Redundancy extension

(3 Posts)
Demolicious Fri 20-Sep-13 14:23:24

Supposed to made redundant next week, have received redundancy payment now. Company has just asked if we want to stay on for another three months as they have realised that they will not be able to complete integration easily without myself and colleague. Where do I stand with regards to redundancy payment/conditions, they have said they can offer an incentive to stay but I need to tell them what it is I would want - I have no idea, in my mind all set to leave next week, now this has been thrown in. Not sure if I would be breaching any redundancy terms either if I decide to stay. Anyone been in a similar situation ? Thanks.

I don't think this is unheard of, although I have no personal experience of it. My thoughts are:

1. Do you want to do this? You are under no obligation if you don't want to.
2. For an extra 3 months, what would be reasonable? I might start at a month's money, but settle for less. Remember that unless this was recalulated as part of redundancy payment, it would be taxable, so might be worth asking for more / for the redundancy amount to be amended.
3. Remember - You are in the driving seat here.
4. I don't think you'd be breaching redundancy terms - the redundancy still exists, it has just been delayed.

Demolicious Fri 20-Sep-13 17:12:25

Thanks fedup, I am going to have a think as they want answer first thing next week. I just wish they would have offered a figure as it is so difficult to make a decision without it. I guess just have to start somewhere.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now