Denied redundancy when I desperately wanted it.

(3 Posts)
Galwaymummy Wed 15-Feb-12 19:59:15

I returned to work after maternity leave and shortly after I had a very stressful time at work. My line manager and maternity cover were both shockingly incompetent. To make a long story short, I had to pick up the pieces. I was strongly discouraged and unsupported in putting through an application for redundancy as the other two may have stepped into my role. A year later, I regret not pushing this and have had a miserable time, and feel nothing but stressed and angry. In my own defence, I was too overwhelmed at the time. I'm wondering if there is anything I can do now. I really need to leave my job as it is affecting me badly and want to start up my own counselling practice so could use the start up money. Its also a long commute.

hairytaleofnewyork Tue 10-Apr-12 05:14:34

You havent made clear whether your employer is askin for voluntary redundancies. Is it?

I thought redundancy was only an option if your role was no longer needed as decided by the business in advance?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now