Nervous... Meeting hr today / at risk of redundancy

(4 Posts)
WeAreSix Thu 29-Nov-12 12:06:10

Well, the title says it all really.

I'm on maternity leave and I'm at risk of redundancy. The company I work for is changing the way it provides its services. Our offices are moving and job descriptions changing.

I'm doing all I can to maintain my job but I just don't know how I'll manage with 4 DCs and a commute of over an hour. The most difficult bit is the new training. I can't attend the dates they've offered and HR haven't got any further training dates. All of the dates so far are within my maternity leave and are more than the allocated KIT days.

I'm absolutely gutted. This is the first job in 12 years of my profession that I've really enjoyed and the hours were perfect for family life. It always was too good to be true sad

skyblue11 Thu 06-Dec-12 19:52:19

Life's so hard and I really feel for you with with 4 DC's. A commute of an hour is daunting. They should offer you alternative training days and seems a shame you need to use KIT days on it. I have a feeling you might have to put yourself out and go to them otherwise you're vulnerable.
I know what you mean about being too good to be true. I am vulnerable also and have a job with flexi, near home so I can take and collect DD to school. That's now all up in the air with no flexi or term time contract and we will have to get rid of the car. My new job could be (if I am lucky) town centre working for a company who are awful and the bus fares will be high. Happy Christmas eh?

DrinkFeckArseGirls Sun 09-Dec-12 20:10:27

How did it go, OP?

WeAreSix Mon 10-Dec-12 11:02:14

Thank you for asking Drink smile

It was embarrassing! I'd sent a letter detailing the questions I needed to ask / have answered so I could make a decision if I "go forward" with the new service or not. The person I'd written to didn't attend as planned and the other HR rep couldn't answer me. So I've got another meeting next month...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now