I have a meeting a week tomorrow with my Dean of school in an attempt to persuade her to support my voluntary severance. I have heard whispers that the committee may be thinking about getting rid of folks that are near to retirement. But the Dean's reccommendation will carry significant weight.
So any ideas as to what I can do in the meantime to seal the deal?
My DM suggested I express in the middle of the canteen rather than in my office, but I think that will make me bullet proof. I spoke to a colleague and said I was going to try being as incompetent as possible but he thought I'd get promoted.
(The severance pay would let me start a business and spend some time with the kids. I have been very Ill over the last two years and would love to downsize. So I really want this and am just being silly to pass the time)
If I get a severance pay out we can move over Summer and let the house take as long as it likes to sell. We are moving to the seaside where I grew up and are going to start a non-residential art course. I can't wait to get going with it but if I don't get the payout we will have to sell the house first to get the funds to start the business.
Big lifestyle change and more time with the kids, fingers crossed. [Grin]
Still no news. Just going to email HR to see when I can expect to find out. The severance docs all say Friday the 6th is the latest date to find out - but that is a bank holiday so will it be today or Tuesday???