Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Will this seem pushy?

(4 Posts)
OhEmGee25 Thu 15-Nov-12 20:32:00

I agree with the other two. Now and again is cool just as you wouldn't charge a girlfriend popping over for dinner, but it's become routine, it's only right that he contributes

WhoNickedMyName Thu 15-Nov-12 20:01:23

Not pushy, no. And if he doesn't want to then he can say no.

But if he comes straight to you then presumably he'll be showering
and eating at your place. In which case if I were you I'd want some financial contribution from him.

izzyizin Thu 15-Nov-12 20:01:09

If you can afford to subsidise his use of utilities/food etc while he saves up for another home at your expense, asking him to become your temporary cocklodger doesn't seem unduly pushy to me.

However, I would caution you to first establish exactly how long this arrangement will last as a man who sells his house and finds himself without funds to provide a deposit on another is unlikely to become a property magnate of any renown.

NikitaDivision Thu 15-Nov-12 19:49:31

For 6 months now my boyfriend has spend about 4/5 nights a week at my house, he's currently 'officially' living at his mum's house as he's saving up for a deposit to buy somewhere after selling his last house so the nights he isn't here, he stays at his mums house.

The thing is though, on the nights he does stay here, he goes 'home' (to his mum's) from work, gets a shower, has his tea there and then drives to my house.

He's complaining lately that he's so tired all the time and I suggested that as he works all week and then faffs about driving from one place to another after work, that could be contributing. He agreed.

Would it seem pushy if I suggested he just come straight here after work some nights? I don't want it to seem like I'm trying to push him to move in but it seems silly going to his mums house and then driving here after work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now