Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Laying AnyFucker to rest....

(637 Posts)
AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 09:13:21

Please forgive this self-indulgent thread, it is only my second in several years, so I am owed one I think smile

A thread I was on last night made me finally realise that the ridiculously-ballsy caricature of a reputation that goes before
this name was devaluing the message I was trying to convey. It was the gaslighting one, FWIW, but this isn't really about that.

I am not going anywhere, I love MN too much but AF has to go smile

Just wanted to get it off my chest, and hopefully stop the "where is AF" speculation that sometimes can go along with a prolific poster suddenly stopping posting.

See yas around smile

GandalfyCarawak Tue 15-Feb-11 09:15:46

No! Nonononononononono! NOOOOOOOO!

GypsyMoth Tue 15-Feb-11 09:16:16

So who will you become?

Sonnet Tue 15-Feb-11 09:18:42

Great decision grin

I have an opinion of you and therefore your postings because of your name which is probably far from the truth.

Look forward to the reincarnation grin

fridascruffs Tue 15-Feb-11 09:19:27

You'll be easy enough to spot...)

I can usually spot your posts without reading the posters name so if a new poster turns up with the same style and good advice a lot of us will guess its you, even if you are called FluffyBunnikinsLovesEveryone!

Katisha Tue 15-Feb-11 09:21:51

Gissa clue AF!

Hullygully Tue 15-Feb-11 09:23:19

Why not just be AF? <can never remember name changes>

batman47555 Tue 15-Feb-11 09:23:35

don't leave me AF
xxx
BATTY

Magna Tue 15-Feb-11 09:24:17

grin @*LostIn*

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 09:24:24

Am going to have some fun with names for a little while. Not teasing, honestly, not trying to make people guess. I haven't namechanged (except the seasonal ones) for about 3 years.

You will probably spot me, you can't change a basic personality hmm

Hullygully Tue 15-Feb-11 09:26:06

cunt

goodbye then

<storms off>

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 09:26:06

it's ok, batman, I will probably still kick your daft arse smile

Anniegetyourgun Tue 15-Feb-11 09:26:07

Won't you be my AuntyFucker any more?

sad

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 09:26:59

hully...it's not all about you

cowbag

PurplePillow Tue 15-Feb-11 09:27:19

sad sad sad

Will miss seeing you around, your name always makes me smile, not brave or clever enough to come up with a name anywhere as good as yours blushgrin

<sniff>

Liked AnyFucker. sad

Hullygully Tue 15-Feb-11 09:27:49

Oh?

I have been seriously misinformed. Humph.

hobbgoblin Tue 15-Feb-11 09:27:57

I think it's a great idea. Your advice is very often excellent but for long term posters it could be easy to ignore when it isn't what they want to hear as it could be written off as 'that person with those hard line views' iyswim.

I reckon you will be quite recognisable though as would dittany and expat, etc.

<dons black armband> AnyFucker shall be missed by her MN associates, and her name shall linger in the Legend. Farewell, my straight talking cyber friend <lays wreath>

justabit Tue 15-Feb-11 09:32:14

I like the AF persona. Robust common sense and all that.

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 09:33:28

hobb...you have it

although last night my advice was written off as not hardline enough for me when I really believe it was sound

so, time to change

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 09:33:55

so, not just about the "name"

oh good - that means that someone else may win the best Christmas name comp this year grin wink

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 09:35:08

chickens smile

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 09:35:59

baroque...I shall still win, with a different name wink

< lays down gauntlet >

Oh fucking hell

Thank GOD you are not going anywhere

That is a very shock thread title

Some names become oddly comforting to see around, yours is one of them, I hope you are not hard to spot.

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 09:38:26

I nearly called the hread "AnyFucker Must Die" but thought that could be construed as even more attention seeking grin

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 09:39:13

I really should get the t key fixed

BibiBlocksberg Tue 15-Feb-11 09:39:14

<lays another wreath> <throws earth on the AF coffin>

<sobs> <sobs some more> <pours wine on top of earth>

<sobs even more>

Runoutofideas Tue 15-Feb-11 09:40:03

You just want the chance for your words of wisdom to finally make it into the papers, don't you?

MrsDollFace Tue 15-Feb-11 09:40:52

This is a sad sad day

MOSP Tue 15-Feb-11 09:41:17

OK, you have my permission to name change. On one condition: you must PM everyone and let them know who you are.

RIZZ0 Tue 15-Feb-11 09:41:32

I've just gone off my breakfast... sad

I suppose it seems a bit harsh to people who don't know why you're called it, but naming yourself that was was borne out of a nice gesture innit.

<sigh>

hobbgoblin Tue 15-Feb-11 09:41:44

t key isn't going to help your reincarnation efforts!!!

I started to read the gaslighting thread but not got to the end so not sure what your advice was.

But I can understand wanting to avoid: 'AF - synonymous with...' scenario.

What about KillBill as name? wink

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 09:43:09

Fluffiness is required, no more kick-ass personas grin

Blackduck Tue 15-Feb-11 09:44:46

AF why are/were you called AF (which BTW when abbreviated like that has a whole other connotation)

ShirleyKnot Tue 15-Feb-11 09:45:36

sad BOO!

But at least you're not leaving!

so YAY!

RIZZ0 Tue 15-Feb-11 09:46:51

Fluffiness is required, no more kick-ass personas

Anyfeather? Aaaaaaaaah grin

RIZZ0 Tue 15-Feb-11 09:47:10

Anyfluffer wink

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 09:47:28

BD, the story is that a lovely poster came back to MN after a break and said "I don't know any fucker any more sad "

So I name changed (from a previous name) to AnyFucker and said "you know me".

And it stuck. For 3 years shock

AnyBlighter? SomeTwit? AnyCad? SomeRogue?

<Offers fluffier options>

Blackduck Tue 15-Feb-11 09:48:40

Ahhh...proves you are quite fluffy really

BibiBlocksberg Tue 15-Feb-11 09:49:11

"Anyfluffer " - ha ha ha ha!!

<tries to wipe images of a certain job in a certain industry from her mind>

<tries to stop typing things in brackets>

<fails>

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 09:50:27

fluffing is the term my MIL uses for farting grin

NOOOOO dont do it
I dont think youor a hard arse bitch because of your name
I WUV OOOOO

dont do it
pleeeeeeeaaaaaaase

I'll never find yoy again, I'm useless at seeing people in different naems

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

RIZZ0 Tue 15-Feb-11 09:53:15

At my first place of work I have the nickname Fluffer by a group of males hmm When I used to ask why, I got patted on the head and told it ws because I was always tidying and "fluffing" things. Then they would snigger.

Ah, I was innocent once...

LadyBiscuit Tue 15-Feb-11 09:53:57

It's still a fart, whatever it's called. I'm crap at spotting people but shall be looking out for you in your new incarnation

I'm surprised you're letting someone get to you that you'd change your name ?

You can't hide from us so why try !!!!

Ooh! Ooh! Become TheArtist (formally known as AnyFucker), or Tafkaf for short. Or the AdviceFairy (does what it says on the tin).

TobyLerone Tue 15-Feb-11 09:58:01

I'll be sad at the demise of AnyFucker. I hope that with the name change doesn't come an entire change of personality. AnyFucker reminds me a lot of myself. And to be honest, I think MN needs a little more no-nonsense, unfluffy commenting.

'Tis the end of an era.

ThePosieParker Tue 15-Feb-11 10:00:59

I completely understand and agree that your name is very easy to remember, although the tone of your posts is more identifiable with no nonsense stemming from the content rather than your name. I sometimes think we live up to the caricature we create on here, Posie is a persona to an extent.

I like seeing Anyfucker about. I like the fact that you told HQ you had a right to any name you wanted when the fluffier ones wanted to rid the swearing from nn. Its never the same when well known names dissappear.

Don't let the fuckers get you down. What about AnyFuckerListening?

caramelwaffle Tue 15-Feb-11 10:02:27

RIP

<crosses self>
<sniff>

So....FluffyBunnyWonderKins perhaps(?)

smile

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 10:02:40

pwg, some one hasn't got to me

a situation did

her name will not grow old as ours do
age will not wither her acerbic threads
At the going down of the sun..

buuuu buuurrrrrr
buuuu buuurrrrrr
buur bur bur ber ber berbereber

etc

kettlecrisps Tue 15-Feb-11 10:04:28

Another one here that loves your style AF. I don't see it as blunt in the aggressive sense. You are blunt, but in the way that common sense often is.

No-one likes to see what's staring us in the face and people often try to dress it up as something else etc. You question and dismantle "safe" points of view. You don't bully, you say what YOU would do in that situation. Quite often people get defensive about your POV as I think they haven't worked out yet what they will and won't put up with in a relationship. Nor have they questioned really deeply why they put up with certain stuff. I think quite a few of your critics probably find their mind keep coming back to something you've said as it will have planted a seed for them to question.

The other day on Solo's thread (waves to Solo) someone mentioned how important it is that something is hard won to be really cherished. People don't value things given away freely.

Your advice is along the same lines - no games to be played - merely demanding the respect you deserve in a relationship and keeping your self esteem very much in tact. All as important whether in a relationship or not.

Challenging POVs in relationships is the only way they grow. When I was younger I used to listen to ladies 15/20 years older than me. It's only over the last few years that a lot of what they said is coming back to me and I really respect them sharing their wisdom.

The same with your advice I think really - it's just some of the people won't be thanking you for about 15 years yet!

I love the way you are consistent. I think there will be a lot of ladies out there quietly reading and mentally pulling themselves up to their full height and saying "you know what I don't HAVE to put up with it do I"?.

Look forward to seeing your common sense prevailing albeit under a different name and I understand what you say about the caricature other people start to create and feeling wary of dancing to the tune now.

However you care and it shows. Hat off to you lady.

PS My style is far too long winded meaning I can't post very often - maybe should change my name to to waffle (still within food theme)....

Oh god Posie, the stick you got for your name last week, THAT was funny

It is true that I have taken a greater interest in all things plumbing since this incarnation

LtEveDallas Tue 15-Feb-11 10:08:49

AnyFarquhar?

AnyFlipper?

AnyFluffyWuffyBunnys?

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 10:09:52

kc, thanks

plupervert Tue 15-Feb-11 10:09:56

This hard, straight thinking, applied to yourself, does you credit. Enjoy your search for a new name!

JaxTellersOldLady Tue 15-Feb-11 10:14:11

Anyfucker, I like your advice, I especially liked it when I was moaning about something - a NON something and you came and told me to stop reading too much into relationships threads and that my marriage was fine.

I hope I still recognise you when you change your name. Pretty sure I will.

But you shouldnt go changing for anyone, except yourself. wink

yeah it must be irritating being told what you should say only based on your past posts on here.

I'd like to add on a personal note (just making this about me) that you and other women on here as regular posters and personalities really helped me through a very drak time at the beginning of last year.

I came to terms with a lot just from reading your advice to others and seeing examples of strong women who refuse to be victims and will support others through horrible shit.

So thank you anyfucker and rip x

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 10:16:06

thanks

noddyholder Tue 15-Feb-11 10:17:51

You will be like samson cutting his hair.Don't!

ThePosieParker Tue 15-Feb-11 10:21:34

Can you choose something ironic? Like Selectivefrigidwoman or SpecificallyVirgin?

Or nearly another poster that's also identifiable, like ScottishDaddy and be very anti women working or Quintocento and think women should stay in the home, Or FrauQueen and be completely broke and unglamorous!!

Tellmewheredowegofromhere Tue 15-Feb-11 10:22:13

The right decision for the right reasons. I'm glad you never bent to pressure on morality grounds. That would have been the wrong choice.

But I agree that your advice is sometimes dismissed as "oh that's just AF giving her set 'leave him' advice" when actually your reasons and concerns are as valid as anyone else's on the thread.

AF I remember the thread where you became AnyFucker, I was there at your birth

You've helped me through the worst few years of my life.

And now I'm here at the end

<lays a single white lily on the ground and walks away>

Ah no. Can't do sombre

<kicks lily>

See you around my lovely

Pinner35 Tue 15-Feb-11 10:22:22

Tafkaf is a great name.....

RIZZ0 Tue 15-Feb-11 10:24:01

Don't forget the * !!!

wink

Aitch Tue 15-Feb-11 10:28:36

agree with talkme, it's a good decision, your name has never reflected your posting style, AF, and made you too easy to dismiss as a pointlessly aggressive person.

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 10:29:54

took me a while, eh, aitch ? grin

GettinganIcyGrip Tue 15-Feb-11 10:30:28

AF, I understand what you are saying, but I think that the person you were trying to help has their own issues, and this does not reflect on you at all.

Have you read the rest of the thread? Others have the same feeling as you. I think the person was possibly winding you up for their own reasons. I'm not saying deliberately, but they are certainly in huge denial.

Anyway. I look forward to your new incarnation.

Perhaps we should have a competition...spot the anyfucker?

ThePosieParker Tue 15-Feb-11 10:31:10

I was wondering when Aitch would pop up!![looks round for party poppers] And I wonder if you'll make the weekly round up, you've got to haven't you.

Aitch Tue 15-Feb-11 10:32:03

but you know that was always my reasoning... pointlessly swearie names imo either mask good posters or give undue attention to attention-seeking ones.

I too understand, and don't you dare be a stranger eh?

Aitch Tue 15-Feb-11 10:33:35

if you have rekcuf in the name, people would know it was you?

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 10:33:36

GAIG...that is my point

That person did try to wind me up based on a ridiculous caricature that was nothing to do with the case in point

other issues aside, the message I had was lost in that, if not for her (thinking lost cause...for now) but for others sad

ThePosieParker Tue 15-Feb-11 10:35:18

I hope Riven has secretly done the same, despite our falling out I know MN was a valuable source of support and feeling human for her....

Mouseface Tue 15-Feb-11 10:35:45

Ah. I thought this might happen. Fair play to you. smile

Huge unMN hugs to you lady xx

<cries>

grin

AF

It may be the right thing to do, but i'll never be able to say to myself "Just do what any fucker suggests!" with comic hilarity, ever again. And that is a tragic loss.

You're one of the good ones.

I think you even slapped me once

Something tells me you'll be recognised. But I'll duly mourn your passing.

I love pointlessly sweary names, exactly because they are pointless. There is too much squeamishness surrounding swearing imo.

You will be missed AF. As a not-so-frequent-poster-anymore, I like seeing names I recognise. I won't recognise you in your new guise because I never recognise anyone under another name (cod excepted). Can you tell us who you used to be before AF now? It has always intrigued me.

MadameOvary Tue 15-Feb-11 10:44:08

Shame about losing the name but as long as you're still around.
I always like your advice because it's well-written, well presented and you write to inform others about the benefits of being in a relationship where trust, self-respect and respect in general are of premier importance.

Sometimes we need that example.

BibiBlocksberg Tue 15-Feb-11 10:44:40

Better go and burn my WWAFD (What would AnyFucker do) bracelet then I suppose.

sad angry sad

i've always thought of your name in the Everywoman sense, right down to the demotic: am actually a bit sad about this. oh well, plus ca change or whatever.

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 10:47:04

grin

DG, no it was too boring and about 3 years ago now. I also had all the posts deleted (don't ask smile )

NancyDrewHadaClue Tue 15-Feb-11 10:47:23

FWIW I don't like the name anyfucker. Although I now appreciate the sentiments behind it, initially I was turned off by the seemingly gratuitous fuck.

But, I love (and I mean absolutely full on snog on the lips love!) yor advice as AF and I don't think your advice is devalued by virtue of your name, although maybe it is in spite of it.

The fact is you give honest, up front, grab by the shoulders and shake advice and many posters especially those in the early stages of whatever trauma they are experiencing just don't want to hear it.

As someone who often shares, and occassionally expresses, the same views as you I can assure you that your advice is given far more credence and respect than many lesser known posters of the same view.

So I take your point but I hope people will come to respect and appreciate your ballsy advice under your new name, rather than dismissing you as an arsey bitch because you are not immediately recognisable.

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 10:48:15

aww, stripey, don't forget...'tis just words on a screen innit smile

piratecat Tue 15-Feb-11 10:49:03

awww, i like the trepidation when i post, waiting for you to enter the 'room'.

won't you feel weird not being AF?

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 10:50:53

rather than dismissing you as an arsey bitch because you are not immediately recognisable.

you see, being so recognisable as an arsey bitch has it's downsides

people stop listening smile

Laquitar Tue 15-Feb-11 10:54:03

No! i like the name.

But when i saw the title i thought you are leaving so i'm glad its only about the name.

Aitch Tue 15-Feb-11 10:54:58

see that's so weird, i think. i would never say you were an arsey bitch, i think of you as someone who presents really well-argued and sensible advice. not arsey at all.

piratecat Tue 15-Feb-11 10:55:28

can you be arseybitch then please .

grin

loopylou6 Tue 15-Feb-11 10:55:46

Have no idea what's happened but would just like to say that I've always liked you/your posts and I'm sad that you are changing as I won't know who you are after you've changed, (am crap with recognising) so take care, its been fun. X

piratecat Tue 15-Feb-11 10:56:54

i shall look forward to spotting you. it will be fun, esp if you go for the fluffy 'lambofgod' type names for a while.!!

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 10:57:15

If you read the thread I referred to aitch, you may see what I mean. It doesn't matter anyway. Plus ca change as some wise person just said.

Piscean73 Tue 15-Feb-11 11:06:39

AnyFucker I followed that thread and agreed with your opinion - it wasn't a diversion from the 'ballsy no shit' attitude because all you said was sometimes you have to cut your losses and get out of a situation - that actually takes more balls that staying and trying to play the player, so to speak. Your viewpoint was from experience.

New to all this (only been on here for 3 days on my sisters recommendation) and already I find your input very refreshing. So, name change or not I look forward to your frank and honest advice to others, and maybe for me at some stage

Tical Tue 15-Feb-11 11:09:13

Oh FFS. Now I will have to stop saying 'what AF said' and start actually typing proper responses. Thanks a bunch!

grin

IHateLivingHere Tue 15-Feb-11 11:10:08

[shocked] Noooooooooo! Don't do it - I love looking for your posts because you always say what I think, but am too scared to say!!

Or, if you must change, make it something easily recognisable for your (huge) fan club. Pleeeeeeeeease?

I love AnyFucker as a name, it's hilarious.

loves2cycle Tue 15-Feb-11 11:10:19

I like your posts too anyfucker

When I was having problems with my DH and pussyfooting around him, you told me to force the issue and I asked you how (because I really genuinely didn't know) and you told me in short, sharp, clear sentences. And I followed it exactly, like a recipe! It is a good tool to have in my armoury now - the forcing it one.

Thanks AF

NancyDrewHadaClue Tue 15-Feb-11 11:10:45

I don't think you are an arsey bitch.

Like I said I think you talk sense.

I was making the point that as an unknown poster I have on several occassions posted very similar views to you only to be dismissed/accused of being a bitch myself.

The default assumption is often that bluntness is nastiness and in some way unecessary.

As AF your views are afforded a certain amount of credence that others are not, because despite the fact that you are blunt your views are generally well respected. In other words you are one of very few people who can get away with saying what people don't want, but really ought to, hear.

IHateLivingHere Tue 15-Feb-11 11:10:50

Sorry, that should've been shock See what you made me do?

piratecat Tue 15-Feb-11 11:12:24

what Tical said !

superv1xen Tue 15-Feb-11 11:13:49

oh no!!!

well i hope that even though the name is changing, your fantastic, no nonsense advice stays.

rubyrubyruby Tue 15-Feb-11 11:15:43

Oh alright then <<hurumph>>

......... can you still be AnyF(something) though?

You are fab AF but I preferred your other names!

Well I look forward to seeing your new name.

RIP AnyFucker. <sobs> Not sure if Christmas will feel like christmas without AnyFuckerForAMincePie? wink

Bucharest Tue 15-Feb-11 11:22:01

Can't you be like Prince and have a sign so we still know you?

Of course we will still know you anyway, as others have said, whatever the name, you say what needs to be said, and I don't think the name (although I have sometimes changed pages when dd is reading over my shoulder grin) has devalued the message at all.

purplehatpipeandboots Tue 15-Feb-11 11:22:46

Change your name all you like, but to 'AnyFucker it' will always be a verb in this household.

MadameOvary Tue 15-Feb-11 11:24:42

I just read the thread that prompted this.
Fucking hell
Poor woman. She doesn't get it. sad
Can't say you didn't try.

BettyDouglas Tue 15-Feb-11 11:25:26

Anyfucker, I think I remember when you took the name?
Was it MB or someone who said I don't recognise anyfucker or know anyfucker and so you namechanged and said you know me?

Or have I imagined that? grin

WhenwillIfeelnormal Tue 15-Feb-11 11:27:51

I understand why you've done it. I can't remember a week like it on here, with posters starting threads for advice, receiving it in bucketloads and then becoming rude, arsey and passive-aggressive when that advice doesn't include staying and putting up with even more abuse. I've seen posters in denial - and those who admit they are not strong enough, but I've never seen quite so many bad-mannered, graceless and rude OPs to people whose only crime was that they spent time trying to help them angry.

Can I suggest that you give it a few days?

It might be the right decision, but as has been pointed out, there are consequences what ever you decide to do. You might lose the credibility conferred by your name and the aforementioned "rude" posters will be more easily able to dismiss your stance, but you might suffer fewer personal attacks by people who completely misunderstand you.

hesterprynne Tue 15-Feb-11 11:28:08

AnyFucker is dead, long live AnyFucker!

Weird how much this has upset me AF.

It's been an age since I've posted anything of worth, and you will have long forgotten me, but you once, in just a few sentences, revealed the root of my marriage's problems.

I'm still trying to follow your advice - not with a great deal of success, has to be said, but that's definitely not your fault.

I will hunt you down, and when I find you, I will get up the courage to post again, cos you won't be AF anymore, and so I can pretend your someone completely new I can bore to death my woes!

See how much you'll regret this decision then

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 11:28:25

thanks all, some nice things being said, hoping the backlash holds off, but it doesn't matter tbh

ABF I think I might wheel AFFAMP out, just for chrimbo, look out for it in Dec 2011 grin

BettyDouglas Tue 15-Feb-11 11:28:36

<doh>
Just now read the thread and realise you've already confirmed that. It was MB, wasn't it|?

ballstoit Tue 15-Feb-11 11:29:11

Noooo. You are the only one I remember for good reasons grin. Who will I say is my favourite mnetter now?

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 11:30:02

BD the poster was expatinscotland and yes, you are right smile

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 11:32:03

ballstoit you will move on

fickle, is what you are wink

BettyDouglas Tue 15-Feb-11 11:32:39

Oh, It was expat! For some reason I thought it was Martianbishop.

Do you know, I still remember when MB was HMB, before the infamous Tom Cruise thread. I am old and have been here too long.

BettyDouglas Tue 15-Feb-11 11:34:05

But I still need MN as I'm about to go back to work and didn't have a fecking clue about what you do with school aged children during the holidays!

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 11:34:08

WWIFN, thanks your summary is right I think

pros/cons...it don't matter really

the fact is though, I am feeling a bit burned out but will be back in a few days, after seeing this thread out today smile

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 11:35:28

HP I shall look out for you x

GwynAndBearIt Tue 15-Feb-11 11:40:39

AnyFucker - I have often thought of your posts 'oh that's a bit harsh' and then almost immediately 'actually that makes perfect sense/ is excellent advice'

I will miss thinking 'I agree with AnyFucker'

We can play a new game "AnyFucker, is that you?"

hesterprynne Tue 15-Feb-11 11:45:30

Aaargh. You're not your. I've sullied your thread, sorry

ballstoit Tue 15-Feb-11 11:45:30

hasterprynne reading AFs posts always reassures me that I did the best thing for my peeps by showing their Dad the door. In real life I dont admit that I still need reassuring.

ChippingInAuntyToThomas Tue 15-Feb-11 11:46:26

Very sad to see AnyFucker go... the end of an era

But glad you are staying

epicfail Tue 15-Feb-11 11:47:12

Bugger.

ChippyMinton Tue 15-Feb-11 11:48:05

Please can you retain your Xmas name though?

SpringHeeledJack Tue 15-Feb-11 11:53:23

sorry if this has already been said, but you are Anyfucker. You will then be <insert name here>

I think I mean that your name has nowt to do with your mn persona/personality, so changing it won't make a difference after 6 months or so. You will still be yourself/Anyfucker, whatever you change it to

<ties self in knots>

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 11:54:06

err, yes SHJ grin

SpringHeeledJack Tue 15-Feb-11 11:54:35

...also, think of all the time and aggro you've spent on holding onto the name. Shame for that to all go to waste!

BibiBlocksberg Tue 15-Feb-11 11:54:58

"Can't you be like Prince and have a sign so we still know you?"

Great idea!! That or a set of numbers which when viewed upside down make a word.

Like those calculator favourites (boobless etc) grin

Hullygully Tue 15-Feb-11 11:55:05

That SHJ has always been like, rilly profound...

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 11:56:16

it's not wasted, really

it's always mine

I could pull it out at opportune moments grin

SpringHeeledJack Tue 15-Feb-11 12:01:35

ach, you know what I mean

it'll just be like Norwich Union changing their name to Aviva

grin

ChaoticAngelofAnarchy Tue 15-Feb-11 12:02:48

Any Fucker will always be Any Fucker whatever the name....and thank fuck for that wink

Plus the t (or lack of it) grin

Seriously though, I'm currently single but I've read a lot of threads on here and the advice given by AF (and others) has made me question what I want and would accept in a relationship. That has helped me to be confident that when I do, eventually, enter a relationship I will know what I want from it and what I will, and won't, accept. However, I'm also realistic enough to know that there may be times when I will need advice from some of the wise posters on here, including some straight talking of the kind that AF gives.

AF, whatever name you choose, if ever I'm on here looking for advice I'm hoping I can rely on you to give me some of that no nonsense wisdom that you have given to many others.

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 12:07:13

thanks

LoopyLoopsHulaHoops Tue 15-Feb-11 12:07:15

Please let me know your new name. brew

Mouseface Tue 15-Feb-11 12:11:11

brew? Are you mad loopy? We need wine to send AF off, surely? grin

ChaoticAngelofAnarchy Tue 15-Feb-11 12:14:18

winewinewinewinewinewinewinewine[w ine]winewinewinewinewine

What else grin

ChaoticAngelofAnarchy Tue 15-Feb-11 12:15:05

Don't know how I managed that seeing as I c&p'd hmm

Mouseface Tue 15-Feb-11 12:17:22

Chaotic

You can only get 8 glasses of wine in a row before MN breaks up the line.

Might a good thing? Having the break? grin

Mumsnut Tue 15-Feb-11 12:18:36

AnyFarker?

Polaris Tue 15-Feb-11 12:20:44

Gosh AF. Shocker! I have been on the receiving end of a few berratings in the past from AF. Bye bye...!

Well anyfucker is an anagram of creakyfun - you could go with something like that grin

<cackles>

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 12:24:41

wmmc... genius grin

kinda sums me up..

Malificence Tue 15-Feb-11 12:25:09

Can we have a competition to choose a new name? <needy and over involved> smile

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 12:27:10

here comes the other creakyfun lady grin

It's only a posting name AF ( unless you've got anyfucker on your passport ) - if your advice is good and people like what they see - it really doesn't matter what your name is - ( I've always steered clear of the relationship section, all too complicated for me )

fruitshootsandheaves Tue 15-Feb-11 12:33:54

FannyUkker?

or other anagrams
Car Key Fun
A Funky Rec grin

I don't mind you changing your name, but hope you will let us know what the new one is, as I like reading your helpful advice.

MrsDollFace Tue 15-Feb-11 12:45:21

Think I have spotted you. I am usually rubbish at spotting name changers so hope I am right and I can be utterly utterly smug grin

MrsDollFace Tue 15-Feb-11 12:47:01

confused maybe you haven't got a new guise yet and i've just imagined it all

<<deflated>>

ChaoticAngelofAnarchy Tue 15-Feb-11 12:47:16

Mouseface

Oh, yes, definitely a good thing grin

<shudders at the thought of the hangover after so much wine>

Mouseface Tue 15-Feb-11 12:49:00

grin

Tiredmumno1 Tue 15-Feb-11 12:53:48

Aww anyfucker, tis gonna be weird not seein the name around, have ya told the benchers

Miss it already sad

grin

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 12:59:23

MrsD..you are mistaken grin

TMno1...would be scared to show my face on the bench. I have been neglecting it of late blush

MrsDollFace Tue 15-Feb-11 13:00:08

Fark grin

batman47555 Tue 15-Feb-11 13:01:48

perhaps new name manyfucker
xxx

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 13:01:53

fark ? grin

ChippedChinaTeaCup Tue 15-Feb-11 13:04:36

I'll miss the name but hopefully I'll still recognise you.

I'm sorry you're feeling burned out, but understand it.. you give so much to this site it's bound to take a toll at some point. Please don't stay away too long though.

I owe you a helluva lot AF - more than you know and I'll always appreciate that AnyFucker got me through some tough times

nickelbabe Tue 15-Feb-11 13:07:49

can you put AnyFucker in your little status description?
then we'll know it's you by hovering over you (oo-er)

nickelbabe Tue 15-Feb-11 13:08:28

or sign all your posts AF?

then you'll look like you're having a period all thetime grin

caramelwaffle Tue 15-Feb-11 13:11:29

(new name)

Tiki (?)

T key... Geddit?

<slinks off to do...something or t'other>

grin

AF is dead

Long Live AF

I am always interested to read what you have written on any one particular subject. You do not do fluffy.

Tiredmumno1 Tue 15-Feb-11 13:14:54

You are loved on the bench af grin

I can tell them if ya like,

Cant wait to bump into you again, you have to lurk on the bench, to keep up with my news, i am booked in for my c-section on 7th smile

getoffme Tue 15-Feb-11 13:20:22

i don't think why you should change your name, but anyhow, let us know what the new one is, i don't want to go around guessing you... or i should miss you, you might be a bit brutal sometimes but you are usually right, or at least in a way...

i loved the name, btw!

nickelbabe Tue 15-Feb-11 13:24:09

hang on a minute!!
i've just realised a bigbigbigbigbigbigbig positive for me with AF changing her name - i'll get to win the bloomin' christmas name change competition!
(next year, maybe - i've already though of my name)

LisasCat Tue 15-Feb-11 13:26:48

I think you've made a wise decision. In the Ed Vaizey chat you made a couple of very salient points which I don't think he answered seriously. His response implied he was treating you as a bit of a joke, because of your name.

Or maybe I just don't like Ed Vaizey and try to find fault with everything he does.

solo Tue 15-Feb-11 13:27:54

shock oh! never thought I'd see the day...

FoundWanting Tue 15-Feb-11 13:28:07

You'll always be Jeff to me.

batman47555 Tue 15-Feb-11 13:31:15

but really AF you are such an attention seeker, did you have a thread about yourself last week too?
or was that started by someone else!

Rhadegunde Tue 15-Feb-11 13:32:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

InstructionsToTheDouble Tue 15-Feb-11 13:34:24

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

GertieWooster Tue 15-Feb-11 13:39:51

Ditto what ballstoit said. I am truly grateful for your insight.

please keep the seasonal names <begging>

ChippingInAuntyToThomas Tue 15-Feb-11 13:47:38

To try and please me
You never have before....

Mouseface Tue 15-Feb-11 13:51:45

<sings>

"Don't go changing, to try and please me
You never let me down before
Don't imagine you're too familiar
And I don't see you anymore
I wouldn't leave you in times of trouble
We never could have come this far
I took the good times, I'll take the bad times
I'll take you just the way you are

Don't go trying some new fashion
Don't change the color of your hair
You always have my unspoken passion
Although I might not seem to care

I don't want clever conversation
I never want to work that hard
I just want someone that I can talk to
I want you just the way you are.

I need to know that you will always be
The same old someone that I knew
What will it take 'till you believe in me
The way that I believe in you.

I said I love you, and that's forever
And this I promise from the heart
I could not love you any better
I love you just the way you are."

grin

Mwah to you AF xx

Mouseface Tue 15-Feb-11 13:52:14

Sorry Chippin - X posted blush

everythingchangeseverything Tue 15-Feb-11 13:55:18

So pleased you are going to stick around. I have really benefitted from your straight talking, even though it's not easy to read sometimes. So thanks.

ChippingInAuntyToThomas Tue 15-Feb-11 13:57:04

Mouse - it's OK I was playing the one badly remembered line at a time game grin You just did the job in one hit!

<Has to confess to loving Billy Joel>

Mouseface Tue 15-Feb-11 13:58:42

grin Chipping

I love him too. smile

HHLimbo Tue 15-Feb-11 14:05:41

(;_;)

Mouseface Tue 15-Feb-11 14:10:12

confused

toomanystuffedbears Tue 15-Feb-11 14:12:08

Salute AnyFucker.
<<shaka>> for your vacation! grin

Thanks for the advice here, even though you probably weren't intending to give any.

Thought I had the problem of invisible ink, but it is the abundance of fluff in my name!

Thanks!

TorturedBonsai
(will never reach full potential, but prized anyway)

PercyPigPie Tue 15-Feb-11 14:16:51

[Sob]. Tone it down a bit maybe? - 'Fucker' instead?

ImFab Tue 15-Feb-11 14:18:39

Thank God you are not leaving shock.

I first saw your name and thought it was awful and therefore you must be blush. It is only today that I have discovered why you named yourself AnyFucker.

You know I am a huge fan but have only ever guessed someone's name changed twice so please PM me your new name. Thank you.

smile.

piratecat Tue 15-Feb-11 14:20:39

that's it tho, AF wants to be anon again. so that her words count more than her rep.

Rhinestone Tue 15-Feb-11 14:25:14

Nooooooo! AnyFucker is the best name ever!

BelleDameSansMerci Tue 15-Feb-11 14:25:28

AF... sad

Darling, beautiful, effortlessly graceful AF. <sobs>

Actually, you'll still be you, though, and we haven't lost you.

MadAboutQuavers Tue 15-Feb-11 14:37:15

AF

We'll still recognise you due to your dodgy "t"

You can't hide from us

Thankfully smile

Noooooo!

What will I do with the WWAFD wristbands I have had made up? grin

I'm disappointed after you stood your ground when MNHQ wanted you to namechange to something more laydee-like.

MummieHunnie Tue 15-Feb-11 15:05:11

Just spotted this, wow! She was goading you last night as I think she is with others today, if this is what you want to do then go for it.

SarahStrattonHasNiceBears Tue 15-Feb-11 15:27:18

I like your name. I'm glad you're not going, you are a good value poster. Can I have a pm please when you decide who you are going to be.

And who is it that is doing the goading?

Mouseface Tue 15-Feb-11 15:35:19

Sarah - gaslighting thread, relationships.

SarahStrattonHasNiceBears Tue 15-Feb-11 15:47:31

Thanks mouseface, off for a look...

madonnawhore Tue 15-Feb-11 15:51:53

Not sad cos we'll be able to spot you a mile off with those sticky 'Ts' of yours.

LindenAvery Tue 15-Feb-11 15:55:36

WHAT? End of an ERA......metamorphosis into another or don an alias?

SarahStrattonHasNiceBears Tue 15-Feb-11 16:12:17

Ah yes, see what you mean. I will still miss AF and look forward to my new sport of AF spotting

[saddo emoticon]

Mouseface Tue 15-Feb-11 16:20:41

Maybe we should run a book on it? How many days until AF is spotted?

The money could go to charity grin

JustForThisOne Tue 15-Feb-11 16:31:44

hemm...
has she already passed ? blushsad

TorturedBonsai Tue 15-Feb-11 16:37:50

Awwwe, what about
Little Fuckers Day Care?
<<sniggering tears>> grin

It is a good and important point, AnyFucker.
Your identity is solid, sound, awe inspiring, reveared even in the most respectful way.

Your emotional intelligence is off the top of the charts. It is a challenge to educate people who are in deep voodoo, yet you have perservered time and again and helped so many people.

Yet, not everyone is reachable for whatever reason (they can not be basically honest with themselves). Instead of taking the lesson for themselves, whether they are the OP or not, their brain chooses a superficial path to retaliate based on anonymous (and superficial) nicknames. It is pathetic. And yet ginormously ironic as these are the folks that need help the most-to get past the supeficial and address the core of the issue.

By Any Name, lead on AnyFucker.

robberbutton Tue 15-Feb-11 16:40:21

Nothing witty to say, just wanted to add my voice to those saying 'we love you AF'

Won't forget your kind posts on my thread, will see if I can spot you.

ScaredOfCows Tue 15-Feb-11 16:41:56

Sooooo, have you done it yet??? Are you regenerated?

I'm more of a lurker than a poster - but I'm really sad to see the end of AF. I was nearly late for nursery pick up with the shock of it all grin.

I'm looking forward to her re-incarnation though. <having a dr who moment>

Have a wine or two, hope you come back soon feeling refreshed and ready with your fuckwit radar on high alert.

I just had a thought - will the AnyFucker nickname be protected. I don't want any fucker being AnyFucker IYSWIM?

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 16:56:15

Thanks for the good wishes appearing while I have been out shopping at my high-class retail venues...BM Home Stores, Matalan and Morrison's, natch

TorturedBonsai you are crazy but inspired grin

batman no, t'wasn't me

LisasCat I have never done any MN webchats, let alone Ed Vaizey, always thought I wouldn't be allowed smile

TMno1 good luck with the C-section

everyone else cheers

HeartShapedValiumSandwich Tue 15-Feb-11 16:58:39

You are the poster I always agree with (even if you don't always agree with me).

I'll spot you I hope!

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 17:00:03

shg...yes the AnyFucker(tm) name will always be mine

along with it's seasonal variations which will get the appropriate airings perhaps...I have awards you know wink

TorturedBonsai Tue 15-Feb-11 17:01:08

grin

ninah Tue 15-Feb-11 17:02:03

memorabilia merchandising opportunity?

ImFab Tue 15-Feb-11 17:02:59

<tries not to sulk that AF hasn't noticed my post as I know how popular busy she is>

Phew! grin

I don't want any fake AnyFuckers.

Here's to AnyFucker wine, may she rest in peace.

nickelbabe Tue 15-Feb-11 17:04:23

no! I forbid that - I posted about it, earlier!
much as i love you, you're not allowed to beat me in the namechange comp again! it's not fair!

[sob sob sob sob sob]

nickelbabe Tue 15-Feb-11 17:04:31

<wail>

HeartShapedValiumSandwich Tue 15-Feb-11 17:06:22

just read the entire thread, and I am only agreeing with the majority here, but personally I never ever read your advice and thought, 'oh no don't leave'. You were only ever telling people not to put up with inequality, lack of respect etc....

People who were say 'ah don't be so harsh the poor man' were biscuit s.

HeartShapedValiumSandwich Tue 15-Feb-11 17:07:53

ps, i know that thing is suppose to look like a biscuit. but it doesn't. not to me.

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 17:09:03

ImFab, I saw you smile

nickelbabe...the chocolate truffles were really delicious, organic too wink

they don't do organic in BM Home Stores (fondles tins of Hot Dog sausages gently) so I was spoiled very nicely grin

MrsDeidreIppy Tue 15-Feb-11 17:09:06

FRUIT SHOOT

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 17:10:41

you fancy one, MDI, I have a caseful here...?

PinkIceQueen Tue 15-Feb-11 17:17:46

Ahem, this is rather a lot of fuss for the passing of a name wink

Think you were just about the first person to acknowledge my existence on here AF, so I look forward to spotting your new persona.

LisasCat Tue 15-Feb-11 17:18:15

Really? Oh well, someone definitely posted on there with a name that caught his attention before the content of their post. Sorry, I must be mis-remembering.

Now, can I be arsed to go and look it up.......?

Probably not.

WhatsWrongWithYou Tue 15-Feb-11 17:23:41

Look forward to spotting you around, AF - you're one of the reasons I rarely do more than lurk on Relationships threads; if anyfucker's already been on, it's all been said innit?

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 17:25:40

LisasCat, was it AnyFuleKno, she sometimes gets abbreviated to AF ?

fedupofnamechanging Tue 15-Feb-11 17:36:06

Your name made me laugh, and I find myself agreeing with you often. Will miss seeing it. Enjoy your future anonymity.

You know, it might be a wise move (although I love your name). I think longstanding inmates here know who you are and what you stand for in this virtual cell we have created for ourselves. However, others might not take you seriously with such a name, inspired as it is, though.

nickelbabe Tue 15-Feb-11 17:41:46

It is weird when people change names, though - there's another poster i know who changed her name for anonymity (can't spell it), and it was sooo nice when she went back to her proper name.
(but the name she chose was not like her iyswim, so you've got to choose something that reflects you.
and that doesn't lend itself so easily to good seasonal namechanges. wink )

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 18:08:47

nb...stop it grin

Scorps Tue 15-Feb-11 18:10:50

Well, I'm a bit sad, but i know you heart me so it's ok grin

Scorps Tue 15-Feb-11 18:12:01

(There were undercurrents of thankyous and etc in that message, y'know grin)

gomummygo Tue 15-Feb-11 18:34:19

<wails> But you had one of my favourite names, AF!

Hope we'll see the new incarnation on the bench, you are missed!

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 18:55:18

I am deffo coming back to the bench !

Yes, scorps, you know I heart you grin

ledkr Tue 15-Feb-11 19:01:04

AF are you mad? I joined mn when pg and old to get advice and used my kids initials to make user name.Then i realised the real mn and have since regretted not having a more <ahem> fitting name,and now you are wussing out and opting for a nice safe one.

Everyone just ignore her shes attention seeking or changing tack and wants to start posting on the houskeeping or cooking threads. grin grin grin

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 19:02:45

how do you know I don't already post on the hk and cooking threads ? hmm

and baby names, and knitting, and also Netmums of course

ledkr Tue 15-Feb-11 19:05:00

dont joke,i heard you got kicked off net mums cos of your offensive name.
<resumes ignoring af's attention seeking behaviour}

Well I get home from work to this! Our lives turn upside down. grin

Anyfucker I posted in my virginity on here in AIBU and you flayed me! But you know what, you talked sense love and gave me a diff view on the topic. First time someone has changed my mind with a good argument

I have to admit at first you scared the knickers off me! I haven't always agreed with you, well apart from ganging up on Solid for the swingers piss takes, but I have always seen and respected your POV.

Will the change happen at midnight? I have some left over fireworks in the cellar I could let off a damp squib at changeover hour.

<puts on Barry White CD> " don't gooooo changing, tryin to please me.......I love you just the way you are......

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 19:14:47

when I finally dump this name (when this thread dies) I shall go over to NetMums and offer my services, under this name

I think they are waiting to poach it, a bit like being headhunted, they neeeeed me grin

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 19:16:14

"swingers piss-takes"

< goes misty-eyed >

happy days grin

grin

ledkr Tue 15-Feb-11 19:23:33

i understand your reasons but name only scary till we know you we need to stil recognise who you are or it will be like a death,cant you tone it down such as "any copulator" or "any fornicator"

openerofjars Tue 15-Feb-11 19:23:55

<buys bunch of carnations>

<adds them to growing mountain of floral tributes>

sad

Being fearful of change, I will also miss that moment when the saloon doors are flung open on a thread, but all the best for your new name.

Oh do be gone, woman, this swan song has gone on far too long........................................
I read all this bla-de-bla this morning and cannot believe it is still here at 7.23pm.

Now just fuck off <in the nicest possible way>.

wink

ledkr Tue 15-Feb-11 19:25:51

swingers thread should be a classic,early wet myself on it.

ledkr Tue 15-Feb-11 19:27:11

any intercourser ?

YankNCock Tue 15-Feb-11 19:27:53

I can sort of understand why you're doing it. I can sympathise, what with me not being taken seriously in any discussion about porn or masturbation grin

But I will definitely miss the name and hope I will be able to spot your no-nonsense advice in your new guise. Can we still put an 'AnyFucker' name tag on you at meetups for old times' sake?

ledkr Tue 15-Feb-11 19:28:58

any focker, makes it more childlike and innocent x

cabbageroses Tue 15-Feb-11 19:36:48

Well, I never knew what you meant by AF- did you mean you were up for any fucker, or was it an aggressive rant at the world calling us all fuckers?
sorry if I am being dim, but it was never clear to me.

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 19:44:27

Yank, if you must, but only if you do grin

CR, neither of those things. Much more innocent than that smile

< wonders what goes on in CR's head >

Malificence Tue 15-Feb-11 19:56:21

Haven't you changed your bloody name yet woman?

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 19:59:53

I am seeing this thread out first

I have to extract as much attention out of it as I can

I am going for the record for most posts in an attention-seeking, self-indulgent, look-at-how-wonderful-I-am thread wink

Creakyfun Tue 15-Feb-11 20:00:43

Here we go then wink

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 20:02:12

aww, I was gonna use that one

serves me right for hanging about sad

SleepyCaz Tue 15-Feb-11 20:03:06

;)

Creakyfun Tue 15-Feb-11 20:04:45

I can make it available. For a small fee. It is Very Good.

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 20:04:58

there is always some bigger attention-seeking muppet than yourself, isn't there ?

< learns a lesson >

grin

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 20:06:00

Mal, gimme my name, it is an anagram innit, you robbing cowbag

grin

smokinaces Tue 15-Feb-11 20:11:14

I dont normally post on threads like this, but like the others AF I wanted to comment.

I have only posted on MN for a year or so, but you are one of the few posters here I respect. If skimming a thread and I see your post I can generally get an idea of whats going on. You are frank, honest, but can have a (dare I say it?!!) nice side too. I respect your postings and opinion, and hope even under a different name you are still the same.

<runs off again, as sure AF doesnt even know who I am>

smokinaces Tue 15-Feb-11 20:11:43

oh and the AF name? Fucking love it. Should stay IMO.

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 20:28:05

I have seen you, smokinaces < narrows eyes >

WhatsWrongWithYou Tue 15-Feb-11 20:30:06

Have to be FreakyCun then wink.

Malificence Tue 15-Feb-11 20:31:20

It's nothing to do with me, I've been watching Cougar Town! shock

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 20:32:11

some other cowbag nicked my name ? hmm

Tn0g Tue 15-Feb-11 20:32:14

You've always reminded of Desiderata in your posting style, funny and straight-talking.

I'd keep the name.

Malificence Tue 15-Feb-11 20:34:00

Less of the cowbag if you don't mind. envy
That's DH's pet name for me. wink (It really is).

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 20:34:46

I am keeping it. Just not using it (much) after this thread dies. No bugger else can have it anyway grin

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 20:36:08

That's 'cos you is a cowgirl mal wink

thanks Tnog but Desi is much scarier than me, she is proper frightening

Malificence Tue 15-Feb-11 20:39:38

Yeeehaw! grin
Must be the chaps and spurs.

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 20:41:06

please < bleaches brain >

SpeedyGonzalez Tue 15-Feb-11 20:46:40

Hey, AnyFucker! Long time!

If you're still looking for a new name, can I offer QualquiereConnace? It's an approximate French translation - "Any(female)Wanker". 'Fraid I don't know how to say 'Fucker' in French, but at least my alternative is not that far off the meaning...give or take a person grin

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 20:52:06

blimey what a mouthful, speedy grin

I had a name...somebody stole it angry grin

CheerfulV Tue 15-Feb-11 20:54:23

AF! You can't go... Although I will have fun trying to work out who you are after this thread.

MigratingCoconuts Tue 15-Feb-11 20:55:02

Wow! and we only just met!!

Thanks for all the good times and I am really looking forward to spotting you!

It will be weird for you to be all seeing but kind of invisible too wink

have a wine from me..or winewine!

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 20:56:09

this one would do for friday nights....

VaTeFaireEnculer

Very rude.

dearprudence Tue 15-Feb-11 20:56:13

Ah, shite. You're going. I know, not you exactly, but the AF persona.

I lurk a lot on the relationship boards but don't post much. I think you'll be missed.

(I will definitely still spot you though)

plupervert Tue 15-Feb-11 20:57:09

I thought it was spelled connasse (con being the masculine)

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 20:57:10

thanks guys

MigratingCoconuts Tue 15-Feb-11 21:00:58

<strops off to read the 'gaslight thread...>

Sequins Tue 15-Feb-11 21:02:34

I will miss your posting name, I have to say

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 21:04:29

MC...come back...it's not just that, really

cyb Tue 15-Feb-11 21:05:43

Blimey, havent you gone yet?

grin

Lougle Tue 15-Feb-11 21:08:47

AF - Glad you are staying, and glad your name is changing, if only because I can't stand typing it grin

You can't change who you are, which is a good thing. You are just changing the presentation a little bit.

ChaoticAngelofAnarchy Tue 15-Feb-11 21:09:01

"I am going for the record for most posts in an attention-seeking, self-indulgent, look-at-how-wonderful-I-am thread wink"

Not enough posts yet? winkgrin

LoveBeingADaddysGirl Tue 15-Feb-11 21:09:39

I will allow you to change your name on one condition, anyfucker pops back from time to time

ALittleBitFragile Tue 15-Feb-11 21:11:22

Well, I'm another who will miss you. You helped me (when I went by another name) and gave me the benefit of your time, energy and wisdom. I will always be grateful. I'm disgusting myself with my cheesiness but it is true.

I didn't exactly do what you advised (!), but you gave me the courage to see things for what they were and to stay sane in my interpretation of what was going on.

When my sneaky brain started to say things like 'it's only those arch-feminist types on mumsnet who think like that - don't most women just suck it up?' I looked around on the bus and thought, no - AF could be anyone here - literally any fucker - any ordinary woman. It's not an unusual or radical point of view.

I know that is overanalytical - but hey that's my thing!

Sorry if this isn't clear - I know what I mean but it is hard to explain.

Thank you anyway. Really.

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 21:12:24

No, chaotic, I have to beat all recent ones grin

LBADG, I think she will ...

Wozzawosi Tue 15-Feb-11 21:13:11

And now, the end is here
And so I face the final curtain
My friend, I'll say it clear
I'll state my case, of which I'm certain
I've lived a life that's full
I traveled each and ev'ry highway
And more, much more than this, I did it my way

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 21:13:24

thanks, ALBF, I have no idea who you are, but all the same...

compo Tue 15-Feb-11 21:13:38

If you change your name you risk getting quoted on daytime tv grin

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 21:15:19

It must be getting quite irritating to have this thread in Active Conversations

Someone is going to come on and say "WILL YOU JUST FUCK OFF" soon < quakes >

Am not bumping 'til someone else does, honest !

SaggyHairyArse Tue 15-Feb-11 21:16:51

I really like AF/AFs advice/the persona behind AF and don't know why you're changing???

ChaoticAngelofAnarchy Tue 15-Feb-11 21:19:15

Well it's 292(?) posts and 12 pages so far. I'm sure we can do better than this grin

Mouseface Tue 15-Feb-11 21:21:28

<sprays AF in neon paint so we can all still see her> grin

Wozzawosi Tue 15-Feb-11 21:21:45

We’ve already said...Goodbye
(don’t you even try, don’t you even try)
Since you gotta go, oh, you’d better Go now
(go now)
(go now,go now)Go now
Before you see me cry

I just want you to tell me
Just what you intend to do now
Can’t you see,darling,darling
I’m still in love with you now Whoa-oh
Telling me that you really don’t want me to
To end this way
Can’t you see I want you to stay

(go now, go now)
(go now, go now) Go now
We’ve already said so long

I just want you to tell me
Just what you intend to do now
I’m still in love with you now Whoa-oh
Telling me that you really don’t want me to
Want me to end this way
Can’t you see, darling, darling
Can’t you see I want you to stay

(go now, go now)
(go now, go now)
(go now go now) Go Now
Before you see me cry
(don’t you even try x 9)
We’ve already said...Goodbye

LoveBeingADaddysGirl Tue 15-Feb-11 21:23:57

Oh and if we get a prize when we spot you......

MigratingCoconuts Tue 15-Feb-11 21:23:58

<slopes back in after reading gaslighting thread>

Well THAT is a classic example of a wounded animal attacking those trying to help her!! (FF, not AF). I wonder what 'advice' she felt she was going to get other than 'leave the bastard!' after all she has said about him...

I don't think you should take her personally (I am sure you are not) but I can understand wanting to get away from the feeling that people are waiting for you to 'say it as it is' on every thread you post on.

Good luck AF, speak soon (whoever you will be now) and one final <wave> smile

aviatrix Tue 15-Feb-11 21:24:36

aviatrix Tue 15-Feb-11 21:24:53

FoundWanting Tue 15-Feb-11 21:25:24

You can come back tomorrow with your funky new name and start a 'Who is your favourite MNer?' thread.

And loads of people will say AnyFucker.

And then someone will say, "Oh. Didn't you know? She is not AnyFucker anymore."

And there will be much wailing and wringing of hands.

And then someone will say that they really didn't get AnyFucker's posts and didn't think she was all that.

And you will get even more posts about how fantastic you are.

There will be threads about the threads and people will cry quiche and royalty. Someone may flounce.

Enjoy!

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 21:28:57

FW, that is pretty much how I thought this thread might go

am still waiting for the negativity

I guess it's still early yet

when Big Fat Gypsy Wedding goes off I am gonnna get my 'ead kicked in grin

Mouseface Tue 15-Feb-11 21:29:26

grin FoundWanting

PrincessFiorimonde Tue 15-Feb-11 21:29:43

Starting lurking on MN in September 09 and first posted (under another name) that October. On one of the first threads I posted on, I chatted briefly to a really nice poster called ScaryFucker.

Didn't use the site for a few weeks, and when I came back I looked out for that poster but didn't see her again.

Then I saw a thread about how MN had asked posters to consider changing names that might be considered 'offensive'. Oh, I thought, Scary must have changed her name accordingly.

Meanwhile, I did of course notice the sensible-but-fun-lovin poster called AnyFucker (though I'm not sure we were ever on the same thread), who kept her name - which I always assumed signified Everywoman.

But it wasn't till a whole year had passed that the penny dropped and I realised that SF was AF's Hallowe'en name. blush

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 21:29:53

aviatrix your post still doesn't make sensesmile

BitOfFun Tue 15-Feb-11 21:30:40

<HUGE RACKING SOBS>

ChaoticAngelofAnarchy Tue 15-Feb-11 21:31:10

grin @ PrincessFiorimonde

That's the sort of thing that I do grin

RumourOfAHurricane Tue 15-Feb-11 21:31:31

Message withdrawn

FoundWanting Tue 15-Feb-11 21:32:18

You can handle it, Jeff. grin

I don't look in relationships much, it only makes me either very angry or very sad, so I don't really know what your persona is there. In chat, however, you often make me laugh so I'll look out for you.

Truckulente Tue 15-Feb-11 21:33:14

Well, I don't agree with a lot you say.
And I'm not bothered if you name-change.

Does that make it feel less of a love-in now?

Just trying to help.

MigratingCoconuts Tue 15-Feb-11 21:33:45

arrrghh, heck shiney, I was going to say that!!

cyb Tue 15-Feb-11 21:34:11

I hope anyone else who decides to name change doesnt demand this bloody red arrows fly past every time from now on

RumourOfAHurricane Tue 15-Feb-11 21:35:17

Message withdrawn

Scorps Tue 15-Feb-11 21:37:26

Goodness, are you still milking this?? grin Feck off.

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 21:37:37

it's helping, but I ain't the one bumping wink

ThatVikRinA22 Tue 15-Feb-11 21:38:22

Anyfucker is the most iconic name on here.

dont change. i love you just the way you are...

(couldnt be arsed to trawl through entire thread though!!)

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 21:38:56

grin

Pan Tue 15-Feb-11 21:45:36

"O, be some other name!
What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet;"

Romeo y Juliet Act 2 Sc 2

BUT,

"The Lady doth protest too much, me thinks"

Hamlet Act 3 Sc 2,

OR,

" Just do it!" - Nike.

ChaoticAngelofAnarchy Tue 15-Feb-11 21:46:13

Anyone informed the media yet? Full page ad in the Daily Mail Timeswink

Mouseface Tue 15-Feb-11 21:49:44

grin Princess - bless you.

Chaotic - I thought the Times too, much more AF's cuppa tea than Women's Weekly wink

solost Tue 15-Feb-11 21:51:02

Dont do it!!!

Pan Tue 15-Feb-11 21:51:41

OR

"They stab it with their steeley knives
But they just can't kill the beast!"

The Eagles, Hotel California.

ChaoticAngelofAnarchy Tue 15-Feb-11 21:52:18

Mouseface Or maybe Nuts winkgrin

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>runs shock

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 21:53:54

I have already been quoted in The Times, thank you very much

anonymously grin

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 21:55:01

Solost, I will be keeping my beady eye on you, girly

Truckulente Tue 15-Feb-11 21:56:39

Regretting your decision yet?

Many a thread posted in haste and all that.

solost Tue 15-Feb-11 21:57:48

AF: Wouldnt expect anything less! grin

Dont want to hijack, but do need some advice before you 'disappear'? Can you check out my thread?

Mouseface Tue 15-Feb-11 21:58:06

grin Chaotic

I can imagine her preffered reading material in her water closet is Knitters Weekly or the like, being the pure, virginal, soul that she is wink

ChaoticAngelofAnarchy Tue 15-Feb-11 21:59:20

grin Mouseface

I'm so glad I'd swallowed that mouthful of coke before I read your post.

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 22:01:35

I like Cross Stitch monthly actually

and occasionaly Cocks Quarterly

Mouseface Tue 15-Feb-11 22:01:52

shock You're doing coke? What's up with a nice glass of wine to send the auld bird off?

<waits to be slapped six ways from Sunday for calling AF auld and bird in the same post> grin

Mouseface Tue 15-Feb-11 22:02:31

See, I like a whole cock AF, not a quater cock wink

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 22:03:34

I like to chop the cocks up a bit, before I devour 'em

Mouseface Tue 15-Feb-11 22:04:20

grin

hairymelons Tue 15-Feb-11 22:05:45

Gosh, I've been away a while, I come back and it's all quiches, FROOTSHOOTS and now, this sad.

I always thought of it in the Everywoman sense too. Or rather that you were dissembling the fact that you were someone (in the well known mners sense) by saying that you were no-one. Y'know, like the Scarlet Pimpernel. Spreading no nonsense wisdom about fuckwit partners instead of rescuing French toffs....am I overthinking this?

Anyway, it's sad. Bye. (See you at the meet up?)

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 22:06:11

MF grin

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 22:07:28

Can't make it HM , but will get to next one smile

and, yes

ChaoticAngelofAnarchy Tue 15-Feb-11 22:07:42

<sighs and tries to remember cocks, whole or quartered>

grin

Mouseface Tue 15-Feb-11 22:08:57

grin Chaotic - you are on form tonight!

ChaoticAngelofAnarchy Tue 15-Feb-11 22:12:29

Must be the influence of MN. I'm sweet, innocent and positively angelic really wink

<crosses fingers behind back and whistles innocently>

Mouseface Tue 15-Feb-11 22:14:19

<dodges Chaotic's halo crashing to the ground> grin

Muthafucker Tue 15-Feb-11 22:18:23

<picks ups anyfuckers mantle>

someone has to be a fucker on here ffs! does it suit me?

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 22:19:52

go for it Mutha !

ChaoticAngelofAnarchy Tue 15-Feb-11 22:20:18

MF grin

ChaoticAngelofAnarchy Tue 15-Feb-11 22:21:17

That was for Mouseface but like it Mutafucker grin

ChaoticAngelofAnarchy Tue 15-Feb-11 22:21:41

FFS Muthafucker blush

Mouseface Tue 15-Feb-11 22:24:24

grin Mutha

Oh this could be fun -

GreedyFucker

FatFucker

SkinnyFucker

TightFucker

AngryFucker

SlimeyFucker

TwatingFucker

LazyFucker

NosyFucker

HornyFucker

StupidFucker

DozyFucker

UselessFucker

DopeyFucker

IgnorantFucker

AnyOtherFucker

Oh you could go one for ever with this......

grin

Muthafucker Tue 15-Feb-11 22:24:38

wondering how long to wear my new name for...can you tell who it is yet? (as rolf harris would say)

sweetgilly Tue 15-Feb-11 22:25:36

AnyFucker

Erm...does anyone really care?

Mouseface Tue 15-Feb-11 22:25:48

OOoooo! Wait, wait!

FuckityFucker grin

reelingintheyears Tue 15-Feb-11 22:26:45

Welcome Muthafucker..grin

Au revoir AnyFucker....sad

Mouseface Tue 15-Feb-11 22:27:20

Oh sweetgilly

You are such a bore. Join in and have some fun grin

chickchickchicken Tue 15-Feb-11 22:28:30

glad you are not leaving

will miss seeing the name though

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 22:32:31

thanks chick

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 22:33:47

you two (three?) fuckers are maaaaad

btw, most of those fuckers on your list, you cannot have because they are already in my repertoire wink

mine, all miiiiiiiiine

Muthafucker Tue 15-Feb-11 22:36:00

im actually getting quite comfy in my new name....

wonder how long i can carry it off for! im thinking its like an evening gown of a name....i might bring it out for special occasions!

Mouseface Tue 15-Feb-11 22:37:03

<stomps paw foot at not being able to use any Fuckers> grin

And oh yes, totally mad. Mad as a bastard in fact. I have magic pills to prove I'm mad wink

Mouseface Tue 15-Feb-11 22:38:04

It suits you Mutha, do we still have to guess who you are?

LifeMovesOn Tue 15-Feb-11 22:39:40

This thread is hilarious - thanks all for cheering me up grin

Muthafucker Tue 15-Feb-11 22:39:46

think of it like a MN version of that popular childrens game....Guess Who?

Couldntgiveafucker Tue 15-Feb-11 22:40:16

Is this still going on?

ChaoticAngelofAnarchy Tue 15-Feb-11 22:40:30

grin FuckityFucker grin

Mouseface Tue 15-Feb-11 22:42:26

If we get it right, do we win a prize? grin

UltimateFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 22:43:02

Testing testing grin

Mouseface Tue 15-Feb-11 22:43:13

Glad you like that Chaotic

I have a feeling we're going to get on just fine grin

UltimateFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 22:43:27

wine???

UltimateFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 22:44:12

OMG!!! Just think of all the fuckers there could be grin

Muthafucker Tue 15-Feb-11 22:45:16

see....you have spawned a whole host of little fuckers AF!

i think you should stay and watch over your little fuckers....

ChaoticAngelofAnarchy Tue 15-Feb-11 22:45:57

Mouseface I'm sure we will grin

Muthafucker Tue 15-Feb-11 22:46:24

listen with mutha...

Mouseface Tue 15-Feb-11 22:47:04

Yes please, I'll take a wine

On hols for the rest of the week so pass me a bottle glass please grin

UltimateFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 22:47:06

grin

Mouseface Tue 15-Feb-11 22:48:15

Mutha - vair good grin

Now, are you a sparkly stone or a character from a Disney story?

LittleMissHissyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 22:49:06

Excellent Idea....

Ta-dah!!

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 22:50:02

oh, my children

< clutches breast >

Mouseface Tue 15-Feb-11 22:50:11

Somehow, changing to MouseFucker seems, well, wrong grin

LittleMissHissyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 22:50:39

MN campaign to have an AnyFucker Day?

FuckerNet anyone?

grin

Would love to see the smiley they come up with for THAT!

Muthafucker Tue 15-Feb-11 22:50:54

come on you fuckers....

ive started a thread on Chat....

Meet The F*ckers. come one come all....all fuckers welcome

AF....please stay.

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 22:52:08

btw, I lied when I said I already had all he fucker names in my toolbag wink

ScaryFucker

EasterBunnyFucker (soooo wrong)

AnyFuckerForAMincePe (award winning)

hang on...will check

FoundWanting Tue 15-Feb-11 22:52:16

I thought I had read all the Mr Men/Little Misses over the years.

How did I miss that one?

FuckityFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 22:55:20

Evening.

In honour of the soon to be late, great AnyFucker, tonight Mathew, I'll be FuckityFucker grin

Pssssst - tis me, Mouseface, sshhhhhhh.

LittleMissHissyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 22:55:32

Clearly round the back of the shed 'avin a FAAAG'

[given up] Mr Wheeze and Little Miss Hacking-Cough made me. grin

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 22:55:39

AnyFawker
AnyFucker
AnyFuckerForAMincePie
AnyFuckerForAShiteSoppyCard
AnyFuckerForASoppyCard
AnyFuckerForAValentine
AnyFuckerForSomeParkin
AnyFuckerisFucked
AnyFuckerLikesItUpTheBum
AnyFuckerStealsHerKidsEggs
AnyFuckerWithAWhiffOFGarlic
AnyMothersDayFucker
AnyFucker
fuckerForAValentine
fuckerForMyValentine
FuckingPants

oh heck, I didn't know there had been that many

there is more...

LittleMissHissyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 22:57:13

<looks at FoundWanting>

Aren't you missing something ?????

at least FuckerWanted FGS...

C'mon, play the game! grin

LittleMissHissyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 22:58:41

Now how the bloody hell do I go tramping off to Legal, or In the news now, looking like this?

<tuts>

LittleMissHissyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 22:59:34

Here AF, you dropped one..

FuckingFucker

Much more versatile than you had originally envisaged eh?

LittleMissHissyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 23:01:40

Mutha, she IS staying, it'd take more than a court order and a packet of hobnobs to get her off of Relationships for a start.

She is merely considering retiring the name..

What about 'FormerlyKnownAs'?

FuckerWanting Tue 15-Feb-11 23:02:41

LittleMissBossyFucker was DD's favourite. grin

FuckityFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 23:02:45

This Fucker is off to bed.

AF - don't you dare go until this thread is full.

<goes to ask MNHQ to take the cap off the thread>

Night all xx

UltimateFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 23:05:17

Night FuckityFucker

<gets deja vu>

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 23:08:38

After tonight, am not coming back with this name, to this thread

I am going to get run outta MN town for being a pain in the arse and the namechanger-that--didn't-even-fucking-change

highly irritating

I am bugging myself wink but I thought it would have died by now

UltimateFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 23:12:09

Fuckers never die winkgrin

LittleMissHissyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 23:12:41

390 posts AF, you are a legend!

We'll see you on the other side, AF, <sniffs> I'll PM Solost if I have to, to draw you out... I'll even lock WWIFN and Thumb up so you HAVE to come help....

I'll watch out for your over-use of the work TWAT (with ONE T) and the missing 't' itself.

LittleMissHissyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 23:13:37

True, UF, Fuckers never die, they just Fuck off, and when they get there, they fuck off some more!

grin

Muthafucker Tue 15-Feb-11 23:13:42

not a chance.

i think you should stay just the way you are. but i respect your decision to stop being anyfucker... smile

UltimateFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 23:15:00

They also do in in Fucker style wink

MisSalLaneous Tue 15-Feb-11 23:15:45

Hey AF, in case our paths never cross again (well, with me knowing), I just want to say: I love reading your posts. I'm not posting as often anymore, but you're one of the people that I've got the world of respect for.

Doha Tue 15-Feb-11 23:19:48

Ahhh start a petiton to be presented to parliament

Save the Fucker grin

<<does MN have a swear jar????>>

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 23:22:16

oh hi, Sal (I knew there was a reason to hang around for a while....smile )

apart from this lot of daft fuckers grin

LittleMissHissyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 23:24:53

<<does MN have a swear jar????>>

There would be no Financial Crisis if there were, we'd just buy up/bail out everything....

MisSalLaneous Tue 15-Feb-11 23:25:42

Muthafucker Tue 15-Feb-11 23:26:04

AF....your user name is what kept me on MN when i first ventured on here...i was sick of moderated forums!

and in your posts your always talk sense. i will really miss your username. i know youll still be here and everything but....sad

UltimateFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 23:27:52

Aye, if there was a swear jar we could take over everrrrrything grin

Fuckers rule the world

Mwahahahaaaaaaaa

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 23:29:59

if there was a swear jar on MN we would wipe the National Debt in a fucking day

Doha Tue 15-Feb-11 23:35:04

Stuff the National debt. I was thinking more selfishly--wipe my debt..
BUT
l will share the loot with you AF if you stay pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzeee

<<you are open to bribery aren't you smile)

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 23:38:09

doha, just for you I will bring out the Xmas name in Decemeber grin

aviatrix Tue 15-Feb-11 23:39:22

findingthepath Tue 15-Feb-11 23:39:31

Just change already grin

Then i can start the "Guess who is AF!" thread.

But now i see you are talking money i'm going to lurk somemore to see if there is any i can rob have grin

I'm sorry you feel that you have to namechange

UltimateFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 23:41:21

Fuck the national debt. I'm with Doha grin

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 23:41:22

yes, aviatrix

that was ages ago, I thought I was a slow typer wink

the poster was expatinscotland

and thanks, and to you too, ftp

aviatrix Tue 15-Feb-11 23:42:26

AgeingGrace Tue 15-Feb-11 23:43:03

That's a bloody brilliant fucking idea, you clever bugger Any Fucker! Now, if those crap bastard twats in the Houses Of Cunting Parliament could come up with a shit-hot idea like yours instead of pissing bollocks, we'd be out of the turd-pile in no time!

grin I feel about 12yo wink

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 23:43:39

smile

Real life ? How very dare you...

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 23:44:46

here, Grace, I thought you were a fucking lady, like wot I fucking am

findingthepath Tue 15-Feb-11 23:45:26

So what you namechanging too? wink

thumbdabwitch Tue 15-Feb-11 23:46:28

Aww, I'll miss AF too!! I love your name and the stance you took to save it in the face of the mealymouthed - and sorry that someone can't see past it and realise that your advice is top-notch.

I liked TAFKAF as an option, since some mean cowbag has nicked Creakyfun - you could do (TAFK)AF? FannyUkker is good too - but how about Cannyufker? seein' as how you are very canny about stuff...

grin

(thanks LNHF for pointing me this way )

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 23:46:42

dunno yet

I had a good suggestion, but some fucker nicked it angry

thumbdabwitch Tue 15-Feb-11 23:48:23

Gah! LMHF blush

thumbdabwitch Tue 15-Feb-11 23:49:13

funkycare?

thumbdabwitch Tue 15-Feb-11 23:49:30

or perhaps funkycarer?

findingthepath Tue 15-Feb-11 23:50:52

Hay what can i say - i got there before ya grin

I'm still going to be looking out for ya - ya can't hide from me i know where you live <evil laugh> (ok i dont but it sounded funny in my head)

findingthepath Tue 15-Feb-11 23:54:22

Shageveryone
careingfucker
fluffyfucker - this is my fav as it makes me smile
namechangefucker
shagthelotofya

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 23:54:39

thumb ...you got it now smile

gonna come back in a day or two with some fluffy name changes...haven't nc for 2-3 years so I need to lighten up a bit smile

ftp ..it was you that was the thieving cowbag ???

and you know where I live ? < locks bolts > < hides baseball bat under pillow > grin

findingthepath Tue 15-Feb-11 23:56:39

I'm going to miss you (((hugs)))

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 23:58:00

< backs away slowly from ftp >

< presses panic button >

findingthepath Tue 15-Feb-11 23:58:28

P.S. check ya still got ya purse before ya go [hint, hint]

Lots of love from

Thieving cowbag grin

Pan Tue 15-Feb-11 23:59:09

just sod off and do it, instead of boring us all.smile

findingthepath Tue 15-Feb-11 23:59:23

I think the lack of sleep has finaly got to me confused

AnyFucker Tue 15-Feb-11 23:59:56

hey, it's nearly midnight

this thread was supposed to finish about 10am this morning

night all xx

findingthepath Wed 16-Feb-11 00:01:16

Goodnight, sweet dreams

thumbdabwitch Wed 16-Feb-11 00:01:58

you might like this discussion - read down a bit to get why! I was looking up something entirely different (je m'en fiche) and it pulled this lovely discussion out. The vagaries of French grin

ThatVikRinA22 Wed 16-Feb-11 00:02:22

at midnight i change back into myself...

goodnight AF. god bless.

Cain Wed 16-Feb-11 00:08:14

Well I for one respect your decision. I hope you have fun with it.

I was CainInThePunt for a long time and was comfortable as her, I think I gave a fairly true representation of myself as her but having been forced to change I have struggled to sit with a persona so although it has been ok with me, I know that my confident-I-have-been-here-for-a-while-and-dont-gi ve-a-shit attitude may create somehting of a 'fuck you' persona for everyone else who not 'knowing' me expect a newbie attitude.

I am pleased for you that you were able to make the decision for yourself. Look forward to seeing you around AnyFucker. I wish I had been allowed to make the decision for myself instead of being railroaded.

UltimateFucker Wed 16-Feb-11 00:09:28

Night Any Fucker

thumbdabwitch Wed 16-Feb-11 00:14:28

Cain, why were you forced to change? I LOVED your name!

If bupcakesandcunting can keep hers, I can't see why you couldn't keep yours.

Cain Wed 16-Feb-11 00:25:14

Aitch Mumsnet felt that my reference to the cunt word was a 'step too far' yes there are about another four posters with cunt referenced names but Aitch took exception to me and had her cronies complain, she decided I was a daily mail reader (Despite having never bought the paper). I was threatened with namechanging or banning.

Oh Mumsnet is such an inclusive exclusive arena.

ThatVikRinA22 Wed 16-Feb-11 00:29:21

id change it back. cant see a problem with it myself. did the towers that be tell you to change it?

Cain Wed 16-Feb-11 00:32:36

Vicar I was told to change by Justine or I would be banned.

Cain Wed 16-Feb-11 00:35:36

I did refuse for a while, explained my position etc but was give and ultimatum eventually.

Its very unfair but I have a spreadsheet mental note of the other posters who use cunt referenced names and I will return as CITP at some point as there really is no justification for my threatened banning.

thumbdabwitch Wed 16-Feb-11 00:44:23

oh WHAT? but that's just unreasonable, especially with the other names out there - I mean, nothing against the poster, I like her, but KuckingFunt is Waaaaay ahead of you on the rudey stakes! Maybe the C was the problem - if you were KaininthePunt it wouldn't be so obvious? Try that, maybe?

Am pretty miffed on your behalf, actually - would be different if it were the same across the board but you appear to have been singled out for some obscure reason.angry

Cain Wed 16-Feb-11 00:52:39

I have noted the other cunting referenced posters and found them very entertaining and contributory posters as I felt CITP was.

I think it was about Aitch using her clout as the roundup contributor. Her comments at the time made it clear it was about her prejudice.

I have a lot of stuff going on in real life so as soon as I have nothing better to do in real life I will take up the challenge on Mumsnet.

Actually I have gotten disillusioned with Mumsnet of late so the threat of banning doesn't have the same clout it once did.

Ho hum

ChippingInAuntyToThomas Wed 16-Feb-11 00:55:35

I LOVE CainInThePunt - my favourite name ever. I was most pissed off that you were made to change when so many others weren't sad angry

AnyFucker - OK, you've had your attention seeking love fest now. You can stop all this namechanging nonsense now, keep posting as AnyFucker and we wont mention this stupidity thread again!

<Daft blood ideas some people have>

Aitch Wed 16-Feb-11 01:03:02

Aitch did no such thing, Cain. i am 100% honest and straight up and had it out with you at the time, to your face, woman to woman. no cronies, ffs. hmm

if you honestly think that Justine would do anything she didn't want done you are wildly off the mark. or a bit paranoid.

Aitch Wed 16-Feb-11 01:03:58

(but yes, i have no idea why bupcakes' name stands either. haven't complained about that one either.)

Aitch Wed 16-Feb-11 01:05:09

and ROFL at 'clout'.

Pan Wed 16-Feb-11 01:08:42

oh Aitch - tell me of your clout. Sounds pretty nepotistic, and imprssive....

Cain Wed 16-Feb-11 01:12:20

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

Aitch Wed 16-Feb-11 01:13:21

it does, doesn't it? grin look, even if i did wield any clout (which i emphatically Do Not), i wouldn't use it, totally not my style... anyway it's pathetic to suggest that it was anything other than a business decision taken by HQ and had no idea that Cain felt this bizarre animosity to me personally.

Aitch Wed 16-Feb-11 01:15:28

honestly, cain, you are talking rubbish. (ask anyfucker, for starters, she knows you weren't singled out). any 'discussion' of your name was had on threads, with you present. i'm embarrassed for you that you think otherwise, that's a big mis-conception you are labouring under.

Cain Wed 16-Feb-11 01:15:43

Aitch Wed 16-Feb-11 01:19:05

you will 'deal with me?' hmm what is a person supposed to make of that?

cain, i have no idea what you are talking about. caininthepunt was a revolting name and no doubt Justine and Carrie thought it reflected very badly on their business. i didn't like it and when the subject came up, i said so, as i am entitled to do. i was far from the only one, as you were told at the time iirc.

Cain Wed 16-Feb-11 01:22:28

Aitch Wed 16-Feb-11 01:27:01

oh stop threatening me, you're sounding a bit mad. grin as i recall the subject came up, as you recall, i brought it up, what on earth is the difference? YOU were the one who called yourself caininthepunt, fgs, did you honestly think that it wouldn't court controversy? lol.

seriously, get over it. it was naff.

Pan Wed 16-Feb-11 01:32:43

WTF is this going on? Is this serious? Too late for popcorn.
Taking bets on Aitch. night.

Cain Wed 16-Feb-11 01:36:43

I'm not threatening you aitch by any means, I am just explaining to you that now is not the time for me to be investing any kind of effort in an argument that you raised way back.
MNHQ confirmed it was your complaint that created the issue and they soon dropped the notion that they had other complaints when I pointed out that any support you had was down to 'board friendships'.

Like I said, I will deal with this in my time.

And right now, I am pretty fucking busy.

Cain Wed 16-Feb-11 01:38:23

Pan Wed 16-Feb-11 01:41:02

Perspective-taking. The world is too big a thing to get worked up about name-allocation on an interweb forum.
<<takes own advice and slides off finally.>>

Pan Wed 16-Feb-11 01:41:52

advice taken cain. night.

Cain Wed 16-Feb-11 01:43:18

Well done Pan.

I have my priorities in order.

Thank you and Goodnight.

Aitch Wed 16-Feb-11 01:45:40

to which i say BULLSHIT, tbh.

mnhq don't get involved in conversations to that degree, so i can't really see them engaging in that way. (far less admitting that, what, they were only threatening you with being Banned From Their Site because I didn't like the name?! i mean really, what absolute rubbish...)

Aitch Wed 16-Feb-11 01:47:51

okay so there you go, cain... case in point. you clearly have pan marked as a crony of mine, but in fact i doubt i've spoken to him in a year or more.

sometimes you're just batting a sticky wicket, and that's all there is to it.

Pan Wed 16-Feb-11 01:49:47

was only kidding about going to bed.

Cain - does it really matter? If you are so busy then get on with what's important in your life. Not this.

Cain Wed 16-Feb-11 01:57:56

Pan Wed 16-Feb-11 02:06:47

ok.

All I say is just stand back from the screen, and breathe.

I don't know Aitch. Like her, but I don't do the aggressive stuff you come out with about "backs".

Happily getting on with some ironing right now. Now that IS important. Not this stuff.

thumbdabwitch Wed 16-Feb-11 02:09:36

Pan - ironing is soooo not important in the grand scheme of things. Seriously - you have it on for, what, 5 minutes? and it's creased again. Not worth it (unless you're in the Forces, don't remember that being the case for you?)

Aitch Wed 16-Feb-11 02:12:38

cain, what are you on about?! grin

did i report your name to MNHQ yonks ago, with the words 'is this an okay name, really?' or words thereabouts? yup.

did i tell you that At The Time? yup.

did we discuss this on MN yonks ago? yup.

did we discuss AF's name, QofFE's name etc etc and the issues surrounding sweary names? yup.

did other people tell you they didn't like it/them and had also reported? yup.

did i organise 'cronies', use 'clout' with MNHQ or do anything behind your back? NOT AT ALL, i am pmsl at the thought tbh.

i've never spoken with anyone at MNHQ about your name, not once. i was interested in discussing it when the subject was up on the boards, because i thought it was a pointlessly aggressive name (likewise AnyFucker, as she will no doubt confirm grin), but the idea that i would spare the energy to be a 'vindictive bitch' about something so stupid is absolutely laughable.

we've all got shit to do, and this place is good fun to hang out on, sometimes it's good to get into a meaty debate, sometimes it's good to fart about on camping threads having a laugh about fat airics. that's all this place is to me, certainly not something i get het up about. i wish you success in whatever stuff you have got going on at the moment, and i also wish you didn't have totally the wrong end of the stick on this one.

Pan Wed 16-Feb-11 02:13:49

oh stop it!

I like the theraputic thing about ironing as well.

BUT..if someone could invent a device that stops creases developing across your chest when you wear a seat belt, now THAT would be a winner!

<<just on the bedding now. As you were>>

Aitch Wed 16-Feb-11 02:15:24

i never iron. grin my kids find it in the back of the cupboard every so often and try to ride it across the carpet... [slattern]

thumbdabwitch Wed 16-Feb-11 02:18:50

Bedding?? oh no, you're a lost cause!!

mind you, I used to quite like ironing Dad's hankies - there was something quite OCD therapeutic about ironing in the folds...

Cain Wed 16-Feb-11 02:20:54

Pan I wish ironing was all I had to worry about.

I don't care if you like Aitch or not. my beef isnt about like. I amd pissed about the facts but like I said I will deal with them in my time. I have that rational.

I think you are preaching to the converted.
I have a query with MNHQ over this but its just not a priority, apart from my own dealings I have noticed the influx of vile posters of late. That makes a difference to the Mumsnet experience...

So what if I do post as CainInThePunt and get banned? Its not a very nice board these days anyway. Do I care?

Pan Wed 16-Feb-11 02:22:28

Call me as gay as a row of chiffon tents, but duvet cover and pilow cases - essential.
need to be 40 miles away by 9am. Night.
Cain - take it easy?
Aitch - you ARE a slattern.