Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Are middle age women a turn off for middle aged men?

(54 Posts)
nolongerattractive Fri 16-Nov-12 10:46:32

I say this because this is the impression I get from OH. He will make a point of looking at young, slim, attractive ladies but I dont notice him looking at ladies of his own age group 50+. Are we middle aged ladies a turn off for men? I know George Clooney would'nt fancy me grin

MrsCantSayAnything Sat 17-Nov-12 09:10:14

I knew I was getting on a bit when the guys I noticed in the street suddenly appeared to be too young for me!

Youth is beautiful. End of story! But it doesn't mean that men don't fancy women over 40 at all!

I just hit 40 and have found I get more attention suddenly....ok from middle aged men but still!

I'm happily partnered up but it doesn't mean that I don't like some looks!

Interesting subject. I've been casually dating a chap who is 45 and I'm 34 since February. I've never dated anyone before who's more than 5 years either side of me and he did make a comment many months ago about women in their 30's being the best. I'm not terribly slim, I'm a size 14 post children. He however keeps himself trim. Hmmmm not entirely sure what I'm trying to say but I've nodded a lot to comments on here.

LadyLapsang Sat 17-Nov-12 09:59:05

OP, your OH sounds crass and immature - obviously eyeing up someone else is hugely stupid and disrespectful, he should have grown out of that behaviour by now.

Age is just a number, I see attractive people of both sexes from their 20's to their 60's and I'm sure when I'm older the upper age will extend too. Yes, physical looks count, but so does your intelligence, personality and engagement with the world. Many people in their 20's and 30's are more insular and less interesting / attractive than people in their 40's & 50's.

HellothisisJoanie Sat 17-Nov-12 10:38:30

he probably should have jsut grown out of admitting it in public

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now