Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Dh asked me to wait up

(126 Posts)
Kingcyrolophosarus Tue 06-Nov-12 23:40:07

because he's not organised for a business trip tomorrow?!!
It's a day trip, not exactly sure how I can help?
He knows I'm feeling shit and had massive headache

I actually went to sleep with DS at 8, feel a bit better now

sparkleyangel Wed 07-Nov-12 02:31:18

You don't need to go anywhere, tell him to leave then claim benefits and maintenance. There's plenty of help out there for people like you if you want it.

sparkleyangel Wed 07-Nov-12 02:35:50

I was in your position ten years ago but I did it and there was a lot less help around then than there is now. Thinking of you I know what your going through.

JessicaLub Wed 07-Nov-12 02:40:03

I disagree sparkley. Kingneeds to remove herself and her Son out of the cunt calling environment.
She can sort the practicalities later.

ripsishere Wed 07-Nov-12 03:04:19

I would post in relationships IIWY OP.
I do have to say though, if my DH came home pissed and called us counts he wouldn't be my DH for much longer.
Depending on how long he is away for, I would use that time for making plans. Plans that didn't include him.
Good luck.

ripsishere Wed 07-Nov-12 03:04:57

Not that he would call us counts. This fucking computer has a swear word deleter I'm sure. Cunts.

AdoraBell Wed 07-Nov-12 03:10:40

In the short term can you start squirrelling some money away, or does he control the finances completely? Do family/friend's know about the problems at all? When you say no family near, are you within driving/train ride distance?

Kingcyrolophosarus Wed 07-Nov-12 06:27:44

Well it looks like he's missed the flight

What mood is he likely to be in when he wakes up and is he likely to take it out on you?
Take ds and go somewhere for the day?

akaemmafrost Wed 07-Nov-12 06:41:04

I'd have got him up just to get rid of him on the business trip.

I'd have used the time he was away to find out about benefits etc and start getting organised. What a twat he sounds.

ENormaSnob Wed 07-Nov-12 06:41:32

Not an appropriate environment for a child living with a nasty drunk.

GeordieCherry Wed 07-Nov-12 07:05:08

If he misses the flight he gets to see the consequences of his actions. His behaviour is not your responsibility. Well done for not waking him up smile

Google Al-Anon, they're there to support those who are affected by other people's drinking. They're amazing! Good luck

ZillionChocolate Wed 07-Nov-12 07:07:51

Hope you're alright today King. I might consider going out for the morning rather than deal with a hungover and pissed off DH.

KateByChristmas Wed 07-Nov-12 07:11:07

Just read this hope you're ok - go out for a coffee this morning take no part in the fall out of this he's a big boy he can clean up the mess.

Trazzletoes Wed 07-Nov-12 07:13:25

Definitely get out this morning. Will he blame you for not getting him up? (not that this is in any way your fault...).

AllOverIt Wed 07-Nov-12 07:17:01

Hope you're okay sad

Longdistance Wed 07-Nov-12 07:18:41

Going out on a school night. Tut, tut!

His own bloody fault. Hope you're ok op, and he hasn't blamed you after his c word tirade.

Honestly, what a knob jockey!

redexpat Wed 07-Nov-12 08:11:23

Are you ok?

Are you ok?

valiumredhead Wed 07-Nov-12 08:20:07

I would take the LO out and spend the morning away from home so you aren't in the firing line.

It's HIS responsibility to sort out work arrangements, not yours - if my dh asked me to pack for him and wait up and wake him for a flight, I would laugh at him!

Hope you are ok x

whois Wed 07-Nov-12 08:22:51

Oh defo go out for the day!

Seriously he sounds like a total looser.

Why do you have no money? Can you get access to some?

Do you have any friends who can help you?

OldBagWantsNewBag Wed 07-Nov-12 08:31:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Whocansay Wed 07-Nov-12 08:49:17

This is the same charmer who gets off on ruining your son's birthday year after year? He's not exactly making it up to you is he? He clearly likes to be centre of attention and keep you on your toes. Leave him to it this morning, otherwise you will be in the firing line.

Hope you're OK and find the strength to get rid of this horrible man.

SlightlySuperiorPeasant Wed 07-Nov-12 08:58:42

Hope you're alright OP.

samandi Wed 07-Nov-12 09:00:28

And his redeeming features are ... ?

My DH does stuff like this all the time. He knew I had to be up at 7am this morning, yet he was purposely being disruptive in bed, standing on my pillow, making stupid noises etc., until 2:30am, I finally got to sleep at 3am.

Er, what? You do know that this is not normal behaviour for a grown adult?

Is everything ok OP?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now