Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

As a femaley womany type how do I show a guy I fancy him?

(214 Posts)
SoleSource Sat 24-Nov-12 16:33:59

Help!!

InNeedOfBrandy Sat 24-Nov-12 17:08:33

sole as he's the kids bus driver can't you buy him a christmas present (box of quality street) and say happy christmas thankyou for what your doing...

SoleSource Sat 24-Nov-12 17:10:11

He did introduce himself months ago. He asked me my name the other day. We have had small chats. He is friendly, upbeat, interesting and sexy.

Prob married sad

InNeedOfBrandy Sat 24-Nov-12 17:12:43

Ok well do the christmas present thing and then you can ask if he's got a wife, or on christmas card write to mr bus driver and wife. He will then set you straight on that front! YOLO

BeerTricksPott3r Sat 24-Nov-12 17:13:18

Oh gawd, you can't ask him out without knowing that. Do a bit more digging first.

SoleSource Sat 24-Nov-12 17:13:52

I would lime to buy him a present for ChristmasInNeed smile

I amsure AF will be fed up of my relationship threads if I did date him lol

AnyFucker Sat 24-Nov-12 17:13:53

it might be best to find out if he is single first

noseinabook Sat 24-Nov-12 17:14:35

Just start up a 'normal' conversation with him. Ask him how his weekend was/what he got up to (you can also then maybe ascertain whether he is single!); ideal timing now to talk about Christmas etc, has he been to see the xmas lights in town/Christmas markets etc - if not, ask if he fancies going with you smile Job's a good 'un. Good luck! (And let me know if it works because I want to try something similar with my Tesco delivery man smile)

SoleSource Sat 24-Nov-12 17:15:03

Yes good idea.Brandy l
I will ask on Monday haha. Prob go bright red .

IAmSoFuckingRock Sat 24-Nov-12 17:15:29

oh sole it's not your weight or fear of rejection that's gonna be the reason for a knock back. it's your lack of four poster wink.

i like brandy's style! grin

InNeedOfBrandy Sat 24-Nov-12 17:16:57

My asda delivery man is quite cute, we bonded over stolen jam tarts blush

Solesource just do it, whats the worst that can happen? He's says no sorry (mumbles excuse) and you don't think about it again and he gets out your head. Or he says yes and you have a few dates and stop fancying him or 3 you end up in a relationship. YOLO You only live once.

SoleSource Sat 24-Nov-12 17:17:27

grin grin grin @ noseinabook trollop!!

BOFingSanta Sat 24-Nov-12 17:20:25

Honestly, I think you concentrate on enjoying being single for a while- I remember threads from you recently agonising about internet dating etc etc, but haven't you got a tiny baby at the moment? I really wouldn't be making new romantic relationships a priority in that situation. Apologies if I've mixed you up with another poster.

SoleSource Sat 24-Nov-12 17:20:35

grin InNeed

I'm gladnot just me LOL

SoleSource Sat 24-Nov-12 17:22:58

Hi Bof yeah somebody else. Wish I did have a baby.smile

noseinabook Sat 24-Nov-12 17:24:40

SoleSource how very dare you?! grin I even walk him back to his van (under the pretence of DGS wanting to help put the crates back on it). Sunday evenings are the highlight of my week smile

BOFingSanta Sat 24-Nov-12 17:25:30

Ah, I'm sorry. Good job really- it would cramp your style in the four poster a bit grin

SoleSource Sat 24-Nov-12 17:27:05

nose lmao!! Ask him out,.do InNeeds suggestion. Report back here tomorrow. smilesmilesmile

Hey Bof no worries lol

Mrswhiskerson Sat 24-Nov-12 17:27:26

I think you should wait until you feel better about yourself because it seems you have low self esteem and when you go into a relationship feeling lucky to have that person it sets the power balance too far in their favour you should know you are good enough for anyone

Plus if you ask someone out expecting them to reject you they probably will not because you are not attractive but because they will get the wrong signals from you, go up full of confidence and your attractiveness instantly goes up

Don't be scared of rejection just think if they say no they are leaving the path open for the man who reall really wants to be with you, you deserve no less

I say this as a five foot ten size sixteen to eighteen who has had no problems attracting men despite being told men like petite skinny girls
Good luck!

ProphetOfDoom Sat 24-Nov-12 17:29:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ProphetOfDoom Sat 24-Nov-12 17:31:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SoleSource Sat 24-Nov-12 17:38:14

I aim to be a curvy 12. I'm a 26 now.So long way to go. Too big for most guys.

BeerTricksPott3r Sat 24-Nov-12 17:49:34

Don't define yourself by what you think is attractive to men or you will never feel 'good enough'.

Excellent post by MrsWhiskerson on the self-esteem thing.

SoleSource Sat 24-Nov-12 17:54:05

MrsWhisketsonfab post and tnank you smilesmilesmile

I am spul searching. After eighteen months of Psychodynamic therapy, I feel like some male company. I do think my fear of rejection might be bigger than the reality of it as I have discovered after therapy. Single four years. Gotta try what I paid forty pounds a week to learn about.

Lets see

Christmas card suggestion is green lighted.

SoleSource Sat 24-Nov-12 18:12:50

I AM EXCITED!!

Hurry up Monday smilesmilesmile

DrinkFeckArseGirls Sat 24-Nov-12 18:15:40

If he's skinny like a rake he might like cushion for pushin'.

<rubs away and hides>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now