Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I am pregnant

(41 Posts)
s0fedup Thu 04-Oct-12 18:03:46

Omg
As the title states i am pregnant (very early) I found out yesterday.
I have no idea how it happened as we rarely dtd.
We have had some major issues in our marraige. One of them being me wanting a 3rd child and him dead set against it, oh the irony.
I am utterly terrified of telling him, he will hit the roof...

izzyizin Fri 05-Oct-12 08:33:22

I don't dispute that, zippey. It goes without saying that it's entirely up to the OP to decide whether she find responses to her thread helpful, or not as the case may be.

However, although you may agree with her opinion on this occasion I don't and, FWIW, I'd find it disturbing if any dw professed herself to be 'utterly terrified' of telling her dh that she was pregnant.

I hope your h reacts in civilised manner when you tell him the news, sOfedup, but, if not, joint counselling may be the way forward to improve your relationship to the extent that your dc are not caught in the crossfire, so to speak.

flyoverthegoldenhill Fri 05-Oct-12 08:45:18

sOfed as you have said alot of things have changed. Break it gently, I don't agree with dropping hints (but thats because my dp would never pickup on hints) and really try to make it a proper conversation. Prepare yourself. Can you get out for a long walk, and go over the conversation in your head. He may actually feel differently now. Good luck thanks

s0fedup Fri 05-Oct-12 10:42:56

thanks for appology bushy.
I know you are all right, I didnt do it to myself! so what will be will be...

s0fedup Fri 05-Oct-12 10:44:43

i dont know why last post appeared again?? sorry!!

izzyizin Fri 05-Oct-12 11:00:41

Good luck - I hope you'll come back and let us know how it went.

s0fedup Fri 05-Oct-12 11:04:29

i will definitely be back. I am hoping with happy news x

dondon33 Sat 06-Oct-12 16:25:27

Good to hear of the improvements S0
I do agree with some others too- whatever his reaction he is equally responsible in planting the seed, so to speak, He willingly had sex knowing you weren't protected.
When do you plan on telling him?
Good luck x

s0fedup Sat 06-Oct-12 16:33:17

hi, To be honest it all feels so unreal. I dont 'feel' or look pregnant at all and I know this sounds terrible but i could tell him now and the pregnancy might not progress naturally (its still very early) then we would have had a potentially huge conversation over nothing...

M0naLisa Sat 06-Oct-12 18:34:00

But if you mc then won't you want his support???
Tell him

izzyizin Sat 06-Oct-12 19:10:56

Hardly a 'huge' conversation, honey... you've stopped taking the pill and he doesn't use condoms and it seems to me that a chat about him being snipped is long overdue.

What are you going to do if nature doesn't intervene? Blame any weight gain on krispy kremes and wait until you're about to deliver before telling him dc3 is on the way?

Would your reluctance to tell him, and fear of his reaction, have anything to do with you not having spelled out in clear terms what not starting your new pack of pills could mean if he didn't assume responsibility for contraception?

s0fedup Sat 06-Oct-12 19:29:27

yes izzy, you are right in a way.
He will 100% say that I didnt tell him, but the reality is he probably didnt listen. He is not really interested and I know when I told him he was like 'oh'

izzyizin Sat 06-Oct-12 20:16:22

Wear body armour and a hard hat because chances are one whole heap of totally unfair blame is going to come raining down on you when you break the news.

s0fedup Sat 06-Oct-12 20:26:26

thats why i am so worried. It makes me so bloody angry though. He never listens to me, actually thats not true he does.
He listens but its not a converstaion, he is just waiting for me to finish what i am saying...

izzyizin Sat 06-Oct-12 21:06:17

Finish what you're saying and duck leave the room. Or write it out on a post-it note and stick it up his arse on his shaving mirror.

It's not going to be pretty but if you don't tell him sooner rather than later, that'll be another weapon you're handing him.

s0fedup Sat 06-Oct-12 21:30:13

your right i know. I just keeping hoping my boobs will suddenly blow up or some other obvious sign manifests itself so he 'discovers' it!! shock

M0naLisa Sat 06-Oct-12 21:55:53

Just sit him down and tell him
It takes two to tango or did he miss that sex education lesson at school angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now