Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Would you have the app "tiger text"?

(30 Posts)
nilbyname Wed 05-Dec-12 21:04:01

I have just got an I phone. DH has one, all the apps he has downloaded are available to me now as we have one i-tunes account. So far so good. Except he has an app for "tiger text" which after some googling around is an app that makes sure your texts are deleted and cannot be traced. Further googling tells me it is the best app for cheating.

My DH is a devoted husband and father. This is just not him, at all. Tell me tiger text is nothing to be worried about?

nilbyname Thu 06-Dec-12 12:59:53

Sorry yes I should have picked up but honestly I feel quite bewildered by the whole thing, he is home tonight and we can talk it over then. I should have waited till then anyway.

SantaIAmSoFuckingRock Thu 06-Dec-12 13:04:19

my friend's relationship has just ended as she discovered (by accident, she was plugging his phone in to charge) he had an text hiding app. the alert flashed on his screen and it had the access sequence on it so of course she couldn't leave it at that, she typed in the code and found all these message to other girls and ones to his brother saying he had slept with one of the girls.

i'd be suspicious in your situation.

EdithWeston Fri 07-Dec-12 13:11:14

nilbyname: did you talk to him last night as you hoped? How are things today?

nilbyname Sat 08-Dec-12 15:17:59

Hi, sorry for not coming back sooner, DD is poorly.

Yes everything is fine, DH was a bit bemused at the app and said he must have downloaded it ages ago on the behest of his work mate who said it was a free text app. He said he has nothing to hide and we looked at his phone together. He was a bit hurt that I jumped to that conclusion, but we are fine now.

He is an amazing guy, so I do need to have a word with myself really.

Thanks for all your input and wise words.

BluelightsAndSirens Sat 08-Dec-12 16:03:56

Glad it's all sorted and hope your daughter feels better soon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now