Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Do you think this "relationship expert" is right on why men lose interest when we show interest?

(52 Posts)
AlexAndreN Sun 18-Nov-12 11:20:42

www.youtube.com/watch?v=q92KkMI8d8g

You Tube vid explaining why men come on strong in the beginning and then lose interest once we show that we like them. I was a bit hmm at first (thought it was all going to be about mind games etc) but its scarily accurate and I think he makes a lot of sense!!

What do you reckon?

Sometimes I wonder if the reason my DH married me was that I was possibly the only girl he'd asked out who wasn't interested. He was one of those guys who always had a girlfriend, and they always pestered him for marriage, but he wouldn't be tied down. I was friends with him for years before we started dating, and even then it took him 2 years to persuade me to go out with him. The thing was I had him firmly in the 'friend's box', it just didn't occur to me to fancy him. I only relented when I did something a bit unkind to him, and he just forgave me. It was like the penny dropped and I saw who he really was - I decent bloke, not a player. Once we did start dating I kept my own flat, never answered my phone, and nearly broke up with him when he dared leave a toothbrush at mine. I wasn't game playing, that's just who I am - independent and wary about being becoming involved.

To cut a long story short we were engaged within 6 months, and married after a year. We are still together 13 years later.

Perhaps there is something in it. Perhaps men do like women who are their own person and don't latch on to them. I know I prefer independent men. Nothing worse than a cling-on.

Bilbobagginstummy Sun 18-Nov-12 13:30:30

You're 31??? You're behaving like you're 15.

He's 41??????? He's behaving like he's a toddler.

I agree with everyone who says the problem is that he's just not that into you. Good grief - just get your life back and get rid.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now