Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Sofas and Slankets V Irregular choice shoes and Snogging - Dating Thread 23

(1000 Posts)
watchoutforthatsnail Fri 28-Sep-12 10:14:21

smile

Lueji Sat 29-Sep-12 16:20:28

Specifically on your wall, snape?

grin

just hanging around to find out the outcome of the novel

OhWesternWind Sat 29-Sep-12 16:22:33

Worley really sorry to hear that. What a bummer.

Snape any message or just the photo?? So many mixed messages here...

shuckleberryfinn Sat 29-Sep-12 16:36:53

hi everybody. <waves back>

So tomorrow is looking like quite a day for me. STBX has the kids from early till monday. I'm meeting the girl I had 1 date with and then decided she preferred her ex to do some training and then I have sexy funtime plans with the FWB.

I'm getting twinges just thinking about the fun we'll have.

OhWesternWind Sat 29-Sep-12 16:48:34

Bloody hell Shuckle that's some day you've got planned grin

KirstyWirsty Sat 29-Sep-12 18:09:05

Just marking my spot ..

I have been on 2nd date with Mr Cheeky (after telling him he was too pushy and I didn't like his cover story he has taken it all on board, has been very restrained and keen to let me dictate the pace and understood where I was coming from re arse-covering lies ).. Going on date 3 on Friday meanwhile the flirty texts are great fun smile

watchoutforthatsnail Sat 29-Sep-12 18:20:45

snaoe - regained the use of your legs yet? he does look very very nice.... smile i would.just saying smile

So - the beard, very nice. coiuld have stayed for hours, spent 3 as it was. AND HE BROUGHT ME A BIRTHDAY PRESENT!!! which, now im home and opened it, was a slection of cd's from a bandwe had talked about and a pirate birthday card, Very nice, bit shocked. Seems like a really nice guy, lots in common. Id like to see him again, i hope he feels the same.... but, well, you know how this stuff goes.
Meanwhile mrl has invited me and DD to his mums for dinner....

snapespeare Sat 29-Sep-12 18:28:57

Ds2 had plaited his hair last night, so he posted and tagged me, commenting on hairdo. He felt the need to do that shirtless.

We're just back from the gym, ds2 came swimming and they were both doing handstands. It's like being a family. (Sigh) then we played 'mini-no-hit-backs' (whoever sees a mini yells mini-no-hit-backs and slaps everyone else..) and we were play-fighting.

I want to lick him. blush have done notebook-of-the-day, but my photo bucket is a bit wonky, so you'll need to wait. wink have been teasing Him about birthday as we got in last night and notebook was on kitchen table. Texted him that it's a good job we were hammered last night as part of his birthday present was sat on the kitchen table all night (it wasn't, I scooped it up and hid it..) this is like birthday foreplay... Three weeks of teasing!

The prof is off to America for work for a week or two, been texting, not just filth, is nice.

moving. A lot of us feel a bit hmm when the date has wads of cash. You're not alone in feeling awkward. :-)

I now have wine and settling in for doctor who! :-) lovely day! :-)

snapespeare Sat 29-Sep-12 18:29:50

watch cross post!

DO THE PIRATE! DUMP THE PUPPY! smile

watchoutforthatsnail Sat 29-Sep-12 18:53:04

I've got to actually hear from him first though..... He may vanish into a barrel of rum and never be seen again....

Cant believe he got me a present... smile

MadameOvary Sat 29-Sep-12 18:53:17

Wow this thread is off to quite a start!
Worley so sorry. Chin up and tell yourself it's meant to be this way for someone even better to come along

Moving great news! Long may it last with Mr Wealthy! What does he do?

Snape Can we be friends on FB? so I can check out the legendary PM Or is that too stalkerish? And anyone else too! Don't worry you can say no in public grin

Sponge how are things? Sorry to hear about your crappy day.

Watch - the sense of weary resignation is just oozing from your post. Pleeeaaase dump him, asap. You are not responsible for his happiness. You are, however, responsible for your own!

Hello shuckleberry smile

Western - Yay! Good things happening!

I have a date tomorrow. Have cynically booked it at local sports club so if he doesn't show I'll be off for a swim. grin

snapespeare Sat 29-Sep-12 18:55:57

madameO absolutely, I'll (cough!) PM you... and if anyone else wants to be fb chums, just PM inbox me. :-)

OhWesternWind Sat 29-Sep-12 19:04:38

Mme O tell us more about the sports club guy ...

Watch pirate sounds good, fingers crossed Ditch the puppy, do it now as there's never ever a good time.

Kirsty sorry must have missed your post about Mr Cheeky's cover story. Doesn't sound great - what happened?

More nice texting today, he's away this weekend with family so no date til next week. Hes offered to drive over and pick me up on Tuesday -should I let him? (it's a lot of faffing for him, 20 mins there and back twice...)

watchoutforthatsnail Sat 29-Sep-12 19:15:45

Madam, find me from snapes fb. Initials nmj smile
Have a good date smile

I can't dump the puppy today, It's my birthday tomorrow and hes got me something, I would feel bad if I dumped him now as 1) he has spent money 2) if I dump after I.look like a gold digger.

ChaoticismyLife Sat 29-Sep-12 19:20:32

snape niiiiiiiiiiiice wink <confirmed stalker>

fayster Sat 29-Sep-12 19:39:20

Ooh ooh ooh, I want to see PM! I want to see PM!

Watch, do you have a history of staying in 'ok' relationships longer than you should? There will always be something coming up that makes it difficult. I think you have a planned event coming up that you don't want to cancel, but could you go as friends? And dumping him before your birthday means he could get a refund on the present or choose to give it to you anyway.

Worley, that's a shame, but chin up and tits out, love, and back out there you go.

Western, sounds promising....

Moving and Snape, so glad you said that about money - I had a date with a guy who was loaded (and also married, I suspect), and it did put me off (that and the married bit). I thought I must be a bit odd.

watchoutforthatsnail Sat 29-Sep-12 19:51:39

Fayster, no, not really. I Think It's because I know I'm his first proper girlfriend. And how besotted he is. He was saying This was his best ever summer because he met me..... He is going to be gutted.

AndLibbyMakesThree Sat 29-Sep-12 20:03:07

Oh no, I'm not on FB! I can't see PM!

Watch, Beard sounds nice - so sweet giving you a present!

Worley, ah, that's really disappointing. But, as others have said, onwards and upwards - at least you found out before you got more involved with him.

Sponge, hope the missing thing has turned up and you're having a better day.

Moving and Western, things are sounding promising!

No action here. The highlight of the day was the Sainsbury's delivery man, who smelt lovely (it's been over a year since I had so much as a snog, can you tell?) and the arrival of the local cat, so at least I have someone to cuddle this evening!

Movingforward123 Sat 29-Sep-12 20:11:42

western thank you for the advice smile

well i've been speaking with my mum all day about mr wealthy. he was texting me earlier then didn't chat much all day. and i started to think oh no, what if he has gone off me?

but he called me a little while ago to say he is sooo tired and has to go out to a friends birthday and he really doesnt want to go. i'm not surprised he is tired as we were up till very late last night, and he night before on the phone until 3am.

Movingforward123 Sat 29-Sep-12 20:22:03

madame he is a area manger in a classy retail store, he overs sees a few of the shops. he is really intelligent and driven. smile

snapespeare Sat 29-Sep-12 20:30:06

madameO. Can't find you... There must be less of me, than there is of you... ;-).

MirandaWest Sat 29-Sep-12 20:32:05

Have been lurking here as not exactly sure I totally belong any more (do rather seem to be having a Relationship shock ) but if no one objects I'll stay lurking around for now.

Have now seen PM on snapes fb - thank you smile Very nice wink

Watch have sent you a friend request (initials are KT). I probably agree that finishing with MrL needs to happen soon but can equally see how it isn't that simple sad

watchoutforthatsnail Sat 29-Sep-12 20:47:14

ah miranda - thats you, thanks for saying, thought you were madam o! hows it going with mr nice?
and of course still hang here, its nice to chat smile

MadameOvary Sat 29-Sep-12 21:23:35

Snape I can't find you on FB? There is only one and it aint you confused

MadameOvary Sat 29-Sep-12 21:37:33

Watch ta, have FR'd you smile

MadameOvary Sat 29-Sep-12 21:42:34

Oh please please can we start a secret FB group! I am coming across so many delightful specimens on OKC grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.