Just been informed they are closing our office

(2 Posts)
Tadpoletoatoad Thu 19-May-16 09:34:14

Sorry, I don't really know why I'm posting at all but I don't really have anyone in RL to talk sob to.

Earlier this week we were all told that our office was going to close and staff would be moved to the next nearest office which is 25 miles away.

I'm in a slightly different role to others and I'm fairly certain my job will go completely before the move.

I've been in this job 10 years, I really enjoy it. I stupidly thought we would be safe from cuts due to the location of our office and need. No one saw this coming at all. Everyone is shocked.

I'm not at work today as I am part time and I can't stop having moments of breaking out in major sobs. I feel so angry. I don't want to have to look for other work. I don't want the stress of job searching, applying and interviews. I just want to carry on what I'm doing.

I'm normally such a together person but today I don't want to do anything. I have my DS at home with me and my patience is so thin. I just want to curl up in a ball.

originalmavis Thu 26-May-16 19:03:27

There there. I'm in the same boat and it's crap isn't it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now