Redundancy during mat leave

(2 Posts)
weeper Mon 22-Apr-13 16:13:15

hello,

I'm about eight months into my mat leave (was planning to take the year off) and am unfortunately about to be made redundant.

I know I'll get paid the rest of my statutory pay - I've only got one more payment to go before I stop being paid anyway.

But I'd like to know about holiday pay. I know that you're supposed to accrue a years' worth of holiday during mat leave, and I was planning on taking the money for this when I went back to work. Will my employer still be liable to pay me that money, on top of any potential redundancy payout?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

mylittlemonkey Tue 23-Apr-13 22:22:52

I understood from my HR that you get paid your holidays accrued up until the point you are actually made redundant. I had the option to not formally be made redundant until I give notice to return from maternity leave at the end of my 12 months and was told that would be better for me financially as I would be paid all holidays accrued up until then so well as the companys pension contribution payments. Can you ask your company's HR?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now