Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

It has taken less than an hour to dismantle my life.

(34 Posts)

P came home and told me that he was moving in with his mum and dad because he said that he can longer cope. He is ill and he said that his mum is going to help him, when I asked why I can't help him he said that I work and his mum is there all the time.

We had a lot of problems over summer but I thought that we were back on track. Obviously not.

He has taken the dogs with him, and most of his stuff.

I at the moment feel numb. Not sure what to do. Thankfully no dc's involved.

Wingedharpy Mon 26-Nov-12 15:47:06

Can I ask what's wrong with him? What illness does he have?
Feel free to ignore if you would prefer not to say.

He is absolutely a martyr, he hates the fact that he is unable to do things, and will carry on doing them even though they are detrimental to his health. Things like heavy lifting. I try to understand his frustrations but it's hard to when he isn't doing anything to help himself.

I know how to pick em.

I didn't mean that. I meant "She feels like she has to be with me because I'm SO ILL, so I'll give her a chance to leave me and she will, just you wait."

So the question is, will you?

No i'm in it for the long haul. I love this man with all my heart. I knew when I met him that he had medical problems and it really does not matter to me. It may be cheesy but he is my best friend, he makes me laugh, and all I want in the whole wide world is for him to get better.

rubyrubyruby Mon 26-Nov-12 22:15:21

I suspect he made this decision in desperation.
Do you get on well with his Mother? Are they local?

I know it's tough but give him time xxx

Yes I think he reached his last rope as it were. I am angry that he did not discuss it with me however at the same time I understand his decision.

I do get on with his parents, they have moved recently it is about a 10 min walk.

ChippingInLovesAutumn Mon 26-Nov-12 23:47:51

If it's only a 10 minute walk, why does he need to live there for his mum to be able to help him?

Well there you go. You are going to pass the test if it is indeed one...

Could you move in and share the care? How would that suggestion go down?

Well we need to talk about him moving first without discussing it with me. I really didn't say much on Sunday night as I was numb with shock.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now