Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Have just applied for my marriage certificate

(9 Posts)
MOSagain Fri 05-Oct-12 17:07:19

and drafted the particulars of unreasonable behaviour.
yay!
As you were

MadAboutHotChoc Fri 05-Oct-12 20:17:16

Not surprised as I think you have said a few times that you have come to realise there is nothing left for you. It is a brave step so well done for making this move and may things go well for you.

P.S How did he take it?

foolonthehill Fri 05-Oct-12 20:48:13

well done

Igetknockeddownbutgetupagain Fri 05-Oct-12 23:24:02

I've missed out on previous threads...

But glad you feel empowered MOS.

I'm going to wait until next year, I think. Let him pay!

MOSagain Sat 06-Oct-12 08:42:26

Thanks all. Yes madabout, I've ummed and ahhed for ages but have realised now ENOUGH! He is full of shit and I deserve better. I saw my counsellor a few days ago having not seen her for a few weeks and she said I was so much stronger.

I've started two adult education classes, am building up my social network and won't be reliant on him again.

I haven't told him yet, want to wait until everything ready to issue. Ideally I'd have waited, perhaps til after Christmas but due to the 6 month rule on adultery need to have issued before then so not hanging around.

We can be strong grin

MadAboutHotChoc Sat 06-Oct-12 09:27:56

Good luck smile

DoIDare Sat 06-Oct-12 09:29:51

I believe unreasonable behaviour can include adultery

MOSagain Sat 06-Oct-12 12:21:08

Yes, UB can include pretty much anything. I've seen some rather petty things in my time but it does depend on the individual and what they consider is unreasonable.

I wasn't very clear (in my excitement!) I'm planning on going on adultery as I feel strongly about it but have prepared draft particulars for UB which I plan on emailing to him and letting him decide what he'd prefer, a one liner on adultery or several pages of him being a twunt. Then, when he says which he would prefer, I might go for the other wink

MusicForTheMasses Sat 06-Oct-12 16:19:00

Good luck to you. It is empowering, but a hell of a journey. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now