-12 21:09:01

I don't think carrying a condom is necessarily worrying. I had a bf years ago who always carried a condom in his wallet. It was habit and the same one was still there a year later. I wasn't worried about it.

But the fact that he was defensive is dodgier and the fact that he's taken it out, and the fact that he's out a lot more than usual with workmates.

Keeping a close eye on him... well you can if you like.

But is someone you have to police really worth having?

I can't believe the number of women on here who keep close tabs on their man, when really if you have to do that the 'relationship' is a waste of time, isn't it?

You can't make someone want to be with you only, or stop them from transgressing if they want to do that.

I'm not unsympathetic, it must feel horrible. In your position I'd get rid. But I've just left my husband who wasn't even unfaithful and I don't really want to be with anyone right now, so I'm not best placed to identify with anyone who wants to hang on to a relationship.

RaraLala Thu 13-Dec-12 11:27:31

Well so far this week his behaviour has been pretty normal. He is however going out on the town with some friends of his from work on Friday. I am slightly dreading this.

allthatglittersisnotgold Fri 14-Dec-12 14:02:30

I had the same incident a few years ago. I got told for a posh wank. I let it slide. What a mug I was. Don't let it go op, however hard the situation is.

mcmooncup Fri 14-Dec-12 14:21:00

Are his pants on fire?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now