Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Sex and sleep

(6 Posts)
Iwantabigbangshowercurtain Wed 14-Nov-12 02:44:22

Absolutely nothing wrong with our sex life, it's better and more frequent than it has ever been after a very long time together. But I cannot sleep after having sex. Instead of that nice relaxing sleepiness I used to have, sex now makes me feel wide awake and fidgety and it takes a few hours to relax again. I quite miss the snuggling down and sleeping after.

Does anyone else have this problem?

CogitoErgoSometimes Wed 14-Nov-12 07:20:07

Not personally but how about forgetting night-time sex and rescheduling it for the morning?

AnyFucker Wed 14-Nov-12 07:41:55

Nope, I don't. Do you orgasm ? Get to do/have done to you all the things you really like ? I find that knocks me right out. smile

sparklekitty Wed 14-Nov-12 11:35:19

I've always had this. Drives my dh mad sometimes as he gets super sleepy and i get super chatty, want to talk about everything and anything (not deep and meaningful). I tend to let him sleep and either read or faff on my phone for a bit. It did make me less inclined to have sex on work days as I'd be shattered the next day! Sorry, no helpful suggestions

FeuDeRussie Wed 14-Nov-12 15:18:36

No, sex usually makes me really sleepy! It doesn't have that effect on DH though, he tends to stay awake reading for ages while I sleep on him.

However, very occasionally we do have such good sex that instead of feeling satisfied after one orgasm I feel all jittery like you describe and like I could go on for hours having more orgasms (though I usually can't be arsed to carry on blush). Could that be what's happening to you?

ZombieOnABicycle Wed 14-Nov-12 17:03:39

I'm with the OP and kitty, I get really buzzy after sex where as DP just wants to roll over and go to sleep. I sometimes find having a long hot bath helps (it's one of the few times I can enjoy one in peace and quiet, but otherwise no advice, sorry, just know you're not alone.

PS - OP love your name (I'm getting one for Xmas :-) )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now