Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

If your ex...

(129 Posts)
Pickles77 Sat 17-Nov-12 20:33:04

Suddenly decided to tell you he wanted to try again with your 9 week old baby after he made you leave at 24 weeks pregnant to go back to your parents, and leave your job. Whilst he spent your pregnancy in bed with someone you hate, what would you do?

Especially if you had just met someone wonderful else

With no deceleration of love or anything.

I really hope you agree with the four letter phrase with the last word ending off I just directed at him

izzyizin Mon 19-Nov-12 16:39:18

He gave me DD Big deal. You could have got pg using a turkey baster and you're best advised to think of him as he truly is - which is nothing but a sperm donor.

Pickles77 Mon 19-Nov-12 16:41:29

izzy! I just spat tea everywhere. That was a truely quality post! grin

Flojo1979 Mon 19-Nov-12 17:09:39

Try again with 9 wk old baby? Or try again with u?
If with u then I agree with the MN phrase but I read it as try again with the baby not u, in which case, although he's been an idiot understatement its not too late for him to come to his sense and be a good dad, and UI owe it to your baby to comply.

Anniegetyourgun Mon 19-Nov-12 17:10:51

Riiiiight. The hurt that you caused, by... not refusing to be thrown out? Not getting on with the ironing while he got on with the shagging someone else? Not joining him and other woman for a nice threesome?

Pickles, the far side of fuck is too good for him.

Pickles77 Mon 19-Nov-12 17:15:32

He wants to try be a 'family' he has told OW & she is 'upset' hmm but they both knew I was pg

kernowgal Mon 19-Nov-12 17:23:12

It's all about him. He couldn't give a stuff about you.

I would be tempted to direct him to this:

www.someecards.com/usercards/viewcard/MjAxMi1hNWYyODM3YzJlZWI1NTli

ivykaty44 Mon 19-Nov-12 17:25:55

congrats on the birth of your baby grin

As for the ex - well they usually ask to come back at some stage, do they mean it - I doubt they do really want to try again it is just that they found out the grass is the same colour and the novelty wore off...sorry to say. I would be extremly wary

Pickles77 Mon 19-Nov-12 17:33:24

Thanks guys smile

Jemma1111 Mon 19-Nov-12 17:48:32

Pickles, I would say that the only reason your ex wants to 'try again' is purely because he realizes that the torch you held for him is no longer shining brightly and your attentions have now turned towards your new man. Therefore he doesn't like it and will do whatever he needs to to make you want HIM again. He just wants to win you over and that is all.

Stay well clear because I would bet that if you give him another chance he will, before long, tell you he's made a mistake or whatever and be off shagging around again. You will then be kicking yourself for fooling you twice.

Pickles77 Mon 19-Nov-12 18:10:31

Thank you Jemma. I am glad everyone's judgement agrees with mine because we all know that when I disagree with him I get the 'I'm being unreasonable' tripe to poison my mind smile

lovemenot Mon 19-Nov-12 18:16:04

No no no no no! I got sweet-talked back in after a 5 year split and it's now going to be a much harder situation to get out of.

So no! Enjoy your wonderful new baby, enjoy your life, enjoy being yourself and leave the fucker to his "unreasonable-ness" smile

B1ueberryS0rbet Mon 19-Nov-12 18:28:25

I would not get back with him under any circumstances. He left you when you were vulnerable. That must have been very distressing. Did he show any remorse or confusion about your distress. Now he is a spanner in the works of a new relationship! I'd say he's just a spanner!

B1ueberryS0rbet Mon 19-Nov-12 18:29:37

ps, I went back with an x once too, and I didn't even want to. He had this way of making me feel like I owed it to him though. Bah!

B1ueberryS0rbet Mon 19-Nov-12 18:35:00

Just read that he is not saying sorry and is talking about his pain and hurt?!

what!?

Anniegetyourgun said it. The far side of fuck is too near for him.

Dryjuice25 Mon 19-Nov-12 18:50:01

Tell him your daughter is already attracted to new "daddy" ....... and that he is the best thing that happened to you. He is a low life. Be happy he checked out sooner than later

Pickles77 Mon 19-Nov-12 19:14:31

Seriously yes his pain and hurt. And he's broken it off with OW for me and she is in a 'state' confused
Just trying to play with my mind hmm ass hooooole

dancinginthemoonlight Mon 19-Nov-12 19:26:30

Sounds like he was being very cocky.. (that you would fall at his feet and say you wanted him back). So now he's left with noone? What a shame...--serves the star biscuit right--

Pickles77 Mon 19-Nov-12 19:31:33

Love it!

Gather around for a good snort ladies I'm on the Pinot I found this text from him hilarious

'you give too much chat and not enough action'

hmm right

MakeItALarge Mon 19-Nov-12 19:32:10

The poor other woman hmm

My ex left when I was 4months pregnant. I do still love him, and miss him, and remember how good things were, and think how nice it would be if he was here with me and our son. But I also know he is the kind of man who can lie, cheat and walk away from his own son. I could never be with him again because I know he can walk away without a backwards glance, I would always be insecure and scared of doing or saying the wrong thing.

Tell him to get back with his ow. They deserve each other!

MakeItALarge Mon 19-Nov-12 19:33:04

Oooh pickles txt back

Thats not what my new man says wink

cupcake78 Mon 19-Nov-12 19:38:43

Pickles please don't go back to him. He's hurt you far to much already.

I can't believe your dd is 9wks already grin

aimingtobeaperfectionist Mon 19-Nov-12 19:40:31

Congrats on DD!

Just remember, he left you to have sex with another woman whilst you were carrying his child. He knew you were pregnant and still carried on being a wanker. He let you down at your most vulnerable time.
He just wants you and the OW to be fawning all over him.
Don't show your DD it's ok to be walked all over and treated like this. When she grows up she will respect you more for having the strength to stand up for your self and tell him you deserve better.
Be her role model. Not his doormat.

Pickles77 Mon 19-Nov-12 19:44:08

<takes a bow>
Just directed the MN mantra at him again

Thank you for your support ladies
More Pinot anyone? pretend its not Monday

Xales Mon 19-Nov-12 19:49:28

Do you have any proof he has ended it with OW because he didn't exactly end it with you before getting with her did he?

Or perhaps she has seen the light and dumped him!

Or does he fancy a bit of Pickle on the side? You would become the OW if you were mug enough to believe him?

Anniegetyourgun Mon 19-Nov-12 20:00:57

So he's still dumping women and leaving them in a state. That shows how much he's changed hmm. (Although I agree with Xales, just as likely that she dumped him, hence why he's looking for a way back to a sure thing - he thinks.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now