Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Have just applied for my marriage certificate

(9 Posts)
MusicForTheMasses Sat 06-Oct-12 16:19:00

Good luck to you. It is empowering, but a hell of a journey. x

MOSagain Sat 06-Oct-12 12:21:08

Yes, UB can include pretty much anything. I've seen some rather petty things in my time but it does depend on the individual and what they consider is unreasonable.

I wasn't very clear (in my excitement!) I'm planning on going on adultery as I feel strongly about it but have prepared draft particulars for UB which I plan on emailing to him and letting him decide what he'd prefer, a one liner on adultery or several pages of him being a twunt. Then, when he says which he would prefer, I might go for the other wink

DoIDare Sat 06-Oct-12 09:29:51

I believe unreasonable behaviour can include adultery

MadAboutHotChoc Sat 06-Oct-12 09:27:56

Good luck smile

MOSagain Sat 06-Oct-12 08:42:26

Thanks all. Yes madabout, I've ummed and ahhed for ages but have realised now ENOUGH! He is full of shit and I deserve better. I saw my counsellor a few days ago having not seen her for a few weeks and she said I was so much stronger.

I've started two adult education classes, am building up my social network and won't be reliant on him again.

I haven't told him yet, want to wait until everything ready to issue. Ideally I'd have waited, perhaps til after Christmas but due to the 6 month rule on adultery need to have issued before then so not hanging around.

We can be strong grin

Igetknockeddownbutgetupagain Fri 05-Oct-12 23:24:02

I've missed out on previous threads...

But glad you feel empowered MOS.

I'm going to wait until next year, I think. Let him pay!

foolonthehill Fri 05-Oct-12 20:48:13

well done

MadAboutHotChoc Fri 05-Oct-12 20:17:16

Not surprised as I think you have said a few times that you have come to realise there is nothing left for you. It is a brave step so well done for making this move and may things go well for you.

P.S How did he take it?

MOSagain Fri 05-Oct-12 17:07:19

and drafted the particulars of unreasonable behaviour.
yay!
As you were

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now