Must I do interviews while on maternity leave

(5 Posts)
Minstrelsaremarvellous Wed 17-Oct-12 07:42:29

I'm at risk of redundancy (11 to 7 roles). Am I obliged to attend assessment centres? I've only been given a weeks notice and my DH can't look after my baby as he's abroad for work and it's also half term for DD (no childcare arranged as I knew I was on mat leave).

Sariska Wed 17-Oct-12 08:01:56

No, you're not.

Plus you have priority for the remaining roles as you're on mat leave. Am on phone so can't link at the moment but google Acas for more info.

Minstrelsaremarvellous Wed 17-Oct-12 08:54:42

Thanks Sariska!

thinkfast Fri 23-Nov-12 20:06:42

You get priority for any suitable alternative roles however you don't get priority protection from being selected

Minstrelsaremarvellous Thu 29-Nov-12 19:08:55

Well, I've been through assessment centre and was successful in securing a role. Phew. Since then I've been sent an email about a promotion and asked to attend interview and do psychometric tests. Have done these - and then I get a phonecall to say that they have to advertise the job. I know they do, so I'm fine with that, but I've now been asked to attend another assessment centre.
I've already used up my KIT days in prep and attending/doing assessments. I'm now facing losing SMP. HR have said they'll give me days in lieu when I return to work. Is this legal/allowed?
I genuinely feel I have to choose between promotion or my baby as the impact this has had on me, my husband and my family is greater than we planned. My husband has taken annual leave to look after our baby.
I'm fed up to be honest. Any advice would be much appreciated (including being told to suck it up)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now