Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Sex and sleep

(6 Posts)
ZombieOnABicycle Wed 14-Nov-12 17:03:39

I'm with the OP and kitty, I get really buzzy after sex where as DP just wants to roll over and go to sleep. I sometimes find having a long hot bath helps (it's one of the few times I can enjoy one in peace and quiet, but otherwise no advice, sorry, just know you're not alone.

PS - OP love your name (I'm getting one for Xmas :-) )

FeuDeRussie Wed 14-Nov-12 15:18:36

No, sex usually makes me really sleepy! It doesn't have that effect on DH though, he tends to stay awake reading for ages while I sleep on him.

However, very occasionally we do have such good sex that instead of feeling satisfied after one orgasm I feel all jittery like you describe and like I could go on for hours having more orgasms (though I usually can't be arsed to carry on blush). Could that be what's happening to you?

sparklekitty Wed 14-Nov-12 11:35:19

I've always had this. Drives my dh mad sometimes as he gets super sleepy and i get super chatty, want to talk about everything and anything (not deep and meaningful). I tend to let him sleep and either read or faff on my phone for a bit. It did make me less inclined to have sex on work days as I'd be shattered the next day! Sorry, no helpful suggestions

AnyFucker Wed 14-Nov-12 07:41:55

Nope, I don't. Do you orgasm ? Get to do/have done to you all the things you really like ? I find that knocks me right out. smile

CogitoErgoSometimes Wed 14-Nov-12 07:20:07

Not personally but how about forgetting night-time sex and rescheduling it for the morning?

Iwantabigbangshowercurtain Wed 14-Nov-12 02:44:22

Absolutely nothing wrong with our sex life, it's better and more frequent than it has ever been after a very long time together. But I cannot sleep after having sex. Instead of that nice relaxing sleepiness I used to have, sex now makes me feel wide awake and fidgety and it takes a few hours to relax again. I quite miss the snuggling down and sleeping after.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now